Son I've Been Advised By My Campaign Manager....

Reply Sat 29 Jul, 2006 05:31 pm
that you need to join the Marines and go to war so I can be president. Hope you don't get killed.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,335 • Replies: 37
No top replies

djjd62

Reply Sat 29 Jul, 2006 05:35 pm
but if you do, think of the sympathy vote

and a marine is so much better than having your kid crash their car and have to go into rehab
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 29 Jul, 2006 05:42 pm
Gee, thanks dad. Can you get me stationed in Hawaii?
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sat 29 Jul, 2006 05:50 pm
In the interest of being fair, something according to my kids I normally try to avoid, if my son joined the Marines and I had the clout to get him assigned to St. Tropez I probably would and probably so would about anyone else around here... except for McGentrix and Baldimo, who would push their boys into the line of fire and tell them not to be pussies Laughing
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Sat 29 Jul, 2006 11:29 pm
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
In the interest of being fair, something according to my kids I normally try to avoid, if my son joined the Marines and I had the clout to get him assigned to St. Tropez I probably would and probably so would about anyone else around here... except for McGentrix and Baldimo, who would push their boys into the line of fire and tell them not to be pussies Laughing

Since I got dragged into this, I will support my son in whatever he chooses to do with his future. Politicians chose their own profession and it is not up to them to decide their childrens. One of the things that politicians do is decide to defend our nation and that means using the military. It has been that way and will continue to be that way. Whether their children join the military is entirely inconsequencial to that.

Deal with it.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 30 Jul, 2006 08:13 am
Except that the war planners in the administration have never been to war, and few politicians' children are going off to get shot at, good point.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Sun 30 Jul, 2006 09:01 am
Edgar
edgarblythe wrote:
Except that the war planners in the administration have never been to war, and few politicians' children are going off to get shot at, good point.

Some think political war mongers are trying to compensate for their lack of military service---from a safe place while they send other mother's children to die.

BBB
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sun 30 Jul, 2006 09:04 am
McGentrix wrote:
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:

Since I got dragged into this, I will support my son in whatever he chooses to do with his future. Politicians chose their own profession and it is not up to them to decide their childrens. One of the things that politicians do is decide to defend our nation and that means using the military. It has been that way and will continue to be that way. Whether their children join the military is entirely inconsequencial to that.

Deal with it.

way to take a joke bud.... what a guy Laughing

and shouldn't you more properly say that one of the things politicians do is send our children to fight wars (our children rarely meaning their own of course) to, if not defend our country, certainly use that as the reason?
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Sun 30 Jul, 2006 11:15 am
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
McGentrix wrote:
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:

Deal with it.

and shouldn't you more properly say that one of the things politicians do is send our children to fight wars (our children rarely meaning their own of course) to, if not defend our country, certainly use that as the reason?

If you want to make a joke, do so without my name.

I can think of no time in the history of the US where the government sent children to war. Instead, they have sent soldiers. Men and women who decided (with the exception of the various drafts of course. Wouldn't want to leave that out for those of you that always need to point out every single exceptions etc) that the military was for them.

It's a typical tactic to use words that draw sympathy to ones argument that make you feel bad. Like "children" for example. They aren't children fighting the wars now. They are men and women who chose to be in the military. In joining the military, they put themselves at the whim of the politicians, just as every other soldier is and will be.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Sun 30 Jul, 2006 11:32 am
That kid might just be doing what he thinks is a good thing with his own life. He didn't ask to be born a McCain. I think its kind a low blow to suggest McCain would either send his kid to die, or try to affect his kid's assignment.
You can't have it both ways. You can't both bitch that not many politician's have kids who serve, then bitch when one does.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 30 Jul, 2006 11:34 am
If you look closely, except for Bear's joke, most of the comments were aimed at politicians in general, not McCain's son.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sun 30 Jul, 2006 11:46 am
McGentrix wrote:
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
McGentrix wrote:
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:

Deal with it.

I can think of no time in the history of the US where the government sent children to war. Instead, they have sent soldiers. Men and women who decided (with the exception of the various drafts of course. Wouldn't want to leave that out for those of you that always need to point out every single exceptions etc) that the military was for them.

It's a typical tactic to use words that draw sympathy to ones argument that make you feel bad. Like "children" for example. They aren't children fighting the wars now. They are men and women who chose to be in the military. In joining the military, they put themselves at the whim of the politicians, just as every other soldier is and will be.

Jesus could you be more humourless and touchy? Please try, I want to see how much more reactive you can get. I'm fascinated.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sun 30 Jul, 2006 11:50 am
snood, one of the things that make some humour funny ito some people is the fact that it can't possibly be serious. I don't think, and I would be shocked to think that you think I think, that McCain would get his son to join the Marines to be elected.

From McGentrix, not surprised. From you, pretty surprised.

So here's a disclaimer folks... I don't really think McCain would ask his son to join the Marines so he could be president. I don't really think McGentrix or Baldimo would push their sons to the front line.

There you big babies. Joke thoroughly soaked in piss. Laughing
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 30 Jul, 2006 11:51 am
Yeah - But, you told it from a lefty point of view.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Sun 30 Jul, 2006 11:52 am
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
McGentrix wrote:
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
McGentrix wrote:
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:

Deal with it.

Jesus could you be more humourless and touchy? Please try, I want to see how much more reactive you can get. I'm fascinated.

I understood your joke and appreciated it for what it was bear. Others however do not and believe that it is a real issue and so I addressed it.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sun 30 Jul, 2006 11:54 am
edgarblythe wrote:
Yeah - But, you told it from a lefty point of view.

oh..... yeah.....that killed the humour... I'll try to come back here shortly with a bj or lesbian Clinton joke.....
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sun 30 Jul, 2006 11:56 am
Can we like all agree that Mel Gibson is an a$$hole and get on with it and have a group hug or something?
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 30 Jul, 2006 11:56 am
Hillary sends Chelsea to Afghanistan - Now, that's humor.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sun 30 Jul, 2006 11:57 am
edgarblythe wrote:
Hillary sends Chelsea to Afghanistan - Now, that's humor.

after FINALLY catching and killing Bin Laden Chelsea becomes second woman president ala the bushs'... now THAT'S humour
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 30 Jul, 2006 11:59 am
Chelsea for president!
0 Replies