Jamaica or Mexico?

Reply Wed 12 Jul, 2006 03:27 pm
We are vacationing in September. I want warm. I originally chose Jamaica but then realized H U R R I C A N E season....

So, my question is...should I avoid Jamaica in September? Is it stupid of me to avoid it? Are they directly in the hurricane belt?

What to do what to do.......
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,085 • Replies: 6
No top replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Wed 12 Jul, 2006 04:43 pm
Mexico's Gulf Coast -- Cancun, Cozumel, etc. -- is also in hurricane alley. In September, you ain't safe nowhere. Go to Coney Island. (You ain't safe there, either, but at least there's a degree of familiarity.)
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Thu 13 Jul, 2006 07:03 am
I was thinking the Pacific coast...like Alcapulco or Puerto Vallerta.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Thu 13 Jul, 2006 08:47 am
You should stay home and put the money toward your existing credit card debts :wink:
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Thu 13 Jul, 2006 08:56 am
Yeah we should...but honestly, I need a vacation.

When life gets too real, sometimes you have to just get away from it for a little while to recharge.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Thu 13 Jul, 2006 09:39 am
Actually Aruba is outside the hurricane belt. To be honest, I wouldn't let the potential of a hurricane stop my vacation plans. I went to Jamaica in August which I believe is hurricane season and I went to Cancun in September for my honeymoon. Although we got some rain in Jamaica it was of the quick downpour type of storm then it was gone and in Cancun we had beautiful weather.

Although hurricanes can hit, the odds are in your favor. I went to the Paradise Island in January (certainly our of hurricane season) and it rained all the time. I'd go where I wanted to most and forget about it.
0 Replies

BaileyMac

Reply Sat 26 Aug, 2006 01:55 pm
I would choose Jamaica. Depending where you go in Mexico a hurricane could affect it too.
0 Replies