ISRAEL - IRAN - SYRIA - HAMAS - HEZBOLLAH - WWWIII?

Brand X

Reply Fri 11 Aug, 2006 12:57 pm
I think Iran is 100% all about self preservation, they didn't even send any SAM's to Hez....they kept them for their own defense.

As long as they have proxies they aren't going to launch anything.
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Fri 11 Aug, 2006 01:03 pm
blatham wrote:
Foxfyre wrote:
I think Newt isn't warmongering at all. And we're dealing with a people who considers it an HONOR to be dead in the name of Allah. You get virgins and such for that HONOR. I'm to the point that thinks we should be honoring these idiots of evil as much as we possibly can.

"A people"? That would include who exactly in your category? Perhaps they are like "the evil Russian peoples"?

What percentage of any Muslim population are of this ilk? Do you consider the present decision makers in Iran are prepared to sacrifice themselves, their families, their neighborhoods, their leadership, their country in the manner of an individual sacrificing himself/herself?

I think the present decision makers in Iran are prepared to sacrifice any number of men, women, and/or children for their own purposes. So what if we flatten a few of their cities? So long as we are blamed as aggressors, oppressors, and the bullies in world opinion, they win. And they know from long experience that the U.N. and folks like you will make victims of them and will save them from any serious or long reaching threat or damage. Then they wait awhile as they rearm and redraw a strategy, and then do it all over again.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Fri 11 Aug, 2006 01:06 pm
blatham wrote:

Newt doing the warmonger thing again.

A state actor, such as Iran, ain't going to be launching nukes because they will end up dead. So what it is "likely to do" is nothing much.

Chavez is, of course, a democratically elected president, and not a dictator.

You are assuming that Ahmadi-najad is rational; I see no evidence of that.

In fact, what we have here is even worse than having a certified psychopath like Slick KKKlintler in charge of a country with serious military capabilities.

Being a psychopath has never been an excuse for anything in courtrooms precisely because it does not involve any sort of a disconect from reality.

Ahmadi-najad, on the other hand, is plainly divorced from reality, i.e. sees kangaroos and hyenas chasing him when none are present, sees Mohammed flying into heaven on a carpet and returning, and sees himself forcing the world to submit to his a$$hole religion using the threat of nuclear weapons.

A guy like that with nuclear weaponry could do that despite any overwhelming superiority in nuclear weaponry on the part of Israel, England, or the US. He could simply say something like

Quote:

"Hey, either you clowns are gonna submit, or I'm gonna wipe fifteen or twenty of your large cities and you can do whatever you like to me, I don't really care, I'm gonna be up there porking my 72 virgins."
0 Replies

BernardR

Reply Fri 11 Aug, 2006 01:21 pm
It is clear that Mr. Blotham never learned a thing in his Canadian Igloo school. He never learned that the radical Shiites -the leaders in Iran, both political and religious, are fervent believers in the return of the Twelfth Imam. When the apocalpyse comes( here read Nuclear Attack on Israel and possibly an Isreali counter strike) the Twelfth Imam will return and lead the WHOLE WORLD to embrace Islam.

If the Mountie did any reading on Islam, he would know that. The Canadian Mounted Policeman should read up on Bernard Lewis, the USA's foremost authority on Islam---

THOSE WHO DO NOT UNDERSTAND JUST WHAT A GROUP OF MANIACS WE ARE FACING ARE INVITED TO READ THE MATERIAL BELOW:

August 08, 2006
Fortnight to Apocalypse: the Moslem Millennium
Iran Matters
Hatched by Dafydd
Professor Bernard Lewis, who knows more about Islam than any other Westerner (and likely more than virtually any Moslem), paints a chilling portrait of Iranian MAD-ness in today's Wall Street Journal. Alas, it lies behind the iron subscription; but not to worry, Big Lizards shall tell you all you need to know about it. "Never first, always final!"

Professor Lewis contrasts the Soviets, India and Pakistan, and other fairly civilized countries -- nations with every intention of surviving beyond the lifespan of their current leaders -- with the apocalyptic and nihilist worldview of Iran. Against the former, the military concept of "mutual assured destruction," or MAD, actually deterred; the Soviets did not attack us with nukes, because they knew we would respond in kind, and both countries would be utterly annihilated. Thus, the aggressors were stymied in using their most potent weapons.

But Iran has no such fear -- for the Iranian leaders, from Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei through the ruling mullahs down to President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, believe in an imminent Moslem millenarianism: that any day now, the final, momentous struggle between good and evil will culminate in armageddon.

