about windsurfing again

possopo

Reply Mon 17 Jul, 2006 11:17 am
"You sit there, you psyche yourself out all day cause everybody's ripping like oh, I can't do that or you know Im not solid, consistent. And then before the heat Tristan was saying it's an hour long heat, and I was like ah, my advantage is if it's a little shorter I can kind of skizzle and get lots of waves. But this time I eh went out and I just decided I was just gonna try and enjoy myself and have a fun time and sail like a sailor who'll keep at my home break and just go off and just free sail, don't worry about everybody else. And every time somebody would get a wave Id look up and Id look away because it didn't matter, I was just out there to have fun."

i'm trying to translate quite roughly there:
i was sitting and ??? (psyche out) all day looking at people doing well on the ocean. i said to myself, i'm not good enough for this". and then, tristan said the run was to last one hour. i was thinking "if it was a little shorter, i could do something, ???(skizzle) and get many waves. but i just started my run, decided to have fun on the waves ans sail like ???(home break), try not worry about anyone. everytime a sailor would get a wave, i would try not to look and not to think about it because it's all me and i'm only here for fun.

tell me when i'm wrong.

as you can see, i have no idea what "psyche out", "skizzle" (misspelled probably) and "keep my home break" mean.

any help would be extremely appreciated:)
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 551 • Replies: 1
No top replies

Shapeless

Reply Mon 17 Jul, 2006 01:08 pm
What you've summarized looks pretty good.

I have no idea what "skizzle" or "home break" mean, but "to psyche oneself out" is a slang term meaning "to doubt oneself" or "to let one's doubts take control," more or less. So you were correct when you wrote: "i said to myself, i'm not good enough for this."
0 Replies