ISRAEL - IRAN - SYRIA - HAMAS - HEZBOLLAH - WWWIII?

BernardR

Reply Sat 19 Aug, 2006 01:08 pm
Foxfyre, as usual, goes to the heart of the matter--

\Perhaps the heart of the matter. The Security Council has outlawed the continued presence of armed Hezbollah in Southern Lebanon. The resolution makes no reference to the continued existence of Hizbollah as a political-religious movement. It has further forbidden Iran and Syria, though not mentioned by name, from arming and training Hezbollah.

end of quote.

But UN resolutions, without the will and the force to back them up mean nothing to the murderous Islamo-fascists, who are, it must be remembered, acting almost entirely on RELIGIOUS FANATICISM.

And in the meanwhile, the always cowardly slippery not to be trusted, French are already defaulting on their promises to send troops.

Sometimes, I wish Adolf Hitler would have wiped those spineless supercilious idiots off the map!!!
0 Replies

okie

Reply Sat 19 Aug, 2006 01:11 pm
Bernard, the resolution is not worth the paper its written on. Everybody knows it. Why even analyze it or talk about it. What happened to the last one. Nothing of course. All is forgotten. The whole mess is an absolute embarrrassment. The U.N. is toothless, spineless, and useless.
0 Replies

freedom4free

Reply Sat 19 Aug, 2006 01:20 pm
BernardR wrote:
Foxfyre, as usual, goes to the heart of the matter--

\Perhaps the heart of the matter. The Security Council has outlawed the continued presence of armed Hezbollah in Southern Lebanon. The resolution makes no reference to the continued existence of Hizbollah as a political-religious movement. It has further forbidden Iran and Syria, though not mentioned by name, from arming and training Hezbollah.

end of quote.

But UN resolutions, without the will and the force to back them up mean nothing to the murderous Islamo-fascists, who are, it must be remembered, acting almost entirely on RELIGIOUS FANATICISM.

And in the meanwhile, the always cowardly slippery not to be trusted, French are already defaulting on their promises to send troops.

Sometimes, I wish Adolf Hitler would have wiped those spineless supercilious idiots off the map!!!

Wow! dude, you are totally frightened by terrorists, do you ever get any sleep, do you sweat at lot at nights ? do you have nightmares about terrorists ? Laughing

Betcha you come from a sh!t scared-spineless-cowardly family line.
I can tell from your posts.

Just wanted to ask you if this person was related to you in anyway( wife/sister/granma..etc etc ?

FBI: Woman Urinated On Floor In Logan Plane Scare

Laughing
0 Replies

BernardR

Reply Sat 19 Aug, 2006 01:22 pm
You are correct, Okie. And I await the fall of the Olmert government with a new PM( Nethanyahu?) who will really unleash a massive ground offensive to go all the way up to Beirut if the Islamo-fascist Hezbollah continue to fire rockets into Israeli territory!
0 Replies

old europe

Reply Sat 19 Aug, 2006 01:27 pm
okie wrote:
Bernard, the resolution is not worth the paper its written on. Everybody knows it. Why even analyze it or talk about it. What happened to the last one. Nothing of course. All is forgotten. The whole mess is an absolute embarrrassment. The U.N. is toothless, spineless, and useless.

It would seem that the result of "the last one", resolution 1697, was the current resolution, which has produced a ceasefire. Here's the full text of the last resolution:

Quote:
Resolution 1697 (2006)

Adopted by the Security Council at its 5501st meeting, on
31 July 2006
The Security Council,

Recalling all its previous resolutions on Lebanon, including resolutions 425 (1978) and 426 (1978) of 19 March 1978 and 1655 (2006) of 31 January 2006 as well as the statements of its President on the situation in Lebanon, in particular the statement of 18 June 2000 (S/PRST/2000/21),

Expressing deepest concern at the escalation of hostilities in Lebanon and Israel since 12 July 2006,

Taking note of the letter dated 7 July 2006 (S/2006/496) from the Chargé d'affaires a.i. of the Permanent Mission of Lebanon to the United Nations conveying to the Secretary-General the request that the Security Council extend the mandate of UNIFIL for a further period of six months,

