ISRAEL - IRAN - SYRIA - HAMAS - HEZBOLLAH - WWWIII?

ican711nm

Reply Mon 11 May, 2009 06:36 pm
@Foxfyre,
foxfyre wrote:
what would we and all those other countries be facing if we were not spending massive amounts of money on the military?

Far more of us would be dead or injured, and governments would be even more in debt spending huge sums to rebuild our and their blown up infrastructures.
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Mon 11 May, 2009 07:30 pm
@Advocate,
Advocate wrote:

What the hell are you talking about? Our military spending is taking us to the poor house, and it is hugely wasteful. The last time I looked, we were spending more than the next 26 countries in spending combined. How many more countries must we invade? Are we trying to be another Roman Empire?

So you do not believe we should be the policeman of the world. Do not cry on my shoulder if the world then spins out of control.
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Mon 11 May, 2009 07:31 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

Richer.

Wrong answer. The correct answer is: living in a less safe world.
genoves

Reply Tue 12 May, 2009 12:57 am
Foofie--You should know, and can find out if you examine past posts, that Cicerone Imposter is either mildly retarded or operating under the old strictures of Bushido. It would appear that one of his cousins or nephews ran for office( I think it was a minor post) on the Democratic ticket and Cicerone Imposter has been avidly trying to ingratiate himself with anyone on the left.

He knows nothing.

Cicerone Imposter is not aware that if the rabid fanatics in Iran or Pakistan were ever to take over and unleash a nuclear weapon on Israel, Netanyahu would certainly order an all out defense.

The left wing really thinks that Justice would be served if all of the Jews in Israel would be sent back to Europe. When I read the input of some of the Europeans on this site, I would be most fearful of such a move.

Netanyahu has promised--Never Again!.

People like Cicerone Imposter would never understand what happened in the furnaces of the concentration camps of Europe.
0 Replies

genoves

Reply Tue 12 May, 2009 01:02 am
Advocate wrote:

What the hell are you talking about? Our military spending is taking us to the poor house, and it is hugely wasteful. The last time I looked, we were spending more than the next 26 countries in spending combined. How many more countries must we invade? Are we trying to be another Roman Empire?

I don't know why that should continue. The Messiah(BO) should cut all military expenditure that is absolutely not needed as he promised in his pre election blurbs.

But, what do we find? BO is becoming more "murderous" as time goes on. Not only is he adding thousands of American Troops to Afghanistan, he is presiding over the slaughter of hundreds of INNOCENT Afghan and Pakistani civilians with his mindless use of highly armed drone planes.

Enough Killing!!
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Tue 12 May, 2009 06:42 am
@mysteryman,
mysteryman wrote:

And by the same token...how many other countries were NOT invaded because we were willing to spend massive amounts of money on the military?

I give up. How many?
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Tue 12 May, 2009 08:01 am
@mysteryman,
mysteryman wrote:

And by the same token...how many other countries were NOT invaded because we were willing to spend massive amounts of money on the military?
I'm thinking Lebanon? but perhaps you meant Granada.
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Tue 12 May, 2009 08:18 am
As previously posted, the Muslims in Jordan were disappointed that they didn't get an expected apology from Pope Benedict. Nothing else he said overshadowed that. And now it appears that some Israelis are disappointed that they didn't get an expected apology from Pope Benedict.

Sigh.

What is it in these modern times that prominent leaders are expected and applauded for going around apologizing to everybody else for whatever and are criticized if they don't? And such apologies are considered the most important thing anybody can say regardless of whatever is happening now? Will PC mean that instead of hello and how are you, that we will soon be expected to include in every conversation an apology for whatever offenses we or our family or whomever committed in the past?

Quote:
May 11, 2009
Pope under fire for Yad Vashem speech
By ETGAR LEFKOVITS AND JPOST STAFF

Pope Benedict XVI on Monday paid tribute to the memory of six million Jews who perished in the Holocaust, pledging to work tirelessly to prevent such hatred from recurring in the hearts of mankind again.

Benedict says, "Church feels deep compassion for the victims."
But the pontiff's closely-watched speech at Jerusalem's Yad Vashem Holocaust Memorial stopped short of an apology on behalf of the Catholic Church, producing palpable disappointment among those Israelis who had expected a historic address from the German-born pope on the first day of his visit here.

"We're talking about the pope, who is also a representative of the Holy See, which has a lot to ask forgiveness from our people for," Knesset Speaker Reuven Rivlin said during an interview on Israel Radio on Tuesday. "And he is also a German, whose country and people have asked forgiveness. But he himself comes and speaks to us like a historian, as an observer, as a man who expresses his opinion about things that should never happen, and he was - what can you do? - a part of them."

