How do you know when you're getting arsed around

Elz

Reply Sat 29 Jul, 2006 08:25 am
I've been messed around because I was too stupid once before. And now I think it might be happening again!!!
Lovely guy artistic intelligent attractive, a little quirky but I like that. All in all a good catch...
...were in a casual relationship. I've asked about what it means to him and he just said he's not ready for a relationship at the moment.
Now I shouldn't possibly except this apart from the fact that he's been through a lot in the last couple of years and he's just getting over his experiences.
Am I being stupid???
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 339 • Replies: 6
No top replies

flushd

Reply Sat 29 Jul, 2006 09:03 am
Re: How do you know when you're getting arsed around
Elz wrote:

...were in a casual relationship. I've asked about what it means to him and he just said he's not ready for a relationship at the moment.

This means he just wants to get laid and have fun. Without accountability to you.

Time to go find yourself someone else who actually wants a relationship with you. This guy doesn't.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sat 29 Jul, 2006 09:57 am
Elz--

How much time are you willing to invest in a potentially "good catch".

He's told you clearly that he's not into anything more than a casual relationship "right now".

You could demand a time table for how long "right now" is, but either can't or wouldn't give you one.

How long have you two been seeing each other?
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sat 29 Jul, 2006 11:07 am
Elz- Welcome to A2K! Very Happy

How can you say, as you put it, that you are being "arsed around"? He was very upfront with you. Now take him at his word, and start looking for someone who really wants a relationship!
0 Replies

Elz

Reply Sat 29 Jul, 2006 11:16 am
Definately understand what everyone is saying...However he is unfortunately my very good friends older brother and is around rather a lot. The other unfortunate thing is that he is genuinely interested in what I'm doing. Last time the guy wasn't interested at all.
Oh and my friend says that he is a lovely guy and he doesn't just sleep around
But he could be being really stupid and pissin in his own letter box if his sister doesn't know the real him and he actually is a prat
It's been about 7 months
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sat 29 Jul, 2006 11:27 am
Elz wrote:
The other unfortunate thing is that he is genuinely interested in what I'm doing. Last time the guy wasn't interested at all.

It sounds like you are definitely on the defensive. Sure, he may be interested in what you are doing, but not interested ENOUGH for a serious relationship. It sounds like you have been burned, so you are grateful to this guy for whatever interest he has in you.

I say back off, and start dating other people. One of two things might happen. The guy may decide that it is fine with him, or he may realize that you mean more to him than he realizes. No matter what, it does not pay to put any more time into a relationship that is going nowhere, if a serious relationship is what you want.
0 Replies

flushd

Reply Sat 29 Jul, 2006 11:50 am
Hey, he may be a fantastic guy.

Who isn't available for a relationship.

If you want a relationship, and you ignore the fact that he isn't going to give that to you, try to force it anyways: that is foolish.

It's not whether he arses you around, it's whether you arse yourself around on this one or not.

good luck.
0 Replies