Hay Fever

BDV

Reply Mon 24 Jul, 2006 04:17 pm
I am one of millions who suffers from hay fever, quite badly too, my nose blocks up, my eyes itch and go red, I sneeze and also get chest infections all from this lively ailment. I have tried every potion, injection and tablet that man has possibly made and still suffer every summer for 2 and half months.

The point of this post is this year I tried something new, I am not sure if I would be allowed to post the name but it has 2 red lights that you stick up your nose for 4 mins 3 times a day and TBH since getting it a month ago I have been leading an almost normal summer, without using medication, and with very limited sneezing and eye itching. Maybe its my own mind curing me but from using it I feel a million times better, and I am hoping that it works from now on. This year though i haven't been brave to test it but when the summer comes round next year i will roll in the grass to see what happens. Smile

Just incase anyone thinks it, I don't work for the company or have anything to do with it but I feel I need to share my new discovery as i have suffered for so long with it Smile
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 723 • Replies: 5
No top replies

NickFun

Reply Thu 27 Jul, 2006 01:29 pm
Stick two red lights up your nose??? Pardon me while I stifle a laugh...mmmmHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Sorry. I couldn't hold it in!
0 Replies

BDV

Reply Thu 27 Jul, 2006 05:26 pm
Maybe so, but it works for me, and i have enjoyed the first summer in a long long time, so i suppose the saying he who laughs last comes into play here...

Quote:
Medical trials involving 150 patients showed that by placing two small probes in the nostrils two or three times a day, symptoms were significantly lessened. The device emits a red light which reduces the inflammation of the nasal linings that triggers sneezing, runny noses and itchy eyes. 72% of patients involved in the trial said that the device made their hay fever season more bearable.

NickFun wrote:
Stick two red lights up your nose??? Pardon me while I stifle a laugh...mmmmHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Sorry. I couldn't hold it in!
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 27 Jul, 2006 05:42 pm
Allergy queen here. Also a person with a med background in immunology. Still, I'll check it out online if I can.

If heat/ions/whatever may be seen to work for testicular cancer, maybe it'll work on the old nose.

My personal experience is that this is all quite complicated, re exposure to different levels of antigen and thresholds of sensitivity. But I haven't followed all of this lately. Your antigen and your threshold may just be on the other side of conflagration re pollen counts, cat saliva, etc.

Do you have a link from google on this? Have you been allergy tested? How does the weather station rate those allergens in the air recently?

What I am talking about threshold is that once I am wildly allergic, every damn thing sets me off, or did, I used to be more allergic to the point of quite pitiful from others' point of view. But once it settled down by whatever means, I could pet a cat, etc. and not go into epiphanies of sneezing. Thus there was a sort of "load" involved with sensitivity. Now, I haven't read about all this in years, there is probably a lot of new data on it.
0 Replies

Wolf ODonnell

Reply Fri 28 Jul, 2006 04:37 am
I suffer from hayfever too and this year, I'm told is spectacularly bad. But for some reason, with the exception of those days that were insanely bad, I'm not really feeling the effects of it that much.

Perhaps exercise and exposure is a good way to reduce hayfever symptoms.
0 Replies

BDV

Reply Sun 30 Jul, 2006 04:41 pm
Heres the link to the product, it was expensive, but i have bought no hay-fever tablets this year so made my money back.

I had an allergy test, and it came back grass pollen, can't rem exact details as it was a few years ago, i also have recently developed asthma, symptoms i would receive blood shot swollen eyes that feel like pepper has been sprinkled on them, sneezing and chest problems. Symtoms this year have been slight sneezing, beginning of season was bad until i started using the product i bought, within a few days it was working marvels, i even cut the grass at my parents home Smile, I personally had moved to concrete heaven a few years ago Smile

http://www.healthyliving.ie/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=14
0 Replies