Using tampons

Reply Wed 19 Jul, 2006 08:43 am
O.K this is embarrasing but what the hell.I find it really easy to use tampons.I find them easy to insert and remove but one thing is bothering me.Whan I use the loo I have to remove the tampon first regardless of how used it is as the string always gets urine on.I know of many women who keep the tampon in for up to 8 hours and was wondering how do they keep the tampon hygenic?Do you use tampons for over 3 hours and how?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 695 • Replies: 4
No top replies

Chai

Reply Wed 19 Jul, 2006 08:45 am
move the string out of the way dear.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Wed 19 Jul, 2006 08:58 am
Haven't bought a tampon in 15 years:

www.divacup.com
www.thekeeper.com

We wimmins had a big debate on this a year or so back so I won't get into now, but even my 16 year old niece uses them without a problem. You won't make Johnson & Johnson Protor & Gamble et al rich or hurt the environment with the above products.
0 Replies

prettyrussian

Reply Wed 19 Jul, 2006 11:06 am
You can move the string out of the way but it is still attached to the tampon and the top of the string still gets urine on it.It is not true that if you move it away it is hygenic.Those other products are very interesting much cheaper too so thanks for that info.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Wed 19 Jul, 2006 04:17 pm
you must not be Dr. prettyrussian here today.

#1....urine is sterile as it leaves the body.

#2.....Your vagina and urethra are obviously two separate parts, and if you give it any practice at all you will be able to hold the string out of the way so it is not in the path of the urine coming out of the urethra.

As far as what greenwitch proposes...it's not my personal choice because one is not always in a situation where you can throughly wash your hands before inserting or take it out.

If you are comfortable with putting a cup inside yourself, you would also be comfortable in knowing how to not pee on yourself.

Again, personal choice.
0 Replies