"If we let this go, in the end they'll say, 'the Jewish people can manage,'" the Knesset speaker said.
http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satellite?cid=1242029498309&pagename=JPost%2FJPArticle%2FShowFull

Advocate

Reply Tue 12 May, 2009 09:31 am
@Foofie,
I think the world is a lot less safe for our invasion of Nam and Iraq. Also, it is less safe because of our occupation of Afghan. We are less safe having so many troops stationed abroad, which puts us on the front line in the case of a conflict. Diverting so much of our treasury for military, for which there is no economic payoff, deprives very important domestic demands from needed funding. There is going to be a steep price to us for allowing our infrastructire to decay, having a health care system that is the worst in the developed world, etc.
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 12 May, 2009 09:47 am
@Advocate,
So true. We spend more on our military than all countries combined.
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Tue 12 May, 2009 11:34 am
@Advocate,
Advocate wrote:

I think the world is a lot less safe for our invasion of Nam and Iraq. Also, it is less safe because of our occupation of Afghan. We are less safe having so many troops stationed abroad, which puts us on the front line in the case of a conflict. Diverting so much of our treasury for military, for which there is no economic payoff, deprives very important domestic demands from needed funding. There is going to be a steep price to us for allowing our infrastructire to decay, having a health care system that is the worst in the developed world, etc.

In my opinion, you have it backwards. The U.S. is more safe by having military stationed around the globe. We are more safe, because the world's awareness, of our military being almost omnipresent, likely has prevented some small wars from growing bigger.
0 Replies

genoves

Reply Wed 13 May, 2009 01:36 am
@Advocate,
I agree with Advocate. Therefore, BO lied when he said that he would END the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Soon, the American public( those who can read above a sixth grade level) will discover that BO lied about a great many things.
0 Replies

genoves

Reply Wed 13 May, 2009 01:40 am

I am convinced that the left wing is reflexively Anti-Israel because the left wing is dedicated to the downfall of the USA with its present Capitalistic System. The Anti-American haters of the sixties and seventies--the bombers--the Weathermen--the qausi Communists--are still with us.

I am heartened that BO is going to visit Israel. He will find that he will not be able to bullshit Nathanyahu.

I am always amused by the fanatic Islamists in Iran and Pakistan who, despite their huge numerical advantage in people and territory, demand the destruction of Israel.

Not while Bibi is there. He has promised--"Never Again"
0 Replies

ican711nm

Reply Wed 13 May, 2009 12:03 pm
KNOW THE REALITY OF ISLAM.
Quote:

http://www.vexen.co.uk/religion/islam_unbelievers.html
Islam and Non-believers
By Abdul Shaitan Vexen Crabtree, 2006 Sep 27
1. Conversion, Subjugation, or Death
2. Apostasy
3. Moderate Muslims and the West
4. Blasphemy and Islam

Conversion, Subjugation, or Death
The Qur'an contains detailed instructions and examples of how to meet unbelievers. The first instruction is that they should be called to Islam; in fact, the Qur'an says you cannot wage war against unbelievers until you have preached to them. The second instruction is that if they do not convert to Islam, then, they must be fought. The third instruction is that if they surrender, or convert, then you must stop waging war. The final instruction is that if they do not convert or surrender, then they must be killed. This is the optimum route for Islamist expansion: A tidal wave of war, subjugation and conversion.

There is another provision in the Qur'an though, because sometimes Muslims aren't in a position to wage war. In this occasion, the examples and teachings of the Qur'an are that Muslims may make deals with their enemies, with unbelievers, engage in truces and the like in order to recuperate and gain strength. The overriding concern is the fight against unbelievers; if this can't be achieved then it is ok to strategically lay low. To achieve more sneaky victories, it is acceptable to deceive, double-cross and break deals. Deals with unbelievers are not real deals, anyway, and are to be broken as soon as more aggressive moves can be made.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 13 May, 2009 01:04 pm
@Foxfyre,
Especially after what happened recently (the "Bishop Williamson affair"), I really think that the Pope could have reacted better.

But that's him, at least how he became in the last two, three decades.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 13 May, 2009 03:27 pm
Quote:
Pope says Bethlehem wall "can be taken down"
Pope Benedict on Wednesday said the fortified Israeli wall dividing Bethlehem from Jerusalem could be taken down, if Israel and the Palestinians could remove the walls around their hearts.

0 Replies

genoves

Reply Thu 14 May, 2009 01:06 am

I am convinced that the left wing is reflexively Anti-Israel because the left wing is dedicated to the downfall of the USA with its present Capitalistic System. The Anti-American haters of the sixties and seventies--the bombers--the Weathermen--the qausi Communists--are still with us.

I am heartened that BO is going to visit Israel. He will find that he will not be able to bullshit Nathanyahu.

I am always amused by the fanatic Islamists in Iran and Pakistan who, despite their huge numerical advantage in people and territory, demand the destruction of Israel.

Not while Bibi is there. He has promised--"Never Again"
MontereyJack

Reply Thu 14 May, 2009 03:38 pm
The bullshit flows not from Obama but from Netanyahu.
Advocate

Reply Thu 14 May, 2009 06:35 pm
@genoves,
Brandon, you are up to your old tricks, such as repeating things. You really ought to be banned.
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 14 May, 2009 06:36 pm
@Advocate,
He is banned; I put him on Ignore.
0 Replies