one-itus?

Reply Mon 10 Jul, 2006 11:58 pm
what does one-itus mean?

i've seen this word a lot. but don't get the meaning.

is this an adj.?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 652 • Replies: 6
No top replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Tue 11 Jul, 2006 01:58 am
I have never heard that expression. Could you put in in context?
0 Replies

oriental

Reply Tue 11 Jul, 2006 02:29 am
Quote:
I'm having a bad day of one-itus trigered by the sight of a girl who looks lke my ex.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Tue 11 Jul, 2006 02:34 am
Quote:
Overcoming One-itis
One-itis is a seduction term used to describe a guy's unnatural obsession with one particular girl or woman. I suspect most guys, including my-self when I was younger, have been fixated by one particular girl or woman for no apparent reason. I remember in my late teens, I couldn't get the girl-next-door out my head - I was obsessed by her, but I never asked her out on a date! I know better now!

Obsession with one girl is unnatural, because there are millions and millions and millions of them out there! Once a guy has many options - many girls to choose from - it's unlikely he will becomed fixated by one particular woman. Generally, only men with limited or no options with respect to women become obcessed by one girl.

An effective way for a guy to overcome one-itis is to learn good PU (pick-up) skills so he can meet lots of interesting and attractive women. Then, and probably only then, he realises his obsession with one girl is silly and not natural as there are many single girls out there and some probably more compatible.

Also, one-itis in a relationship will certainly undermine it. Women don't find insecure, clingy men attractive - in fact they find them a big turn off! Being possessive and unassertive because of an obsession with a particular girl will have opposite effect of what most guys think - she won't be interested or won't be interested for too long.

Relize oneitis is bad in picking up women and bad in relationships too!

I found this, which explains the phrase nicely. I think that the reason that I did not recognize it is because I have not dated for many, many years. I was not familiar with this word, because apparently it is used by young people who are dating.
0 Replies

oriental

Reply Tue 11 Jul, 2006 02:44 am
is this word use for men only?
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Tue 11 Jul, 2006 02:48 am
oriental wrote:
is this word use for men only?

Since this is the first time that I have heard this expression, I really could not tell you. When some of the younger people come online, you may get a better answer.
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Tue 11 Jul, 2006 02:54 am
My 18 year old daughter has never heard the expression before in Oz. <Shrug>
0 Replies