Having examined the Secretary-General's report on UNIFIL of 22 July 2006 (S/2006/560), including its observations that, as a result of the continuing hostilities along the Blue Line, UNIFIL has been impeded to carry out its activities effectively, and noting in this context the Secretary-General's recommendation that the mandate of the Force be extended for a period of one month pending consideration of other
options for future arrangements in South Lebanon,

1. Urges all concerned parties to abide scrupulously by their obligation to
    respect the safety of UNIFIL and other United Nations personnel, and avoid any course of action which might endanger United Nations personnel, and calls on them to allow the Force to resupply its positions, conduct search and rescue operations on behalf of its personnel and undertake any other measures the Force deems necessary
    to ensure the safety of its personnel;
  2. Decides to extend the mandate of UNIFIL until 31 August 2006;
  3. Decides to remain actively seized of the matter.
0 Replies

old europe

Reply Sat 19 Aug, 2006 01:46 pm
Of course, with the deliberate bombing of the UN post, Israel violated the last UN resolution. Specifically this bit here:

Quote:
Urges all concerned parties to abide scrupulously by their obligation to respect the safety of UNIFIL and other United Nations personnel, and avoid any course of action which might endanger United Nations personnel

here:

Quote:
Israeli bomb kills UN observers

Four United Nations observers have been killed in an Israeli air strike on an observation post in south Lebanon.

UN Secretary General Kofi Annan said he was "shocked" at the "apparently deliberate targeting" of the post. Israel has expressed "deep regret".

This in spite of the fact that a UN liaising officer had warned Israel on at least six separate occasions that they were targeting United Nations observers. According to UN military personnel the UNIFIL post was hit by a "precision-guided weapon" on July 26.
0 Replies

BernardR

Reply Sat 19 Aug, 2006 01:50 pm
When the Israelis invade Lebanon again, Old Europe, because the spineless French and the toothless UN have again refused to discharge their responsiblities of sending a large force of troops to patrol the area up to the river from which Hezbollah has been firing rockets, I will be sure to inform you.

And the next time, Israel will go all the way to Beirut!!!
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 19 Aug, 2006 01:53 pm
BernardR wrote:
When the Israelis invade Lebanon again, Old Europe, because the spineless French and the toothless UN have again refused to discharge their responsiblities of sending a large force of troops to patrol the area up to the river from which Hezbollah has been firing rockets, I will be sure to inform you.

And the next time, Israel will go all the way to Beirut!!!

Remarkable that you place France on the same level as the UN (France is a member of the UN as is the USA - both are even in the Security Council, and both worked out the latest resolution).
0 Replies

old europe

Reply Sat 19 Aug, 2006 01:56 pm
BernardR wrote:
the spineless French and the toothless UN have again refused to discharge their responsiblities of sending a large force of troops to patrol the area

Where do you get this from? Why do you think "the French" have the responsiblity of sending a large force of troops? Do you know what the UNIFIL mandate states?

And if the fact that Hezbollah has been able to get katyushas into Lebanon and fire them at Israel, killing dozens of people, makes the French "spineless" and the UN "toothless", what does the situation in Iraq tell us about the United States of America?
0 Replies

BernardR

Reply Sat 19 Aug, 2006 01:57 pm
You can find a list of the relatives of the innocents who were murdered in the WTC on the Internet somewhere, Freedom4 free. Yes, even though you won't admit it, they were murdered by TERRORISTS. hen they went to work that morning, they WERE NOT frightened by terrorists. And, if you search enough, you can find the backgrounds and careers of the journalists who were captured by the Islamo-Fascist Murderers, decapitated and shown in the Middle East on Video. I don't know if they were frightened by Terrorists.

But I can tell you one thing-freedom4free--if, God forbid, another strike at the US occurs which kills people on our shores, those murderous fanatics will be taken out--across the board!!!

I can tell from the way that you write about "fear" that you have never been in combat!! Why don't you grow up and learn about how it feels to find out that your husband or wife will never return from the WTC?
0 Replies

old europe

Reply Sat 19 Aug, 2006 02:00 pm
Walter Hinteler wrote:
Remarkable that you place France on the same level as the UN (France is a member of the UN as is the USA - both are even in the Security Council, and both worked out the latest resolution).

