Odd human behaviour?

Reply Sun 16 Jul, 2006 10:06 pm
Not for any advice but wanted to share this odd behaviour of mine.

Friday evening I came back home with a bad cold, body ache, a little tummy upset and mild fever. So of course, I was not feeling all that well. My husband called who did not know about any of these, saying he would be late to home because he wanted to go to the bar with the guys at work. I said Ok and mentioned I was not all that well. He asked me if I would want him home instead. I said no and asked him to carry on saying all I needed was sleep. Me and my son finished dinner right after I got off the phone and I headed to bed. I was so uncomfortable I could not get any sleep either. So all the time I was lying there thinking hubby having a good time while I am suffering here at home. I was a bit resentful that he was not home with me, suffering with me. He is the kind that if I am sick, he wants to be at home with me. It was me who said OK.

crazy woman!!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 544 • Replies: 9
No top replies

Noddy24

Reply Mon 17 Jul, 2006 04:53 am
I'd guess that you either had a mother who tended you lovingly when you were sick--or that you wished you had that sort of mother.
0 Replies

sakhi

Reply Mon 17 Jul, 2006 05:09 am
I guess you secretly, subconsciously wanted him to say "nothing doing" and come back home to you. I do things like what you mentioned...I have a feeling this may be more common among us Indian women..Not sure.

hope you are better now, LMF Smile
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Mon 17 Jul, 2006 09:33 am
Well, I had a doting mother who was even more doting when I was sick,
so I probably never would have said "Yes honey, just have a good time
with your buddies" in the first place. Laughing

LMF, aren't you pregnant? Being sick, pregnant and having a small child
to attend to is no laughing matter, and your husband should have come
home despite you telling him not too.

It's not the things you say, it's the little things that are done without saying
that count.

I also hope you feel better and are up and running again, LMF.
0 Replies

LoveMyFamily

Reply Tue 18 Jul, 2006 07:00 am
Yes, I am doing much better now sakhi. Thanks.

CJ.. you have a good memory. Yes I am pregnant. So, I think I can blame it on all the hormones Wink. Most of the other times I behave like a grown up ( at least I think). I'd rather he enjoys than be home with me when all I want is sleep. That's just me. He'd want to be home when I am sick though.

Hubby though is so much like you CJ. If he is sick, he wants me home. Not that he had a doting mother. In fact quite the contrary. But like Noddy said, he always wished for one. So may be he feels he should be home whenever I am sick too.

Interesting observation.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Tue 18 Jul, 2006 07:10 am
Well, I guess what you learned from this is that if you want him to be home when you're sick, you need to not expect him to be a mind reader.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Tue 18 Jul, 2006 07:12 am
Yep. It's a lesson learned. Say what you mean and mean what you say.
0 Replies

LoveMyFamily

Reply Tue 18 Jul, 2006 07:39 am
Chai and eoe.. you got it wrong. I wanted to get some sleep, so wanted him to carry on with the guys. I was all ok until I went to bed and could not get any sleep. I was resentful thinking he was having a good time. But at no time I wanted him to leave all that and come back home to me.

That is what striked me as odd. I wanted him to carry on with his plans but still I was resentful that he was enjoying.

May be should have worded my post a little better Smile
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Tue 18 Jul, 2006 08:35 am
Ralph Waldo Emerson: Consistancy is the hobgoblin of small minds.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Tue 18 Jul, 2006 08:44 am
I think everyone has had that happen to them....you feel crappy and feel resentful that someone else is well and having fun.

It's not really a big deal, it's just part of having to lie in bed feeling bad and a little bit sorry for themselves.

It's just human nature.
0 Replies