A great battle will ensue, during which the forces of evil (that's us) will drive the faithful back and back. And as they teeter on the brink of oblivion, driven there by us "world devourers," as the late Ayatollah Khomeini called the infidels, that will trigger the return of the Twelfth Imam, the "Hidden Imam" whom Allah has hidden from the world until that moment arrives. This Muhammed al-Mahdi will personally lead the armies of Islam against the faithless (that is, everybody who isn't a Moslem), defeat and destroy them, and the entire world will be one shining Islamic crescent on a hill.

This version of apocalypse is, of course, no more silly than any other form of millenarianism. The difference is that this millennial group has an army, and air force, a missile force, and will soon have nuclear warheads to fulfill their eschatonian fantasies.

Earlier, I said the Iranian leaders believe this could happen "any day now;" but in fact, there is one date in particular that stands out, both because of historical significance within Islam and also because Ahmadinejad himself has made cryptic references to it: August 22nd by our calendar. In his dry, understated, British way, Prof. Lewis explains:

In Islam, as in Judaism and Christianity, there are certain beliefs concerning the cosmic struggle at the end of time -- Gog and Magog, anti-Christ, Armageddon, and for Shiite Muslims, the long awaited return of the Hidden Imam, ending in the final victory of the forces of good over evil, however these may be defined. Mr. Ahmadinejad and his followers clearly believe that this time is now, and that the terminal struggle has already begun and is indeed well advanced. It may even have a date, indicated by several references by the Iranian president to giving his final answer to the U.S. about nuclear development by Aug. 22. This was at first reported as "by the end of August," but Mr. Ahmadinejad's statement was more precise.

What is the significance of Aug. 22? This year, Aug. 22 corresponds, in the Islamic calendar, to the 27th day of the month of Rajab of the year 1427. This, by tradition, is the night when many Muslims commemorate the night flight of the prophet Muhammad on the winged horse Buraq, first to "the farthest mosque," usually identified with Jerusalem, and then to heaven and back (c.f., Koran XVII.1). This might well be deemed an appropriate date for the apocalyptic ending of Israel and if necessary of the world. It is far from certain that Mr. Ahmadinejad plans any such cataclysmic events precisely for Aug. 22. But it would be wise to bear the possibility in mind.

But what does this mean for us? The leaders of Iran (not necessarily the youthful Persian population) see war, not as a horrible event to be avoided, but rather as the natural state of this world: Islam divides the earth into two spheres, the ummah or "Moslemdom" (the abode of peace), and the sphere of the infidel, which is the abode of strife or war.

Nor do they see even catastrophic losses as defeat, for what matters to them is entirely what happens in the next world, not in this one. Back to Lewis:

In this context, mutual assured destruction, the deterrent that worked so well during the Cold War, would have no meaning. At the end of time, there will be general destruction anyway. What will matter will be the final destination of the dead -- hell for the infidels, and heaven for the believers. For people with this mindset, MAD is not a constraint; it is an inducement.
That last sentence contains a variation on the line that Ralph Peters uses in nearly every column, but which appears to have originated with Cal Thomas:

While we argue about the place of God in U.S. society, our enemies are not so conflicted. They believe their god wants us dead. No amount of munitions, money and Marines is going to stay these fanatics from their ordained rounds. To them, death is victory. To us, it is tragedy. They are counting on us not wanting to die. They welcome death as a promotion. They believe we will cut and run if they can spill enough of our blood. We regard our blood as precious. They see theirs as the currency of martyrdom.
August 22nd is but a fortnight away; if the Iranians do not have nuclear weapons today, they will not have them in two weeks, either. But we know they have missiles capable of reaching Israel; and after all, nukes are not the only form that weapons of mass destruction can take.

Will Iran precipitate a conflagration, the final holocaust that will bring back the Hidden Imam and usher in the Moslem Millennium? Since we do not know, we must prepare for the worst: we must be ready with policy in case Iran directly attacks Israel on that date, thus widening a local war into a regional superwar... which could become a hyperwar -- call it the Tenth Crusade -- of Christendom (joined, perhaps, by Atheistan) against the Ummah.

We cannot allow ourselves to be sucker-punched again, as we were on September 11th. This time, we must make it clear that we're well aware of Iran's aspirations, and we're prepared to offer martyrdom to as many jihadis as want it, all to protect our own "abode."
0 Replies

Brand X

Reply Fri 11 Aug, 2006 03:07 pm
Quote:
Nasrallah asks Palestinians of 1948 areas to leave Haifa

AP

Beirut: Hezbollah leader Hassan Nasrallah on Wednesday warned Palestinians of 1948 areas to leave the Israeli port city of Haifa so the group could step up attacks knowing only Jewish blood would be shed.

