Just curious...

Treya

Reply Mon 24 Jul, 2006 04:52 pm
I was reading this on another thread and it made me wonder...

Quote:
Oh, and another something I enjoy is knowing that I approach the age where the only available material are busted divorced moms, who got used up and gotten rid of when their boyfriends/husbands got sick of them. Nothing sounds more awesome then some gorilla titted **** with a huge baggage in a form of kids, stretch marks and hatred for all men.

Do REAL men put divorced women in categories such as this? Or is it just the ones who can't seem to get a girl to save their life probably because of their own attitude towards women and the way they present themselves...
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 881 • Replies: 13
No top replies

hingehead

Reply Mon 24 Jul, 2006 05:25 pm
I'm not real but that sort of categorisation isn't ubiquitous among men.

But taking on children (even your own) is a big responsibility and not taken lightly.

Also I thought it was pretty funny that he thought women are only divorced because they are the rejected parties - he needs to do some research....

But even out of context the quoted guy does seem to be going for irony and not a little bit of self-deprecation.

He might sound awful but he's probably just having a bad day and feeling a little down. I think you should date him.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Mon 24 Jul, 2006 05:30 pm
To be blunt. From what I read, this is not from a real man. Desperate man perhaps, but not real. He seems to be putting women down when it is his own insecurity that is the root of it.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Mon 24 Jul, 2006 05:45 pm
read his last 4 words...change the gender and you're describing him
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 24 Jul, 2006 05:59 pm
or, as Timber suggested, it could be entirely satiric.
(or not, I'm guessing not. I think it's the view of someone who hasn't much experience, feels very isolated, and casts aspersion in a defensive way.)

But to your question, Heph, most actual men I know don't feel that way, as far as I can tell by their words or deeds. Maybe I've just been lucky.
0 Replies

Treya

Reply Mon 24 Jul, 2006 06:00 pm
hingehead wrote:
I'm not real but that sort of categorisation isn't ubiquitous among men.

But taking on children (even your own) is a big responsibility and not taken lightly.

Also I thought it was pretty funny that he thought women are only divorced because they are the rejected parties - he needs to do some research....

But even out of context the quoted guy does seem to be going for irony and not a little bit of self-deprecation.

He might sound awful but he's probably just having a bad day and feeling a little down. I think you should date him.

Shocked I think NOT. Besides... I'm not his "type"...

I'm not a busted divorced mom. Nope... no kids here...

I didn't get used up and gotten rid of...

I think their is some life still in me hopefully... and well... no need to rehash the rest of all that... Razz

I'm definitely NOT gorilla titted Shocked

Though admittededly I can be a bit ***** sometimes...

I have no stretch marks...

And I definitely don't have a hatred for all men... (though they do piss me off sometimes... LOL)
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Mon 24 Jul, 2006 06:07 pm
ossobuco wrote:
(or not, I'm guessing not. I think it's the view of someone who hasn't much experience, feels very isolated, and casts aspersion in a defensive way.)

But to your question, Heph, most actual men I know don't feel that way, as far as I can tell by their words or deeds. Maybe I've just been lucky.

Let's just hope that your luck doesn't change.
0 Replies

Treya

Reply Mon 24 Jul, 2006 06:12 pm
ossobuco wrote:

I don't know... I had quite a stereotype myself about "divorced" people until I was thrown into that boat. You summed up my position at the time quite well actually. Things look a lot different from this side of the fence... It's kind of a scary thought to be thrown into such a catagory just because of my "marital status" though.
0 Replies

hingehead

Reply Mon 24 Jul, 2006 06:15 pm
Hey, I'm not Timber!
ossobuco wrote:

my hand doesn't even look like his...
0 Replies

cyphercat

Reply Mon 24 Jul, 2006 07:44 pm
I have some faith in men (lets hope it's not misplaced Razz ), and I think the men who expect to find a woman who is "tanned, beautiful and has perfect tits" (as the same poster said later) are outnumbered by men who love and accept real women. I do not think there are very many men who'd say the kinds of extremely ugly things that you quoted in your first post.

I think it's prolly more common to be overwhelmed at the idea of dating a woman who already has kids, but that's a bit more understandable.

And as far as your personal situation, Heph, I don't think you need to worry that you'll be categorized by most men because you've been divorced. This poster is pretty extremely bitter himself-- so he sees bitterness in the women around him. That's not how most men you're going to meet are going to see you. If you're anything like the posts you write here, I think anyone who meets you in real life will see that you are a really postive person with a good outlook on life. I don't think you're going to have a hard time finding someone who appreciates you! Smile
0 Replies

Treya

Reply Mon 24 Jul, 2006 08:03 pm
Quote:
I have some faith in men (lets hope it's not misplaced Razz ), and I think the men who expect to find a woman who is "tanned, beautiful and has perfect tits" (as the same poster said later) are outnumbered by men who love and accept real women. I do not think there are very many men who'd say the kinds of extremely ugly things that you quoted in your first post.

I hope you are right cyphercat! Well I've noticed that older men (ok, speaking of men my age and older not my parents age...) seem to enjoy women who are tanned, beautiful and have perfect tits, but aren't necessarily making that a "requirement". So that's encouraging. Smile

Quote:
I think it's prolly more common to be overwhelmed at the idea of dating a woman who already has kids, but that's a bit more understandable.

Now there's something I understand. My soon to be ex has two kids and things can get really sticky when kids are involved. But I think really it boils down to each person's attitude. If you are having to deal with a bitter ex every other week for visitation it can get a bit tiresome after a while. Or if that person is bitter towards their ex and is constantly bringing them up, comparing you to them, getting angry because you don't act like them and so forth, that can get tiresome as well. It seems a bit intimidating at first because you don't really know them quite yet or just how they are going to be.

Quote:
And as far as your personal situation, Heph, I don't think you need to worry that you'll be categorized by most men because you've been divorced. This poster is pretty extremely bitter himself-- so he sees bitterness in the women around him. That's not how most men you're going to meet are going to see you. If you're anything like the posts you write here, I think anyone who meets you in real life will see that you are a really postive person with a good outlook on life. I don't think you're going to have a hard time finding someone who appreciates you! Smile

Thanks cyphercat that was sweet. Smile I strive to be the same no matter where I am. So maybe next time around I'll find someone who does appreciate me. I seriously doubt I'll be looking among the "christain ranks" this time though. LOL I guess I am still a little bit bitter, eh? Hehehe...
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 24 Jul, 2006 08:18 pm
Hinge, I sooo know you are not Timber or vice versa. Timber posted early on the linked thread by whosits, whose name I forget right now, though I'm interested in the thread.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 24 Jul, 2006 08:20 pm
well, I've ranted on in the thread to which you allude.

Signed,

Ms. Verbose
0 Replies

hingehead

Reply Mon 24 Jul, 2006 08:34 pm
<Tips>
0 Replies