It's quite interesting that President Bush apparently sees the resolution in a different light than some posters here:

Quote:
Bush Says Lebanon Cease-Fire Lays Base for `Sustainable Peace'

Aug. 19 (Bloomberg) -- President George W. Bush said the cease-fire in Lebanon creates a foundation for peace to take hold in the region and described the conflict as one front in the U.S. war against terrorists bent on spreading their ideology across the Middle East.

``These young democracies are still fragile, and the forces of terror are seeking to stop liberty's advance and steer newly free nations to the path of radicalism,'' Bush said in his weekly radio broadcast. ``The terrorists fear the rise of democracy because they know what it means for the future of their hateful ideology.''

Bush praised U.S. diplomacy in recent weeks for helping to bring ``an end to violence and create a foundation for a sustainable peace'' in Lebanon. The cease-fire that came into force in Lebanon Aug. 14 ended more than four weeks of fighting between Israel and Hezbollah, a Shiite Muslim organization that has been linked to scores of terrorist attacks on Israelis and Americans.

Israeli special forces raided Lebanon late yesterday to prevent arms from being smuggled to Hezbollah fighters from Iran and Syria. Lebanese Prime Minister Fouad Siniora called the operation a ``blatant violation of the agreement on the cessation of hostilities'' and protested to the UN.
0 Replies

BernardR

Reply Sat 19 Aug, 2006 02:11 pm
Old Europe does not know what he is talking about. The cowardly French( those spineless cowards who retreated from the Whermacht when they could have easily smashed it in the Ruhr in 1937) and the Germans will not send troops. They will, however, bitch, bitch, bitch about the Middle East.

Germany: We won't send troops to Lebanon

German Chancellor Angela Merkel says Germany would not send combat troops as part of contemplated international peacekeeping force in Lebanon. Earlier, French President Jacques Chirac announces his country will immediately double to 400 its contingent in UN peacekeeping force
Associated Press

German Chancellor Angela Merkel said Thursday that Germany would not send combat troops as part

of the contemplated international peacekeeping force in Lebanon, but may offer naval forces to help patrol the country's coastline.

Merkel said Germany was looking at "naval security" as part of its effort to support the force, after meeting with parliamentary leaders. Parliament must approve any deployment and the German government has warned it can't make a concrete offer until rules of engagement - or when service personnel can shoot - are clarified.

Earlier Thursday, French President Jacques Chirac announced that France will immediately double to 400 its contingent in the UN peacekeeping force in Lebanon .

Chirac's office made the statement after Chirac's phone conversation with UN Secretary-General Kofi Annan. France currently leads the UNIFIL force in southern Lebanon, and has been closely watched over its role in an enhanced peacekeeping force in the region.

In the conversation, Chirac said France "will immediately double its current contribution by sending 200 men, bringing its contingent to 400," the statement said.

The proposal will be presented at a UN meeting in New York later Thursday designed to flesh out which countries will participate in the
peacekeeping force as it expands from the current 2,000 troops to up to 15,000, Chirac's office said.

Chirac told Annan that France is ready to command the strengthened force, which is expected to work with about 15,000 Lebanese troops to restore peace to southern Lebanon after more than a month of violence between Israeli troops and the Lebanese-based Hizbullah militia.

France also is prepared to keep 1,700 troops mobilized in the region, who in recent weeks have been evacuating French and other foreign nationals from Lebanon and sending in humanitarian aid from warships and other vessels off the Lebanese coast in the Mediterranean.

Repeated demands

Those forces have supported the UN mission during the crisis, Chirac's office noted.

Chirac echoed repeated demands from French officials that the United Nations clarify "the mission, the rules of engagement and the resources" of the boosted UN force.

He also said the choice of contingents should reflect "the commitment of all the international community."

Brunei, Indonesia, Italy, Malaysia, and Turkey are among other countries that said they could commit troops to the expanded UNIFIL.

UN diplomats and officials had said France's reticence in providing the number of troops it would offer held up announcements of commitments from other countries.

