ISRAEL - IRAN - SYRIA - HAMAS - HEZBOLLAH - WWWIII?

Advocate

Reply Fri 8 May, 2009 03:26 pm
Christian Pals are not in fear of Hamas or Fatah. But they do fear the civilian Moslem fanatic.

http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satellite?cid=1239710889374&pagename=JPost%2FJPArticle%2FShowFull
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 8 May, 2009 03:38 pm
@Advocate,
What are you trying to say? The average Muslim also fear "the civilian Muslim fanatic." You didn't know that?
Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 9 May, 2009 01:45 pm
Hamas to rebuilt Gaza homes with mud bricksl:
Quote:

The Hamas-run government in the fenced-off Gaza Strip said on Saturday that it will use mud bricks to rebuild houses destroyed during a massive Israeli offensive at the turn of the year.
[...]
Since Hamas took power Israel has sealed off the narrow coastal strip and its 1.4 million Palestinian residents from all but basic humanitarian aid and has allowed in virtually no construction materials, saying they might be used for making explosives and weapons.

Small quantities of concrete and steel have nevertheless been brought in through a network of smuggling tunnels between Gaza and Egypt, which Israeli warplanes repeatedly bombed both during and after the deadly war.

Zaza said the government would use blueprints approved by local municipalities and the union of Gaza engineers for three-storey houses that it said would last for decades.

The programme will begin with the building of a three-storey "model home" on 250 square metres (around 2,700 square feet) of land, he added.

The cost of rebuilding would be borne by the government and by "Arab and local aid groups," Zaza said, adding that the project would provide employment for construction workers and allow some factories to reopen.

In recent days Gaza residents have started building mud brick houses on their own in some of the hardest-hit areas of the territory in Gaza City and the southern towns of Khan Yunis and Rafah.

In Rafah Jihad al-Shaer, 36, recently completed an 80 square-metre (860 square-foot) mud brick house and has moved in with his wife and six children, the youngest of which was born last week.

"I got tired of waiting, because I need to live in a house with my family," he said.

The new dwelling has no electricity or running water, but Shaer says it only cost him 3,000 dollars to build. He estimates he would have spent 25,000 dollars if he had used cement.

Nearby another man, Ismail, who declined to give his last name, has also built a small house out of mud.

"It looked like it was going to be a long wait," the 29-year-old said. "Maybe it is only a temporary solution."

But not everyone is happy about the plan.

Mohammed al-Samuni, the member of a large clan whose neighbourhood on the edge of Gaza City was flattened during the offensive, said he would prefer to wait for cement.

"We want to rebuild our houses the way they were before," he said. "This is our natural right."

According to official Palestinian statistics around 4,100 dwelling places were destroyed during the offensive as well as 48 government offices and buildings, 31 police stations and 20 mosques.

International donors pledged 4.5 billion dollars in aid at a reconstruction conference in Egypt in March but little has made its way to Gaza amid the continuing blockade and bitter Palestinian political divisions.

More than 1,400 Palestinians and 13 Israelis were killed during the Gaza offensive, which came to an end on January 18 when Israel and Hamas each declared unilateral ceasefires.

Advocate

Reply Sat 9 May, 2009 02:17 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
What is the significance of this?
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 9 May, 2009 02:19 pm
@Advocate,
You miss two very important points; 1) they have no building materials so they make their buildings from mud/bricks, and 2) they do not have the freedom to move outside of Gaza to purchase materials.

Do you still think Palestinians have the same equal rights?
Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 9 May, 2009 02:20 pm
@Advocate,
Well, some people get a roof over their head. Might be significant for them.

Our (= the one of our Evangelical and Catholic churches) partner parish gets its parishioners back to work. Might be significant for them ... and we get handmade art from there again, significant for our churches shops.
Advocate

Reply Sat 9 May, 2009 02:40 pm
Does anyone in the world believe this crap.

Hamas military wing defends rockets fire as resistance

www.chinaview.cn 2009-05-09 19:17:16 Print

GAZA, May 9 (Xinhua) -- The military wing of the Palestinian Islamic Hamas movement on Saturday said its rockets attacks were means of resistance to the Israeli occupation.

