Greetings to my fellow historians

Reply Wed 19 Jul, 2006 12:15 pm
I just wanted to say hello to my fellow historians Smile .

I have just joined this site, primarily to involve myself in the history forum but I intend on participating in the other areas of this site too. This is such a massive forum!

My interests are primarily in all of aspects of the Medieval period, battle re-enactment and folklore. I also know a bit about 20th century European history and a bit of ancient history.

Anyways, I thought it would be polite to introduce myself before jumping in and replying to threads. Hope to get to know some of you soon.

All the best, Boadicea
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 547 • Replies: 9
No top replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 19 Jul, 2006 12:41 pm
Welcome to A2K, Boadecia!
0 Replies

Asherman

Reply Wed 19 Jul, 2006 12:48 pm
Welcome to A2K. I think you will find this a comfortable site with many interesting, knowledgable people.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Wed 19 Jul, 2006 12:49 pm
Asherman wrote:
Welcome to A2K. I think you will find this a comfortable site with many interesting, knowledgable people.

I am not doubt not one of the knowledgable, for I am a liberal.
0 Replies

Shapeless

Reply Wed 19 Jul, 2006 01:12 pm
Welcome aboard. My interests tend toward 19th and 20th century European history, so I am looking forward to your threads.
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Thu 20 Jul, 2006 04:08 pm
Hi, I was trained as a Celticist and consider myself a Medievalist although 19th C America is my second field.
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Wed 26 Jul, 2006 09:55 am
While I have everyone's attention: does anyone know whether or not the fomer name for Mount Ste. Michel was Mount Belenos?
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Wed 26 Jul, 2006 10:43 am
Hi, Boadicea. I'm a political scientist by training, but am focusing on a role of historical memory in politics, and particularly in perpetuation of ethnic conflict. Thus I have to dabble in history quite a bit. And psychology, anthropology, literature, film, popular culture... A wee bit of everything.

Welcome to A2K!
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 26 Jul, 2006 11:01 am
plainoldme wrote:
While I have everyone's attention: does anyone know whether or not the fomer name for Mount Ste. Michel was Mount Belenos?

St. Michael's Mount in Cornwall - perhaps* - but not the one in France (that island was known as 'Mount Tombe' before.

Quote:
"The inhabitants of that part of Britain which is called Belerion [that is to say Land's End]," Diodorus says, "are very fond of strangers and from their intercourse with foreign merchants are civilised in their manner of life. ... ..."

source
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Wed 26 Jul, 2006 03:57 pm
Walter -- Markale in his book on Chartres does mention Mount Tombe. He wasn't speaking of Mount Ste. Michel's double off the coast of Cornwall, but the French site.
0 Replies