The plan - Please read

Craven de Kere

Reply Fri 30 May, 2003 02:10 pm
I'm trying to block the banners with excessive animation.

But while I experiment with ad delivery and different ad brokers I will not be able to get them all.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 30 May, 2003 02:20 pm
realjohnboy, We're not in need of more money for any reason. My efforts to 'volunteer' to be the collector is secure; my ethics and reputation is more important to me than a few more dollars - for which I have no need. I travel this world two or three times every year, and more often if I wish. I have need for no more in this life, except to extend myself to volunteer work. c.i.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 30 May, 2003 02:40 pm
Can't you just see C.i., sitting in some remote, tropical locale, sipping a cool umbrella drink, babe on his arm, soaking it all in, saying "Thanks, A2K...suckers!".... Wink
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Fri 30 May, 2003 02:42 pm
CI, I know that. I should have asked your permission to use your name as the hypothetical "bookkeeper" for my solution to Craven's problem with accepting donations. It just seems like a great way to resolve everyone's concerns. -john-
PS Plus you wouldn't get far w/o encountering Dyslexia
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 30 May, 2003 02:51 pm
I'm an old man; Craven could probably wup me with one strike from San Diego. Wink c.i.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Fri 30 May, 2003 03:44 pm
Craven--

Time is money. Time is also a limited entity. Money can buy time.

People who mention a need for cash and then explain that they can't accept money are crazy making. Crazy making people are inspired creators--but they don't understand money.

We wouldn't be writing you blank checks--we'd be paying in advance for the entertainment A2K provides. The contributions are to the site, not to you personally. In the future if you find it impossible to continue A2K, sobeit. Change is part of the fabric of the universe.

RealJohnBoy--

Excellent idea to separate the creative workers from the bookkeepers. I'm with you.

c.i.--

You are the soul of honor--and I bet you regard an unbalanced checkbook as a smirch on the landscape as well as on your escutcheon. I'm with you.
0 Replies

husker

Reply Fri 30 May, 2003 03:54 pm
edited by author for azzhole comments i made
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 30 May, 2003 03:57 pm
Noddy, I started my career as a auditor for Florsheim Shoe Company. I have learned early that "looks" is not a good indicator of any individual's honesty, but I'm so ugly, I had to make ethics my top priority to advance my career. Worked in management most of my professional life. Wink c.i.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Fri 30 May, 2003 04:02 pm
Husker,

I'm sick of you trying to do whois and find out where I live. First of all it's not clever. Anyone who can type a domain anme and press enter can do it.

Second of all I have never registered a domain name under my address. The address you incessantly refer to is of an old lady who I used as my mailing address. She was nice enough to provide this service to me and I'd forgotten about the crazy fools on the net who would use the information to feel like detectives.

I have since had to spend extra money to contract a service to hide her address from the likes of you.

Would you give it up already? I spent the money hoping your antics would stop.
0 Replies

husker

Reply Fri 30 May, 2003 04:20 pm
I'll apologize publicly - fact is I kidded you to much on this personal matter, I ask that you don't hold it against me that I make you sick - no more joking at your expense.
0 Replies

Tex-Star

Reply Fri 30 May, 2003 04:37 pm
A subscription forum? I don't know, it seems changed already just talking about money. It's getting close to another presidential election and there will be free forums through newspapers, no? This is just my opinion. What's wrong with the ads?

It also could become a forum where everybody is the same. A2K comes close to that anyway. Lately it's like a chat room but everybody seems to love it, so...
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 30 May, 2003 04:57 pm
(...keep those puss-cats rollling, rawhide!...)
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Fri 30 May, 2003 05:07 pm
Husker,

YOU don't make me sick. I'm just sick of people trying to find out my address and post it on these forums.

You have, so far:
1) PMed me to tell me you found my name.
2) PMed me to say you will be within "a few miles" from my house.
3) And you keep posting about the city you found in the whois records.

For the record, I have never registered a domain at my living address. When I registered this domain I was leaving Brazil and a dear old lady let me use her address as my mailing address.

It has since been posted here several times by yourself and others and out of concern for her I have reregistered the domain through an agency that protects her address from the curious.

Apparently you found her address interesting enough to remember despite the change.

I do not think this is "kidding". This isn't about different kinds of humor. You have overstepped your boundaries by incessantly trying to discover where I live and you keep posting the address of a kind friend of mine saying that I can be found there.

I do not find that funny, it's obnoxious.
0 Replies

maxsdadeo

Reply Fri 30 May, 2003 06:50 pm
I have always found that celery is the only funny thing where "stalks" are concerned.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Fri 30 May, 2003 06:56 pm
Oh, I'm not worried about stalking, it's just that the lady who lives at the address in question might. I made a mistake to use that mailing address to register a domain and I corrected it quickly.

But it seems all the private admonitions I have made were not being beleived.

e.g.

Quote:

shh stop saying SanDiego - he wants people to forget about Chula Vista Laughing

That was said because when I said it was not my address it was not believed. It's a pity I had to be rude to get the point across.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 30 May, 2003 07:37 pm
[size=7]now that this thread has served its original purpose, maybe it could become one of the 'disappeared ?[/size]
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Fri 30 May, 2003 07:42 pm
Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Fri 30 May, 2003 07:42 pm
I'll be glad to contribute whatever. $10 a month is only half what I pay for NPR
0 Replies

Charli

Reply Fri 30 May, 2003 09:32 pm
A2K IS ONE OF THE BETTER MESSAGE BOARDS ON THE NET!
CdK - A2K is one of the better message boards on the net. And, maybe without you it wouldn't be. However, rather than see it disappear, have you thought about selling it to a magazine or newspaper, or . . . ? Let 'em run their banner ads. You can scroll them up beyond the tool bar! Or, to the side, if need be! Maybe run a poll on how many subscribers there would be, for what fee? Just trying to help. We really like it here![/color]
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 30 May, 2003 09:50 pm
Charli, I think it's up to the $100 range. We need more committments. Wink c.i.
0 Replies