"I have a special message to the [Palestinians of 1948 areas] of Haifa .... I call you to leave this city. I hope you do this. ... Please leave so we don't shed your blood, which is our blood," he said in a taped television address carried on virtually all major television channels in the region.

In his first comments since the US-French draft UN ceasefire resolution was unveiled on Sunday, the Shiite cleric gave a deeply negative assessment of the plan.

"The least we can describe this [draft resolution] is as unfair and unjust. It has given Israel more than it wanted and more than it was looking for," he said.

He backed the Lebanese government's own peace package and urged Beirut not to buckle under US pressure.

Nasrallah also heaped criticism on Assistant US Secretary of State David Welch for visiting Beirut on Wednesday as Israel's Security Cabinet decided to expand the ground offensive in southern Lebanon.

Welch's visit, he said, was designed "to terrify the government and the Lebanese to pressure them to accept old-new conditions".

In a major shift in the Hezbollah position, Nasrallah said the group was solidly behind a Lebanese government plan to deploy 15,000 soldiers in south Lebanon once a ceasefire is reached and Israel pulls out its forces.

"In the past we used to oppose or not agree on deployment of the army at the borders ... because we were concerned about the army. ... We agree on deployment of the army, but do not hide our fear for it," Nasrallah said.

He also rejected a proposed international peacekeeping force for south Lebanon.

The Hezbollah leader's words were being taken seriously by the Palestinians of 1948 areas in Haifa.

Suha Arraf, a movie maker and a resident of Haifa, said she left Haifa an hour after the last strike there on Sunday.

"All my friends are leaving today, after the speech," she said, now residing in Jerusalem.

"In this war, all what he [Nasrallah] said he carried out. He is credible to the [Palestinians of 1948 areas] as well as the Jews," she said.

Source
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Fri 11 Aug, 2006 04:06 pm
foxfyre wrote
Quote:
I think the present decision makers in Iran are prepared to sacrifice any number of men, women, and/or children for their own purposes. So what if we flatten a few of their cities? So long as we are blamed as aggressors, oppressors, and the bullies in world opinion, they win. And they know from long experience that the U.N. and folks like you will make victims of them and will save them from any serious or long reaching threat or damage. Then they wait awhile as they rearm and redraw a strategy, and then do it all over again.

Nothing like hate to clear the mind of ambiguity and conflict. Zyclon B for the Muslims.
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Fri 11 Aug, 2006 04:14 pm
blatham wrote:
foxfyre wrote
Quote:

Nothing like hate to clear the mind of ambiguity and conflict. Zyclon B for the Muslims.

The mindset of the Islamofacist terrorists goes way beyond hate. It is based on no normal criteria that generates feelings of hate in any of us. It is irrational, unconscionable, indefensible hate. It does not respond to reason or persuasion of any kind. I mean what kind of mind justifies intentionally blowing up a bus purely to kill the moms and young school children on it?

One of those prisoners Hezbollah wants back? I was listening to a commentary yesterday or the day before about who he was. He is accused of murdering an entire family. The last two to go were a mother and young daughter. He forced the daughter to watch as he brutally raped, tortured, and murdered the mother so that would be the last thing the child saw before he smashed the child's skull.

Reason with people like that? I don't think so.
0 Replies

old europe

Reply Fri 11 Aug, 2006 04:19 pm
Exactly. And for simplicity's sake, and in order to save us from seeing complexity where there is none, we should assume that all the people in Hezbollah, Hamas, Fatah, and actually all the people in the governments of Lebanon, Syria, Iran and the Palestinian Authority are people like that.
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Fri 11 Aug, 2006 04:21 pm
old europe wrote:
Exactly. And for simplicity's sake, and in order to save us from seeing complexity where there is none, we should assume that all the people in Hezbollah, Hamas, Fatah, and actually all the people in the governments of Lebanon, Syria, Iran and the Palestinian Authority are people like that.

No we shouldn't assume that. But we should assume that those shielding themselves behind women and children while they attempt to kill women and children are like that.
0 Replies

old europe

Reply Fri 11 Aug, 2006 04:28 pm
Foxfyre wrote:
old europe wrote:

No we shouldn't assume that. But we should assume that those shielding themselves behind women and children while they attempt to kill women and children are like that.