"Bringing Grad missiles to the military suit of Ezz el-Deen al-Qassam Brigades was a qualitative and important step to resist the Zionist occupation," said Abu Obaida, a spokesman for the armed wing of Hamas, in statements published by al-Qassam's information office.

Hamas fired the Russian-made Grad rockets intensively at the Israeli communities near the Gaza Strip during the 22-day large-scale Israeli military offensive in Gaza that ended on January 18.

"The rockets have had a great impact on the Zionists; both the confused public and the political and security leadership," the spokesman added.

He rejected the idea that Israel carried out its offensive against Gaza to stop the rocket attacks.

The Gaza offensive "would have taken place even if we did not have gotten these rockets; the goal of the war was political aiming at toppling the resistance and the regime in the Gaza Strip," he said.

Before the war, Abu Obaida said, the Israeli intelligence expected their rockets to hit within 25 kilometers deep into Israel, "but they were surprised that they (the Grads) exceeded 40kilometers."

"These rockets proved that the Palestinian resistance owns means of deterrence to respond to the crimes by the occupation in an unprecedented way," the spokesman added.

0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Sat 9 May, 2009 02:52 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

You miss two very important points; 1) they have no building materials so they make their buildings from mud/bricks, and 2) they do not have the freedom to move outside of Gaza to purchase materials.

Do you still think Palestinians have the same equal rights?

Was this already a Cecille B. DeMille movie? Who will play Moses? Camera! Lights! Action!
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 9 May, 2009 03:05 pm
@Foofie,
You are a sad Jew; no humanity for others.
Advocate

Reply Sat 9 May, 2009 03:07 pm
@cicerone imposter,
That may be true, but the Christian Pal is victimized much more so, and is being driven out of the ME.
Advocate

Reply Sat 9 May, 2009 03:09 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Gazans can travel anywhere they want, except to Israel. But they can't import items that may be used against Israel.
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Sat 9 May, 2009 03:10 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
But it is rather insignificant relative to relative to this thread.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 9 May, 2009 03:12 pm
@Advocate,
If you decide so.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 9 May, 2009 03:13 pm
@Advocate,
So, does that justify the treatment of Palestinians in Israel? Isn't Israel supposed to be a "democracy(very loosely used)?"
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Sat 9 May, 2009 05:10 pm
Pope Benedict may have a tough row to hoe on his peace trip to the Middle East. The first round didn't go all that well.

Quote:
Pope's address disappoints Muslim leaders
May 9 09:58 AM US/Eastern

Jordanian clerics expressed disappointment that Pope Benedict XVI in an address to Muslim leaders on Saturday failed to offer a new apology for remarks seen as targeting Islam.
"We wanted him to clearly apologise," Sheikh Yusef Abu Hussein, mufti of the southern city of Karak, told AFP after the pope's address in Amman's huge Al-Hussein Mosque.

"What the pope said (in 2006) about the Prophet Mohammed is untrue. Islam did not spread through the power of sword. It's a religion of tolerance and faith," Hussein said.

The pope had in 2006 quoted a medieval Christian emperor who criticised some teachings of the Prophet Mohammed as "evil and inhuman."

The pontiff apologised at the time for the "unfortunate misunderstanding" but ahead of his visit to Jordan the kingdom's main opposition party, the Islamic Action Front, said the pope was not welcome unless he again apologised.

"What the pope said was not an apology," said Hammam Said, the overall leader of Jordan's Muslim Brotherhood and University of Jordan professor.

"We want the apology to be clear just like the insults to Islam were clear. He should acknowledge his mistakes. That's our position and the position of all Jordanians."

The Brotherhood is represented in the lower house of parliament by its powerful political arm, the Islamic Action Front.

"We had hoped the pope would take into consideration the feelings of Muslims," said Sheikh Jamal Jumaah of the city of Madaba after the pope's speech in which he urged reconciliation between Christians and Muslims.

"He is a guest of the Muslims and we expected him to say one word. It's not too late. He can still apologise."

