sickways

possopo

Reply Sat 22 Jul, 2006 09:37 am
does that word exist? (and not sick ways as in he has sick ways, i know what that means).

like in :"it was just us three real huggy out there, screaming for each other, just like this is unbelievable and we're all getting sickways"

if so, does it mean that the three buddies were getting madly happy because of the situation (they're having an exquisite surfing session)?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 515 • Replies: 2
No top replies

Shapeless

Reply Sat 22 Jul, 2006 12:04 pm
It might be surfing jargon, but as far as I know it doesn't exist outside of the world of surfing. I have no idea what it might mean in this sentence, but your explanation sounds plausible.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Thu 27 Jul, 2006 10:43 am
Re: sickways
possopo wrote:
does that word exist? (and not sick ways as in he has sick ways, i know what that means).

like in :"it was just us three real huggy out there, screaming for each other, just like this is unbelievable and we're all getting sickways"

if so, does it mean that the three buddies were getting madly happy because of the situation (they're having an exquisite surfing session)?

Tho' I can't be sure, I think it may have been more like this, Possopo.

like in :"it was just us three real [huggy] buddies out there, screaming for each other, just like this is unbelievable and we're all getting [sickways] sick waves."

Quote:

http://www.surfing-waves.com/surf_talk.htm#S

Sick
A term used to describe when someone does something impressive. e.g. "that was a sick air" - not just because you have swallowed too much sea water.

'sick' used in this positive fashion is certainly not limited to the surfing scene.
0 Replies