surfing again

possopo

Reply Sat 22 Jul, 2006 09:47 am
"And it ended up being like the best session (surfing session) of my whole trip. I mean, it was like a full on, like these moments you give your little buddy a hug, we were just standing in perfect barrels and pumping through this sand, it was all sand, so this is like you know, bring it on."

*what is a full on? like the perfect session, like bliss?

*then, why are they talking about sand when they're surfing on water? i may have heard it wrong, i don't know.

*and what about bring it on: are they simply fighting against the sand? so, the session mustn't be that great. i'm lost now.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 567 • Replies: 2
No top replies

sozobe

Reply Sat 22 Jul, 2006 09:56 am
"full on" is a sentence fragment. This guy is not speaking very coherently; he begins to go one direction with his sentence and then abruptly swerves in another direction.

I'll add some punctuation to see if it helps.

Quote:
And it ended up being, like, the best session of my whole trip. I mean, it was, like, a full on.... Like these moments you give your little buddy a hug.... We were just standing in perfect barrels and pumping through this sand, it was all sand, so this is like, you know, 'bring it on'."

The "like"s are pretty much meaningless, above, just a verbal tic.

He's basically saying that there were huge waves that were churning up sand and were great for surfing and he and his friend had a fantastic time.
0 Replies

possopo

Reply Sat 22 Jul, 2006 10:04 am
i see it now. the waves are powerful enough to churn some sand.

great help, thanks!
0 Replies