Why Muslims hate the US: The real reason

Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 20 Jul, 2006 12:09 pm
You forgot the 'many rich people become much, much richer' step. We loves our oil here in the US.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Thu 20 Jul, 2006 12:10 pm
Cycloptichorn wrote:
You forgot the 'many rich people become much, much richer' step. We loves our oil here in the US.

Cycloptichorn

Yeah, hard work and good investments will do that.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 20 Jul, 2006 12:14 pm
Sure, I'm not blaming them for doing so. But to say that oil is 'just another commodity' belies its true nature as a primary source of funding for many of the richest families in America, a driver of our economy, and a powerful political force.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Thu 20 Jul, 2006 12:24 pm
Cycloptichorn wrote:
Sure, I'm not blaming them for doing so. But to say that oil is 'just another commodity' belies its true nature as a primary source of funding for many of the richest families in America, a driver of our economy, and a powerful political force.

Cycloptichorn

Sure, like the Vanderbilts and Rockefella who started with rail raods and the Fords with cars and so on and so on.

If the leaders of those nations who produce the oil, starve and brainwash their people, it is very easy for so called terrorists to also minipulate the poor to hate America.

The real terrorists are the long term leaders of the Muslim nations who support the local "terrorists".

It's a little bit different here in America since our election system keeps the "scumbags" in office for only so long. Yet, they all belong to the same "country club".
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 20 Jul, 2006 12:29 pm
You're right. But, even though we know that these guys are scumbags, even though we know they are screwing their populace left and right, we still do business with them. Because we need the oil, badly, and would rather have a stable setup that screws over people in the middle east than an unstable setup that treats people fairly.

This of course does add to resentment of America, and with good reason; we know for a fact that we prop up regimes which are immoral, just to keep our way of life going. We shouldn't do this, but the consequences of changing our behavior would be disastrous for those who are super-rich off of oil, who donate money to politicians, etc... and so we just keep chugging along as if nothing is wrong. It's sickening, really...

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Thu 20 Jul, 2006 12:33 pm
Cycloptichorn wrote:
You're right. But, even though we know that these guys are scumbags, even though we know they are screwing their populace left and right, we still do business with them. Because we need the oil, badly, and would rather have a stable setup that screws over people in the middle east than an unstable setup that treats people fairly.

This of course does add to resentment of America, and with good reason; we know for a fact that we prop up regimes which are immoral, just to keep our way of life going. We shouldn't do this, but the consequences of changing our behavior would be disastrous for those who are super-rich off of oil, who donate money to politicians, etc... and so we just keep chugging along as if nothing is wrong. It's sickening, really...

Cycloptichorn

I don't think the super-rich would really suffer so much as the middel class and lower classes of America would. Do you? I have already parked one vehicle for emergency use only due to gas prices.

I can think of no examples of a country with a "unstable setup that treats people fairly."
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Thu 20 Jul, 2006 12:48 pm
Cycloptichorn wrote:

Cycloptichorn

The difference in America, (and we will see this next election), is when the "scumbags" cross the line, we are in a position to fire them every 4/6 years or so.

The problem in the ME is they do not let their people "fire them" every 4 years or so. What has to happen is that America and Europe has to "fire" these scumbags in the ME, starting with the Saudis next or right after Iran.
0 Replies

slkshock7

Reply Thu 20 Jul, 2006 05:23 pm
The original post quoted an article that basically blamed Muslim perceptions of American cultural depravity as the impetus behind all the violent animosity. And I have to agree.....I don't think oil has anything to do with it.

I occassionally feel a pang of envy for Bill Gates' obscene wealth, but I certainly don't begin murdering Washingtonians because of it. I expect its only the liberal left that "feels their pain" and sees forcible redistribution of (thru taxation or violence) wealth as a solution to world peace.

Like the rest of us, the poor of the ME struggle thru life, but I contend generally accept their state in life. They take comfort in the Muslim religion and the promise of a carefree existence after death.

On the other hand, even the poor feel strongly for the future of their children. When American TV brings images of promiscuity, violence, and other cultural depravity, they fear for the spiritual lives of their children. To them, life here is tough but temporary and can be tolerated. Falling away from your religion, however, leads to eternal damnation and consequently is a much more frightening prospect. A prospect for which they are much more willing to die, in order to prevent.
0 Replies