Time To Bomb Another Small Country Into The Stone Age

Reply Thu 22 May, 2003 08:29 am
Another trumped up Orange or Red alert too probably...oh wait we already have that Rolling Eyes
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,429 • Replies: 19
No top replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Thu 22 May, 2003 08:38 am
oops...forgot the link

http://www.msnbc.com/news/916538.asp#BODY
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 22 May, 2003 08:41 am
You reminded me somehow of a line from a Tom Lehrer song:

"Egypt's gonna get one too
Just to use one you know who
Now Israel's getting tense
Wants one in self defense
The Lord is our shepherd says the psalm
But just in case, we better get a bomb . . . "

BPB, when you select small nations to bomb to hell, it's important to rank them first on the basis of proven reserves of oil, or of strategic minerals . . . you don't wanna just list them alphabetically, you know. Oh, yeah, and be sure they don't have a large, well-trained and effective army, like North Korea; you want the war to run close to the election, for points in the polls, without actually costing so much that your popularity drops. The Shrub got too eager with this last one, and it may not carry him through the next election, so you gotta be careful with timing . . .
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Thu 22 May, 2003 09:26 am
"Luxemhourg is next to go!
And, who knows -- maybe Monaco!
We'll try and stay serene and calm
When Alabama gets the bomb."

(Sorry, Set, couldn't help it.)
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Thu 22 May, 2003 04:10 pm
Belgium is next on my list. They are getting to big for there britches and want to put everyone on trial. Regime change required. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

CodeBorg

Reply Thu 22 May, 2003 05:16 pm
Just how many regimes ARE there in the world?
Far too complicated to remember them all.

Let's see what kind of learning aids we have laying around.
Well, there's Nuetron and Hydrogen, a MOAB or two, a few aircraft carriers, ... Jeez, the school budgets have really improved.

Let's teach the world how to be simple again!
There are good old-fashioned wholesome values in fire, shelter, water, ...
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 22 May, 2003 07:09 pm
I don't think anyone here is aware of the dangers posed by Pitcairn's Island. Do you really think that's just honey they are packaging up? I say, put a carrier group around it and then shock and awe them with two Apache helicopters and a Hum V.
0 Replies

fbaezer

Reply Thu 22 May, 2003 07:25 pm
Plus they're a bunch of rapists, and they're about to dissapear anyways.

Pitcairn Island is almost as big a threat as Grenada was. Many servicemen and women won medals for their job in the invasion of Grenada. There were, in fact, more medal winners than forces in the field.

Maybe Blair will support the US effort in Pitcairn. Aznar will certainly applaud.
0 Replies

CodeBorg

Reply Thu 22 May, 2003 07:50 pm
Who do we have to bribe to form a Coalition of the Afraid?
0 Replies

BeachBum

Reply Fri 23 May, 2003 08:52 am
Wait, are we at orange or really, really orange?
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Fri 23 May, 2003 09:05 am
You know what would be really scare? If Bush was a nation builder. Yep, that would really be something.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 23 May, 2003 09:13 am
I think i'm gonna be ill . . . gettin' dizzy . . . better go lie down . . .
0 Replies

steissd

Reply Fri 23 May, 2003 12:36 pm
Fbaezer wrote:
Pitcairn Island is almost as big a threat as Grenada was.

Well, as far as I know, the USSR and Cuba attempted to make Grenada their unsinkable aircraft career. This made the USA to respond the way it responded.
By the way, what is wrong with Pitcairn Island? Did it give an asylum to terrorists?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 23 May, 2003 01:08 pm
steissd wrote:
the USSR and Cuba attempted to make Grenada their unsinkable aircraft career

If ol' Ronnie Ray-gun said it, you believe it implicitly, right, Boss?
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Fri 23 May, 2003 01:20 pm
Bush as a nation builder eh....how funny would he look as Charlton Heston/Moses in 'The Ten Commandments', clipping the slaves about to pull up those obelisks?
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 23 May, 2003 01:34 pm
Setanta wrote:
steissd wrote:
the USSR and Cuba attempted to make Grenada their unsinkable aircraft career

If ol' Ronnie Ray-gun said it, you believe it implicitly, right, Boss?

When living in a Field of Dreams...
0 Replies

steissd

Reply Fri 23 May, 2003 01:50 pm
Well, I tend to believe to President Reagan. He had no reasons to lie. Besides this, there are no sufficient oil resources in Grenada, so the theory that the USA changes regimes in the oil-rich countries does not work here.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Fri 23 May, 2003 02:03 pm
WORLD

Bush warns North Korea on nukes

Posted: Friday, May 23, 3:12pm EDT

President Bush and Japanese Prime Minister Junichiro Koizumi said Friday that "tougher measures" will be warranted against North Korea if it escalates nuclear tensions while asserting confidence that diplomatic tactics will prevail.
Bush said he and the Japanese leader view the nuclear crisis in "exactly the same way" - an absolute unwillingness to let Pyongyang become a nuclear-armed power.

"We will not tolerate nuclear weapons in North Korea," Bush said in a joint appearance with the Japanese leader after a summit at the president's Texas ranch.

"We will not give in to blackmail," Bush said. "We will not settle for anything less than the complete, verifiable and irreversible elimination of North Korea's nuclear weapons program."

"We are confident that our diplomatic approach will bring a peaceful solution," Bush said. "Yet we agreed that further escalation of the situation by North Korea will require tougher measures from the international community."

Koizumi echoed Bush's demands - in some instances using precisely the same language.

"North Korea will have to understand that threats and intimations have no meaning whatsoever," the Japanese leader said.

In a summit that stretched from Thursday afternoon and an intimate dinner, to a ranch tour and business meetings on Friday, the two leaders also discussed the two countries' ailing economies, rebuilding Iraq and postwar Afghanistan, and the United States' development of ballistic missile defense systems.
How long after North Korea say's screw you to Bush will the bombing begin? Any predictions would Bush chance bombing N.Korea? I sometimes wonder if Bush puts his brain in gear before he opens his mouth.
Bush is my name and diplomacy is not my game.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Fri 23 May, 2003 02:32 pm
I wonder if Dubya has the same problem with sushi that daddy did...
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Fri 23 May, 2003 10:16 pm
Re: Grenada -- I visited there in 1983, only two months before the American invasion. It was scary. Grenada is the southernmost island in the Caribbean chain. All the huge oil tankers pass through the channel between Grenada and Venezuela. For this reason, Grenada is in a very strategic location. The shipping channel must remain free...not just for American oil, but for the rest of the world's oil as well. The Soviets were making significant inroads within the Venezuelan government, and had built a massive airport on Grenada...I saw it...it was much too large for an island of that size unless they were planning on large military aircraft. So I believe the threat was real.
0 Replies