Prince Ghazi bin Mohammed, Jordanian King Abdullah II's advisor on religious affairs who hosted the pontiff during his visit to the mosque, was more conciliatory.

"I would like to thank you for expressing regret over the lecture in 2006, which hurt the feelings of Muslims," Ghazi told the pope.

"We realise that the visit (to Jordan) comes as a goodwill gesture and a sign of mutual respect between Muslims and Christians."

The visit to Jordan is Benedict's first to an Arab state as pontiff and marks the first leg of an eight-day tour of the Holy Land that will also take him to Israel and the Palestinian territories.

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=CNG.2bd8acd3958f3504b0e198ea61d1c3d0.4d1&show_article=1
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Sat 9 May, 2009 07:04 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

You are a sad Jew; no humanity for others.

I might be a "sad person." By making my sadness correlate to my Jewishness is a non-sequitor. My "Jewishness" is what makes me happy. I enjoy being part of a minority that prefers to maintain an historical identity, rather than assimilate totally. Genetically, Jews are no different than others; but, maintaining a separate identity has its advantages, since the mode is just the mean, if you understand statistics.

And, as I have explained before, my "humanity for others" is basically for Americans. That even relates to foreign Jews. Notice I only am pro-Israel. I have no interest in Israelis, nor their culture. I know none, nor want to.

0 Replies

ican711nm

Reply Sat 9 May, 2009 07:35 pm
All the Arabs have to do to be given back what was stolen by Israel from what the UN gave the Arabs, is grant Israel's right to exist in the territory the UN gave Israel, and simultaneously stop trying to steal more from the Israelis than what the UN gave the Arabs!

As long as the moderate Palestinian Arabs do not take responsibility for stopping and acting to stop those among them who are mass murdering Israelis, they will have no one but themselves to blame for the full consequences of Israel exterminating those among them who mass murder Israelis, AND also murdering many of those moderates in the same neighborhoods as those mass murdering Israelis.

0 Replies

genoves

Reply Sun 10 May, 2009 01:44 am
@cicerone imposter,
Cicerone Imposter presumes to be can expert on peoples of the world. He says "foofie is a sad Jew". Does Cicerone know about the tortures applied by the Japs on the Battan Death March? Does that make them sad Japs?

Cicerone is clearly an idiot.

All that the savage and murderous FRINGE Islamiss have to do to show their HUMANITY for others is to formally announce their acceptance of Israel as a state.

Foofie

Reply Sun 10 May, 2009 08:02 am
@genoves,
genoves wrote:

Cicerone Imposter presumes to be can expert on peoples of the world. He says "foofie is a sad Jew". Does Cicerone know about the tortures applied by the Japs on the Battan Death March? Does that make them sad Japs?

Cicerone is clearly an idiot.

All that the savage and murderous FRINGE Islamiss have to do to show their HUMANITY for others is to formally announce their acceptance of Israel as a state.

I do not think anyone's thinking about whether I am a "sad Jew," based on my pro-Israel position, should be made analogous to Japanese military torturing Americans during WWII. My thinking is thought of as sad, not my actions.

This thread is not about one's thinking. I believe a poster should prove his/her position based on facts, not on comments about another poster. Commenting on me as "sad" presupposes that one is a priori correct in one's position/ethics, regarding the thread's topic, in my opinion. A false premise, possibly. How can one debate a person that takes the position of a priori correctness? So, if there is no debate, then the thread is being used for some other purpose? I have no idea as to what purpose, but I have learned that some people may choose not to debate with me, but may just make comments that relate to his/her perception of me. I think of that as a strange use of this thread.
Foxfyre

Reply Sun 10 May, 2009 08:23 am
@Foofie,
Foofie writes
Quote:
I believe a poster should prove his/her position based on facts, not on comments about another poster.

Foofie, even though we all occasionally slip with an ad hominem argument, intentionally insulting comments directed to or about other members is the single most destructive thing that happens here. It has severely limited participation by or driven away many members that used to be a positive influence here and fun to have around.

If you could get that one point through a few thick heads, you would be my hero (heroine) and I think would be up for A2K member of the year.