Is George Bush going mad? Really, be honest. Is he?

Joe Nation

Reply Sun 23 Jul, 2006 11:03 am
Then again, look where he's from:

The Texas insanity-defense law requires that a delusional person acting under "orders" from God be judged not guilty by reason of insanity, but that a delusional person acting under "orders" from Satan be considered sane, according to prominent forensic psychiatrist Park Dietz (according to a June USA Today story).

Thus, Dietz believed that Andrea Yates (at press time being retried in Houston) knew that drowning her kids upon command of someone "without moral authority" (such as Satan) was wrong and thus that she did not qualify for insanity-law protection. Dietz later concluded the opposite in another Texas child-killing case because God had supposedly assured that mother that her kids would be better off dead. [USA Today, 6-20-06]

Joe(uh-huh)Nation
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Sun 23 Jul, 2006 11:12 am
oh boy! ANOTHER one!
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sun 23 Jul, 2006 11:16 am
McGentrix wrote:
oh boy! ANOTHER one!

Yes, what a shame it will be when we get another president, dem or repub.... stand up comics will weep........ where would we ever find such a moron.......gotta make hay while the sun shines ya know.....
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Sun 23 Jul, 2006 11:42 am
The problem is this is real.

George didn't really want to be President. He wanted to run for President.
After the Supreme Court gave him the nod (do you remember how George looked giving that first speech after the decision?) he went to Washington hoping to walk through it, doing a few favors for buddies and making a few appearances doing some country boy jokes. How do I know that? Because that's exactly what he did for the first months of his first term. He spent more time on vacation in Texas then he did in Washington heading there only to wave at the start of "No Child Left Behind." and nixing stem cell federal research money.

Then came September 2001.

Suddenly, George had to show he had some sense of the world.

So far, not so much.

Joe(when's nap time?)Nation
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Sun 23 Jul, 2006 12:42 pm
I don't find the "bush is nuts" notion compelling from comparison of the two videos. I fully expect that though the first example was from a debate, he had been rehearsed sufficiently that he could reel off such a memorized answer with ease. And that particular answer is exactly the sort which candidates know will come up or which they themselves initiate because they have the soundbite well rehearsed.

Phoenix offers up some very plausible alternate causes. God only knows what sort of shape I might be in were I in his place presently. Of course, that would be because I am probably no more equipped than he for what must surely be as trying a job as what he has to endure/master.

I don't offer this as an excuse for the man. It has been apparent from the time of his run for the nomination that he was the least qualified candidate for the presidency that I've ever seeen.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Sun 23 Jul, 2006 01:37 pm
I don't think he's nuts, I think his brain has been done some injury. I think he has had to work hard on rebuilding his body, but there's not much you can do about alcohol damage.

You're right about the early tape being a memorized debate question.

So were a lot of the rest of the more recent examples, I see dead brain cells.

Joe(just me being the decider)nation
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Sun 23 Jul, 2006 01:58 pm
First golfer: You are driving me crazy.

Second golfer: That ain't a drive...it is a putt.

All of which is preamble to me mentioning that I have a problem with the word "going" in your thread question.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Sun 23 Jul, 2006 02:06 pm
Here we are, the two experts on too much time in the sun and dead brain cells.

I'm just counting the days until he's out of office. No safety til then.

Joe(he has that odd smirk thing too.)Nation
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sun 23 Jul, 2006 02:11 pm
Does anyone have the video clip or perhaps the text from the news conference where Bush enquired as to the specific location of Lebanon, apparently confusing it with Lisbon and believing Israeli bombs were falling on the Iberian Peninsula.

It was really funny.
0 Replies

cyphercat

Reply Sun 23 Jul, 2006 02:26 pm
bookmark
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sun 23 Jul, 2006 02:39 pm
gungasnake wrote:
Nonetheless, he's beaten two of YOUR genius candidates, hasn't he?

REALLY! I voted for Bush, much to my everlasting chagrin. It was the second worst decision that I ever made, the first being marrying my first husband! Laughing
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sun 23 Jul, 2006 02:41 pm
Phoenix32890 wrote:
gungasnake wrote:
Nonetheless, he's beaten two of YOUR genius candidates, hasn't he?

REALLY! I voted for Bush, much to my everlasting chagrin. It was the second worst decision that I ever made, the first being marrying my first husband! Laughing

It takes character to admit a terrible mistake Phoenix. I admire you. Gunga, well.......
0 Replies

najmelliw

Reply Sun 23 Jul, 2006 03:01 pm
Without going into any diatribe about the shrub in the white house, and just talking about this video, or any video for that matter, at face value...
I distrust them by nature. It cannot have been hard to edit it to such an extent that he seemed fluent ten years ago, while now he comes over as a bumbling idiot. (Granted, making him seem fluent seems more daunting then making him seen like a bumbling idiot).
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sun 23 Jul, 2006 03:05 pm
some of our best artists and scientists produced great things while drunk.Thats my story.

My ship is registered in Iberia
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sun 23 Jul, 2006 03:31 pm
farmerman wrote:
some of our best artists and scientists produced great things while drunk.Thats my story.

Yeah, but artists and scientists don't have their finger on "the red button"! :wink:
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Sun 23 Jul, 2006 04:20 pm
And presently our best artists and scientists have had their grants and funding cut by the guy with his finger on the button.

Joe(O, the irony)Nation
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Mon 24 Jul, 2006 07:11 am
gustavratzenhofer wrote:
Does anyone have the video clip or perhaps the text from the news conference where Bush enquired as to the specific location of Lebanon, apparently confusing it with Lisbon and believing Israeli bombs were falling on the Iberian Peninsula.

It was really funny.

Is that for real, gus? (No telling with Bush or with you)
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Mon 24 Jul, 2006 07:19 am
Joe Nation wrote:
And presently our best artists and scientists have had their grants and funding cut by the guy with his finger on the button.

Joe(O, the irony)Nation

Joe- Don't start me on the stem cell veto. If you do I promise a diatribe that would last for hours!
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Mon 24 Jul, 2006 07:23 am
blatham wrote:
gustavratzenhofer wrote:

It was really funny.

Is that for real, gus? (No telling with Bush or with you)

No, blatham, I made that up. But we both know it could happen with Bush.

Wouldn't surpise me at all.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 24 Jul, 2006 07:25 am
Joe Nation wrote:

Joe(O, the irony)Nation

His finger goes anywhere near any button under my jurisdiction he's cactused.
0 Replies