Okay. Then maybe we shouldn't lump them all together, refer to them all as "islamo-fascists" and call for their collective destruction.
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Fri 11 Aug, 2006 04:30 pm
old europe wrote:
Foxfyre wrote:
old europe wrote:

Okay. Then maybe we shouldn't lump them all together, refer to them all as "islamo-fascists" and call for their collective destruction.

"We" don't. But I think "we" should sure call 'islamo-fascist' those that do it and those who have no problem with them doing it, and I think we should lose no sleep over their destruction.
0 Replies

old europe

Reply Fri 11 Aug, 2006 04:43 pm
Foxfyre wrote:
But I think "we" should sure call 'islamo-fascist' those that do it and those who have no problem with them doing it, and I think we should lose no sleep over their destruction.

Call them what you want, I really don't care that much. But I care about distinguishing between those who actually commit these crimes/attacks/atrocities and those who "have no problem with them doing it".
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Fri 11 Aug, 2006 06:58 pm
I guess Islamofascist is the new cliche. Jump. How high?
0 Replies

candidone1

Reply Fri 11 Aug, 2006 07:19 pm
For those not tuned into the propagandization of the term Islamo-Fascist, click here for Set's comments.....
0 Replies

Brand X

Reply Fri 11 Aug, 2006 07:43 pm
It's beginning to sound like with the materializing of this latest resolution also comes a victory for Hez.

More will be known Sunday when more is said to the finality of it, and of course what Israel does on Monday may tell a bigger story.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Fri 11 Aug, 2006 08:18 pm
as gunga said
"I do not hate individual slammites; I hate I-slam. There is absolutely nothing biggoted about hating or despising a false religion."
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Fri 11 Aug, 2006 08:23 pm
Brand X wrote:
It's beginning to sound like with the materializing of this latest resolution also comes a victory for Hez.

More will be known Sunday when more is said to the finality of it, and of course what Israel does on Monday may tell a bigger story.

If the hezbullies accept this thing at all which is hellishly unlikely, figure about a minute and a half for it, kind of like the time between rounds in a prizefight.
0 Replies

BernardR

Reply Sat 12 Aug, 2006 12:00 am
If the Mounted Policeman, Candidone and Old Europe do not know why the FRINGE ELEMENTS IN ISLAM--the FANATICS--the MURDERERS OF THE TYPE THAT CUT MR. PEARL'S HEAD OFF AND PUT IT ON VIDEO-- are called Islamo-Fascists,they are invited to read the following written by Bernard Lewis--the USA' foremost auhority on Islam.

I am sure that they will not read it but it is one of the main reasons why the fringe element--the murderers--those who believe in the coming of the Twelfth Imam and the Apocalpyse that must precede him--are called Islamo-Fascists.
0 Replies

BernardR

Reply Sat 12 Aug, 2006 12:10 am
The Mounted Policeman wrote:

A state actor, such as Iran, ain't going to be launching nukes because they will end up dead. So what it is "likely to do" is nothing much.
end of quote
This is one of the most ignorant phrases ever written on this thread.

It is apparent that Mr.Blotham does not know that the political and religious leaders of Iran BELIEVE in the return of the Twelfth Imam.

Since Mr. Blatham is probably a secularist, he has no idea of the power of belief and how it can motivate people.

I wonder if he was alive in World War II when Japanese pilots volunteered to go to their deaths when flying Kamakaze?

Mr. Blatham does not know that IRAN's leaders do believe in the Twelfth Imam. They do believe that when the Twelfth Imam returns--probably, they think, after some kind of Apocalypse, the world will then be converted to Islam.

Someone should really give Mr. Blatham a copy of the works of the US' leading expert on Islam--Dr, Bernard Lewis!!!

Note below:

In Iran, Arming for Armageddon

By Charles Krauthammer

Friday, December 16, 2005; Page A35

Lest you get carried away with today's good news from Iraq, consider what's happening next door in Iran. The wild pronouncements of the new Iranian president, Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, have gotten sporadic press ever since he called for Israel to be wiped off the map. He subsequently amended himself to say that Israel should simply be extirpated from the Middle East map and moved to some German or Austrian province. Perhaps near the site of an old extermination camp?

Except that there were no such camps, indeed no Holocaust at all, says Ahmadinejad. Nothing but "myth," a "legend" that was "fabricated . . . under the name 'Massacre of the Jews.' " This brought the usual reaction from European and American officials, who, with Churchillian rage and power, called these statements unacceptable. That something serious might accrue to Iran for this -- say, expulsion from the United Nations for violating its most basic principle by advocating the outright eradication of a member state -- is, of course, out of the question.