Hundreds of people have died in fighting that broke out more than a month ago between Israeli troops and Hizbullah fighters in Lebanon, and hundreds of thousands more were

forced to flee.

Lebanese troops deployed south of the Litani River on Thursday, a key provision of the UN ceasefire plan that ended the fighting. The deployment marks a first step toward extending government control in a Hizbullah stronghold where Lebanese troops have largely kept out of
for four decades.

Officials hope UNIFIL troops can move in quickly to back up the Lebanese troops.

A report in the French daily Le Monde said UN officials believed it would be "devastating" if France gave a small contribution and would discourage other countries from offering sizable contingents.

The French are raising their contingent to 400 troops? Seeing as how one member of Hezbollah can take on 10 cowardly frenchmen, that isn't very much.

0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 19 Aug, 2006 02:17 pm
BernardR wrote:
Germany: We won't send troops to Lebanon

German Chancellor Angela Merkel says Germany would not send combat troops ...

As a former officer in the German navy I assure you, BernardR, that the Bundesmarine belongs to the German armed forces/'troops'.
0 Replies

old europe

Reply Sat 19 Aug, 2006 02:21 pm
BernardR wrote:
Old Europe does not know what he is talking about. The cowardly French( those spineless cowards who retreated from the Whermacht when they could have easily smashed it in the Ruhr in 1937) and the Germans will not send troops.

Aha. That's what you are saying. I really appreciate that you supplied evidence to the contrary immediately:

BernardR wrote:
French President Jacques Chirac announces his country will immediately double to 400 its contingent in UN peacekeeping force

German Chancellor Angela Merkel said Thursday that Germany [...] may offer naval forces to help patrol the country's coastline.

See? You can contradict yourself within one post, with link and everything! That's quite an amazing achievement.
0 Replies

BernardR

Reply Sat 19 Aug, 2006 02:21 pm
I am sure that the Bundesmarine belongs to the German Armed Forces, Mr. Walter Hinteler( by the way, welcome back, we missed you- were you on vacation?) but could you please tell me( I was in the 82nd Airborne and do not know of the vagaries of the naval forces) just how will the Bundesmarine help the Israelis to stop the Hexbollah from firing rockets at them?
0 Replies

old europe

Reply Sat 19 Aug, 2006 02:24 pm
BernardR wrote:
I am sure that the Bundesmarine belongs to the German Armed Forces, Mr. Walter Hinteler( by the way, welcome back, we missed you- were you on vacation?) but could you please tell me( I was in the 82nd Airborne and do not know of the vagaries of the naval forces) just how will the Bundesmarine help the Israelis to stop the Hexbollah from firing rockets at them?

As per your post above:

Quote:
Merkel said Germany was looking at "naval security" as part of its effort to support the force

You obviously didn't read what you posted. Sad.

Bye the bye, who many troops do you think the United States will deploy for the UNIFIL peacekeeping force? 400? 200? 100? None at all?
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 19 Aug, 2006 02:24 pm
BernardR wrote:

I suggest, you read the resolution, the recent newspaers and then ask again.
0 Replies

BernardR

Reply Sat 19 Aug, 2006 02:36 pm
Which recent Newspapers, Mr. Hinteler?
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Sat 19 Aug, 2006 02:59 pm
OE writes
Quote:
Bye the bye, who many troops do you think the United States will deploy for the UNIFIL peacekeeping force? 400? 200? 100? None at all?

I for one think somebody besides the USA should take the lead on this one. If we operate unilaterally we are criticized in the most snotty and condescending ways. And if we work with others, we are criticized in the most snotty and ocndescending ways and are accused of acting unilaterally anyway. So I'm sure the criticism won't be much different if everybody else steps up first for a change.

So how about you guys take the lead on this one and ask us to participate. That would be a nice change of pace for everybody I think.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 19 Aug, 2006 03:04 pm
BernardR wrote:
Which recent Newspapers, Mr. Hinteler?

Page 7 of the Telegraph and page 8 of The Australian (both of August 17) for instance. (I'm sure, you read the equevalent reports in the Chicago Tribune)

http://i7.tinypic.com/2501chf.jpg http://i7.tinypic.com/2501e1e.jpg
0 Replies