The plan - Please read

Mr Stillwater

Reply Thu 29 May, 2003 10:18 pm
Blackmail, excellent. And did anyone really think that sticking pencils up your nose and wearing your underpants on your head constituted a 'plan'? Like right.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 29 May, 2003 10:22 pm
Well, apparently it worked fine until the first mass-court martial and executions on the Somme in 1915, Pondy!

Then, as Adders soon pointed out to Baldrick, prior to sticking his pencils in his nostrils and his undies on his head, it wasn't worth a pinch of chickenshite!

(I can look up the real words if you like, Pondy - somewhere lurking in my abode are the scripts)

Funny - blackmail is what first came to my head, too...
0 Replies

mikey

Reply Thu 29 May, 2003 10:24 pm
i'm in for a pint a month plus the tip.....that's a mere pittance to pay for what i've learned here.
0 Replies

maxsdadeo

Reply Thu 29 May, 2003 10:28 pm
Quote:
osso, my new plan involves photos

Suitable for "framing" I trust?
0 Replies

CodeBorg

Reply Thu 29 May, 2003 10:47 pm
Does the National Enquirer know about this?

Ah! Your secret sponsor....
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 29 May, 2003 10:49 pm
National Geographic might complain if the photos are too good. c.i.
0 Replies

Mr Stillwater

Reply Thu 29 May, 2003 11:09 pm
Quote:
blackmail is what first came to my head, too

...and pushed the pencils out??? Jeez, that must have caused a near-fatal lowering of IQ!
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Fri 30 May, 2003 11:36 am
maxsdadeo wrote:
Quote:
osso, my new plan involves photos

Suitable for "framing" I trust?

Long as you remove the strategically placed staples first. :wink:
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 30 May, 2003 11:52 am
If "the plan" involves buying something with A2K getting a share of the profits, I'm out.

I hate when those kids come to my door and try to sell me a 25 cent candy bar for a dollar so their school can get 5 cents.

The method ought to be outlawed -- although first, those things called "demonstrations" that women go to and buy things for 5 times what they are worth should be outlawed first.
0 Replies

steissd

Reply Fri 30 May, 2003 11:54 am
Well, Israeli salaries are lower than the American average (an average annual wages/salary in Israel is $19,000, and the official minimum is around $9,000), and the new job I have recently found is not so well-paid as my previous one was, but if the subscription fee does not exceed $5 a month, I think I can afford this to me.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 30 May, 2003 12:30 pm
I see the banner ads are back. What gives?
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Fri 30 May, 2003 12:55 pm
I have already said the plan presented here is a no-go. This means banners will be needed to support the cost of the site.

Banners will be on and off while I look for a good invocation method as well as a good ad broker.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Fri 30 May, 2003 01:34 pm
Craven, I like Visitor's idea of a yearly payment. I would certainly be happy to comply, and $5.00 a month seems reasonable and worth every penny of it. The only problem I have is how to pay.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Fri 30 May, 2003 01:36 pm
Letty,

There will not be any subcription fee and we won't accept donations.

There are a few premium services in the works ranging from site/gallery hosting to A2K photo album access but that's still in planning stages.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Fri 30 May, 2003 01:45 pm
OK, Craven. Whatever decision is made, I'm with you.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Fri 30 May, 2003 01:46 pm
Thank'ee
0 Replies

husker

Reply Fri 30 May, 2003 01:49 pm
Ok - youngster! Yer in charge!
0 Replies

husker

Reply Fri 30 May, 2003 01:49 pm
errr - coin a phrase "boss"
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 30 May, 2003 01:50 pm
Anxiously awaiting the A2K Photo Album. Wink c.i.
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Fri 30 May, 2003 02:01 pm
So, the ads are back in lieu of donations. So be it; it's Craven site and he should and will run it as he sees fit. It's easy enough to quickly make the ads disappear but the flashing banners do make my eyes hurt.
Here's an idea--bear with me on this and don't mention it to Craven:
The last time he had ads he offered the option to opt out of them for something like $5.00/month. If we could get him to extend that offer, the cost to each of us would be $15 for 3 months; $30 for 6 or $60 for a year (Am I good at math or what).
Here is the cool part. Everyone who decided to participate in this could "hire" a bookkeeper, say someone like cicerone imposter, to whom we would send checks for the cost of the service for three, six or twelve months. CI would deposit the money into his account and, once a month using PayPal or whatever, pay Craven for keeping the ads off of the screens of the folks who decided to entrust CI with their money.
Craven should be happy; he's "earning" the money by providing a
service (no ads for us). Those of us joining are happy (no ads for us and no need to get involved with Paypal individually). The risk is that CI (or whomever) would abscond with the money, but that seems pretty unlikely and, if he did, the issue would be between CI and the participants; not with Craven. -realjohboy-
0 Replies