To be sure, Holocaust denial and calls for Israel's destruction are commonplace in the Middle East. They can be seen every day on Hezbollah TV, in Syrian media, in Egyptian editorials appearing in semiofficial newspapers. But none of these aspiring mass murderers are on the verge of acquiring nuclear weapons that could do in one afternoon what it took Hitler six years to do: destroy an entire Jewish civilization and extinguish 6 million souls.

Everyone knows where Iran's nuclear weapons will be aimed. Everyone knows they will be put on Shahab rockets, which have been modified so that they can reach Israel. And everyone knows that if the button is ever pushed, it will be the end of Israel.

But it gets worse. The president of a country about to go nuclear is a confirmed believer in the coming apocalypse. Like Judaism and Christianity, Shiite Islam has its own version of the messianic return -- the reappearance of the Twelfth Imam. The more devout believers in Iran pray at the Jamkaran mosque, which houses a well from which, some believe, he will emerge.

When Ahmadinejad unexpectedly won the presidential elections, he immediately gave $17 million of government funds to the shrine. Last month Ahmadinejad said publicly that the main mission of the Islamic Revolution is to pave the way for the reappearance of the Twelfth Imam.

And as in some versions of fundamentalist Christianity, the second coming will be accompanied by the usual trials and tribulations, death and destruction. Iranian journalist Hossein Bastani reported Ahmadinejad saying in official meetings that the hidden imam will reappear in two years.

So a Holocaust-denying, virulently anti-Semitic, aspiring genocidist, on the verge of acquiring weapons of the apocalypse, believes that the end is not only near but nearer than the next American presidential election. (Pity the Democrats. They cannot catch a break.) This kind of man would have, to put it gently, less inhibition about starting Armageddon than a normal person. Indeed, with millennial bliss pending, he would have positive incentive to, as they say in Jewish eschatology, hasten the end.

To be sure, there are such madmen among the other monotheisms. The Temple Mount Faithful in Israel would like the al-Aqsa mosque on Jerusalem's Temple Mount destroyed to make way for the third Jewish Temple and the messianic era. The difference with Iran, however, is that there are all of about 50 of these nuts in Israel, and none of them is president.

The closest we've come to a messianically inclined leader in America was a secretary of the interior who 24 years ago, when asked about his stewardship of the environment, told Congress: "I do not know how many future generations we can count on before the Lord returns; whatever it is we have to manage with a skill to leave the resources needed for future generations." But James Watt's domain was the forest, and his weapon of choice was the chainsaw. He was not in charge of nuclear weapons to be placed on missiles that are paraded through the streets with, literally, Israel's name on them. (They are adorned with banners reading "Israel must be wiped off the map.") It gets worse. After his U.N. speech in September, Ahmadinejad was caught on videotape telling a cleric that during the speech an aura, a halo, appeared around his head right on the podium of the General Assembly. "I felt the atmosphere suddenly change. And for those 27 or 28 minutes, the leaders of the world did not blink. . . . It seemed as if a hand was holding them there, and it opened their eyes to receive the message from the Islamic Republic."

Negotiations to deny this certifiable lunatic genocidal weapons have been going nowhere. Everyone knows they will go nowhere. And no one will do anything about it
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Sat 12 Aug, 2006 04:10 am
Brand X wrote:

If you've been reading the Israeli press (an adventurous surmise) you'll have some notion of the growing sentiment in Israel that this operation was at best ill-advised and at worst, stupidly counter-productive and damaging to Israel's own interests.

If I had the technical know-how, I'd hack each of your computers just to find out where you are turning for your reading. And I'd be really surprised if what I found would surprise me.

Krauthammer, Limbaugh, Free Republic, Coulter, TownHall and Newsmax etc...American rightwing sites and pundits would be high on every one of your lists. Most of you will have some number of these on your "favorites" list or logged into your radio frequency memory. But Ha'aretz? I'd wager there isn't more than two or three of you who have even visited it, ever, even when links have been provided.

Why bother? You already know who to hate. There's the good guys and there's the bad guys and your sources are dependable because they also know who to hate. They know it with clarity too.

Hating is good. It clears the mind and freshens the blood flow and energizes the spirit and scares the bad guys. That's why Jesus so commonly recommended hating others as the guaranteed path to wisdom, to Him and to God.
0 Replies