Pamphlet with your Pasta?

farmerman

Reply Mon 26 May, 2003 01:00 pm
Phoenix mentioned the bills being considered in some state legislatures to provide this information. In MAine , there is already a nutrition rule concerning the full cooking of eggs till they are hardened yolks is one that reaqlly pisses me off. Im one who enjoys a nice "sunny side up" pair of eggs to dip some nice hot buttered toast into. Maine, in its unending care of my health, makes me eat fried eggs that even an Englishman would find overdone. Stop caring for us so goddam much. It doesnt really make a big bump on the statistics whether there are a few cases of Salmonella each year.
A few states are also considering the ban on serving raw clams and oysters at restaurants. Why not sushi for Chrissakes.
Now you got me all worked up.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 26 May, 2003 01:02 pm
I'm so disappointed, i'll never be able to eat breakfast out in Maine again . . . oh well, I cooked breakfast for Lovey and Marley-Francis last time i was there, so i guess i'll hafta keep on doin' that . . .
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 26 May, 2003 01:25 pm
Setanta wrote:
Yeah, i know what ya mean, Boss . . . i get real upset if there ain't enough animal fat in my meal . . .

Laughing
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 26 May, 2003 01:26 pm
I've seen menus that advise against serving raw or undercooked meat and animal products, but refusing to cook to your specs? That's a bit too far.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Mon 26 May, 2003 01:51 pm
LittleK: You should come with L and I when we are on one of our cheeseburger safaris. Ordering at one 8th Ave restaurant, (where the menu said "medium rare = slightly pink in the middle) I had to send my burger back twice. The first time, it arrived so well done they must have started my order the day before we got there, on the second time I cut the burger in half when it arrived. The waitress, (god love her, she was on our side) took one look ---well done--- and headed back to the kitchen. The CHEF came out and explained that they were going by time and temperature and to be safe the meat had to be cooked to that grayish color.
Uh huh, I said.
We left, (and handed a tenner to the waitress on our way out.) went two doors down the CHELSEA and enjoyed two cheeseburgers that were juicy pink in the middle with a slice each of tomato and bermuda onion. Other great burgers in NYC the Old Town Bar and EJ's luncheonette (West Side).

Diners should always be able to order the food as they want it. The Sally character in When Harry met Sally wasn't being picky. She was, as we all should, asking for what she wanted.

joe
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 26 May, 2003 02:47 pm
No thanks, I'm not a burger eater.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 26 May, 2003 03:14 pm
Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm . . .

Cheeseburger . . .
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Mon 26 May, 2003 03:22 pm
As far as runny eggs and rare burgers are concerned, I think that a notice on the menu of the possible dangers, is certainly enough. Beyond that, IMO, it should be caveat emptor!

Next thing we know the police will be checking the potato salad in our picnic coolers to see if it hasn't turned.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 26 May, 2003 03:28 pm
Likely, they'll check the doughnuts first . . .
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Mon 26 May, 2003 04:19 pm
Set, the beauty of how I have my business organized is that every menu is custom-designed with the client. You can request anything you want, and I will make it better than you remember...that is my humble goal.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 26 May, 2003 05:59 pm
More information? I already have a hard enough time finding things to eat in restaurants (unless they're chinese or thai). If i have to read about stuff, forget about it, i won't decide for hours.
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Thu 29 May, 2003 01:38 pm
Last night I went to Friendlies with my girlfriend and I had the Cajun Burger with Fries. It came with a free Sundae.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Thu 29 May, 2003 01:45 pm
Cool, you went on a Wednesday and got a free Sunday....if only life were like that every week Very Happy
0 Replies