Is George Bush going mad? Really, be honest. Is he?

Reply Sun 23 Jul, 2006 04:37 am
Has the alcohol finally caught up with George? I'm asking this question not as a political snipe, but as something that ought to concern us all.

Watch this video.

Is George Bush losing it?

We have nearly two and half more years of George W. Bush's leadership to go, yet watching him recently makes me wonder not if he's going to make it through those days without collapsing from the mental stress of it all, but when will the collapse come?

Read this next article and think about what some of the 'rules' would indicate about a person's mental state.

2) Never fail, absent any other pertinent information, to note how "big" a foreign country is. "Wow! Brazil is big," Bush exclaimed in Brasilia on Nov. 2, 2005, a line of thought reprised at the St. Petersburg summit with his genial intuition: "Russia's a big country and you're a big country."

The last part of that sentence, a poetic personification of the bigness idea, was apparently addressed to President Hu Jintao of China. In short, big is better, with the exception of a few small countries like Israel and Britain whose conduct makes them honorary members of the big club.

3) Never miss an opportunity to hammer the United Nations, a cease-fire-pushing, mealy-mouthed, wasteful, puny, suspiciously Gallic and conspicuously un-Texan organization with a taste for temporizing with terrorists.

4) Always push freedom and democracy, especially in the Middle East, and even when the newest democracies are being bombed by your ally. As Bush said on May 24, 2005, "See, in my line of work you got to keep repeating things over and over again for the truth to sink in, to kind of catapult the propaganda."

And, as he also noted on March 16, 2005, in defending Middle Eastern democracy: "There's a positive effect when you run for office. Maybe some will run for office and say, I look forward to blowing up America. I don't know, I don't know if that will be their platform or not. But it's - I don't think so. I think people who generally run for office say, vote for me, I'm looking forward to fixing your potholes."

5) When forced to travel, head home as fast as possible. It's weird out there in the world. A lot of people don't drink Diet Coke.

6) The best way to come across as a regular West Texan guy and not the blue-blooded scion of a wealthy dynasty is to keep the vernacular flowing: "Yo" and "Yeah" and "Yeah, yeah" and - woah! - you win elections time after time. Real men talk simple and talk with their mouths full.

7) Never express skepticism, doubt, nuance, ambivalence or uncertainty. None of these concessions to the complexity of the world wins elections. Winning is about remembering it's us against them. Politics is war by other means. Or rather: politics is war, at times by other means.

8) Deciders don't waste words. Nor do they shy away from an instant shoulder rub for the German chancellor, Angela Merkel, when she turns her back. German newspapers may misconstrue this instinctive gesture as a "love attack"; they just don't get direct communication. Deciders make up what few words they use on the spot, without the preparation favored by East Coast eggheads, Europeans, liberals and the like for their tedious public comments.

9) Reward fealty, punish insubordination, remember terrorists are totalitarians.

10) A politician whose intelligence is underestimated is more effective, and more dangerous, than a politician whose intelligence is respected.

11) Never stray from the war on terror as paradigm. Once you've piled them all into a single sack - Al Qaeda, Hamas, Hezbollah, much of the Iraqi insurgency, Chechen insurrectionists and the like - and stuck a "terrorists" label on it, you've simplified the world. Once you have war without end, you've solved the problem of the end of the Cold War, which left America without an enemy.

Sure, a price is paid, but as Bush said last year: "Well, we've made the decision to defeat the terrorists abroad so we don't have to face them here at home. And you engage terrorists abroad, it causes activity and action."

12) Action will mask a host of errors, at least for a while. Keep moving.

13) Always shore up the conservative base. An embryo sitting in a laboratory is not a spare part for stem cell research; it's a "a unique human life with inherent dignity." God speaks through such convictions, which is comforting.

14) Keep people on their toes with bamboozling statements like this one last year on the Iraqi response to America's presence: "I think we are welcomed. But it was not a peaceful welcome." Or, when sitting in Russia with world leaders: "Got something to do tonight. Go to the airport, get on the airplane and go home."

15) Swagger trumps curiosity, which only invites doubt.

16) Be nice to Tony Blair, even if he uses expressions like "thingy" and "as it were." The Great Britons have quirks.

17) Israel is always right, or about right, or near enough right, or at least more right than its enemies.

18) West Texas is a flat, hot, good place to grow up and get values.

19) Darwin is dubious.

20) Deciders are decisive, and may history - which goes on for a very long time, and long after any of us are around anyway, by which point this particular decider won't be in a position to care - be the judge.

Some of the above is pure editorial musing, but as I watched the video this morning I remembered where I had seen such signs of decline and that 'all or nothing, my way or the highway, with me or against me' approach towards life--- the patients at the alcohol treatment center around the corner from my work show the same signs of decline and act out the same way.

It always appears to me that they are carefully balancing their way, bicyclists of life, continually surprised that they are still upright, always moving, always trying to find the simplest solution to the most complex problems.

Has the alcohol finally caught up with George? I'm asking this question not as a political snipe, but as something that ought to concern us all.

In his final days in office Ronald Reagan's mind began to fail him and the likes of Poindexter and Oliver North took advantage of his less then sharpened state to get him to approve allowing terrorists to trade weapons for hostages. In his later testimony, Reagan said he didn't recall much of the circumstances and seemed surprised when confronted with his signed Presidential Findings.

The world, if anything, is an even more dangerous and complex place than it was then and we have leading us a man who seemingly every day does something or says something that indicates mental decline. What does that mean for the USA and the world?

