a run

possopo

Reply Tue 11 Jul, 2006 02:31 am
Stay tuned for part two as the tour kicks off proper, the Groms get to session the worlds biggest city run park, I have my first run (ning) with Ross, and the Groms get their first taste of American street skating...at night!

here, i don't understand what the speaker is going to do with Ross. because he's clearly not going to ride with him and Ross is not going to do any special thing the other Groms are not going to.

so is it a private joke between the speaker and Ross or an expression i don't understand or anything else?

help would be vastly appreciated:)
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 465 • Replies: 4
No top replies

dadpad

Reply Tue 11 Jul, 2006 02:59 am
run = ride in this case I think. The speaker is going to skate along with his friend Ross either in the same park or as a paired skating team. Probably the latter
0 Replies

possopo

Reply Tue 11 Jul, 2006 03:13 am
yes but
Quote:
he's clearly not going to ride with him

that's why the sentence looks so strange to me.
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Tue 11 Jul, 2006 03:44 am
Where does it say he is clearly not going to ride with Ross? I dont see that at all from the except you have posted.

Why are there brackets around "Run (ning)"?
0 Replies

possopo

Reply Wed 12 Jul, 2006 03:33 am
i know they're not riding together because it comes from a video i saw.

the brackets are there because i hear "run" and i read "running" (i have the script from the video).
0 Replies