Joe Nation
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 2,535 • Replies: 42
No top replies

gungasnake

Reply Sun 23 Jul, 2006 05:29 am
George Bush is totally rational, as is his policy in Iraq. Saddam Hussein's regime was provably connected with the 9-11 conspiracy and provably the source of the anthrax attacks which followed 9-11.

Our last de-moker-rat president on the other hand, Slick KKKlintler, clearly had major kinds of psychiatric issues and the de-moker-rat party knew this not later than the middle of 93. They were absolutely obligated to pack Slick off to St. Elizabeth's hospital for the criminally insane or some similar place, and hand the whitehouse over to Al Gore, as opposed to what they actually did, which was to go to the wall to keep Slick in the whitehouse for eight years, to the manifest harm of the nation.

http://reason.com/9411/fe.efron.9411.shtml
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 23 Jul, 2006 05:37 am
The "Love attack ny Bush on Merkel" might have an inappropriate and unrequested back rub - but I still remember from my days as an "active alcoholic" [25 years ago] that such was quite common ...

http://i5.tinypic.com/20roivt.jpg

>Video<

Not implying anything here.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Sun 23 Jul, 2006 05:59 am
Quote:
George Bush is totally rational, as is his policy in Iraq.

Nothing odd about this response.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sun 23 Jul, 2006 06:39 am
Quote:
Nothing odd about this response.

Especially in the land that lies through the looking glass.
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Sun 23 Jul, 2006 06:48 am
bm
0 Replies

freedom4free

Reply Sun 23 Jul, 2006 06:59 am
George W. Bush, was born a returd, the reason for him being hyperactive and sharp during his younger days is due to sniffing too much crack, now hes probably gone off that stuff, he's back being his good old self again ( a retard).

There's nothing unusual about his behavior.

http://www.sonofbush.com/hypocrisy.gif
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sun 23 Jul, 2006 07:10 am
See:

http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=7985&start=0
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Sun 23 Jul, 2006 07:11 am
no clear idea exists about how much drinking and other excesses bush indulged in, but if the use was moderate to heavy it's reasonable to assume some damage to cognitive regions of the brain, age and stress are likely to make scenes like we see, more noticable and frequent

dj(i'm not a qualified doctor, but i dispense advice on the internet)jd62
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Sun 23 Jul, 2006 08:00 am
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sun 23 Jul, 2006 08:15 am
That video is mighty disturbing. I can come to a few hypotheses, which may or may not be correct.

He is out of his league. As a governor he felt confident, but he is just not intellectually equal to the task of the presidency. His insecurity is reflected in the hesitancy which has been observed in his speeches.

He IS a "dry drunk" and/or is suffering with the beginnings of some form of dementia.

He is getting older, and is under a lot of stress. He knows that right now, he is between a rock and a hard place in terms of his popularity, and that knowledge is showing up in his public appearances. He is very concerned about his "legacy".

Bottom line, it ain't good for the country, no matter what the reason.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sun 23 Jul, 2006 08:38 am
We have two dicks occupying the white house and therefore the country is being double penetrated.

It's a wonder any of us can walk.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Sun 23 Jul, 2006 08:40 am
Stop with the romantic imagery. I'm gettin misty.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 23 Jul, 2006 08:43 am
I've never considered him otherwise, from pre governor days.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Sun 23 Jul, 2006 09:15 am
Phoenix32890 wrote:

He is out of his league. As a governor he felt confident, but he is just not intellectually equal to the task of the presidency.

Nonetheless, he's beaten two of YOUR genius candidates, hasn't he?

Kind of like the bumper sticker you see occasionally which says:

Quote:

I might be slow, but I'm ahead of YOU....
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sun 23 Jul, 2006 09:16 am
gungasnake wrote:
Phoenix32890 wrote:

He is out of his league. As a governor he felt confident, but he is just not intellectually equal to the task of the presidency.

Nonetheless, he's beaten two of YOUR genius candidates, hasn't he?

Kind of like the bumper sticker you see occasionally which says:

Quote:

I might be slow, but I'm ahead of YOU....

proving that idiot lemming like followers make up a majority of the population.... (like we needed more proof of that)
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Sun 23 Jul, 2006 09:18 am
I mean, the ONLY way the rats could top the gigolo/shyster ticket they ran in 04 would be an Arnold/Iscariat ticket, wouldn't it?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benedict_Arnold

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Judas_Iscariot
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Sun 23 Jul, 2006 09:20 am
Shoulda mentioned, being DEAD clearly doesn't prevent anybody from VOTING for demokkkrats, but in order to RUN AS a demokkkrat, you sorta gotta be alive.... At least until now.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Sun 23 Jul, 2006 09:21 am
It could explain a lot of things.

And thank you, letty, for the flashback.

I hadn't seen that article before now. Weren't the reactions to it in 2003 interesting? Fishin' wouldn't be able to make his --don't know how or when decisions were made and even if Bush actually made any of them argument-- since we now know that George is the decider, even deciding which justice department lawyers could or could not get security clearances in the investigation of the NSA's fishin' Smile expedition into our correspondence and banking records.

Does anyone think the bike riding, abs obsession and general manic exercise routines of this President are connected to trying to get more oxygen to his brain?

Joe(he reminds me of several dry drunks in my past)Nation
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sun 23 Jul, 2006 09:23 am
all the air in the world won't pump up a blown out tire.....
0 Replies