U.S. Withdraws From Treaty for International Criminal Court

Reply Sat 8 Jul, 2006 12:59 am
The United States has withdrawn from a treaty to establish an International Criminal Court (ICC), provoking outrage from human rights organisations.

Unsigning the treaty will throw the United States into opposition against the most important new institution for enforcing human rights in 50 years

Kenneth Roth
Human Rights Watch
In a letter to the United Nations delivered on Monday, the US says it will not consider itself bound by the treaty - even though Bill Clinton signed up to it in 2000.

The US has vehemently opposed the setting up of the ICC, fearing its soldiers and diplomats could be brought before the court which will hear cases of war crimes and crimes against humanity.

Sounds like the U.S. is heading for the Dark Ages. I guess BushCo doesn't want to be tried as a war criminal. Is the U.S. above the law? They are certainly isolating themselves and becoming less and less of a democracy.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,384 • Replies: 37
No top replies

Amigo

Reply Sun 9 Jul, 2006 01:57 am
"Fascism may be defined as a form of political behavior marked by obsessive preoccupation with community decline, humiliation, or victim-hood and by compensatory cults of unity, energy, and purity, in which a mass-based party of committed nationalist militants, working in uneasy but effective collaboration with traditional elites, abandons democratic liberties and pursues with redemptive violence and without ethical or legal restraints goals of internal cleansing and external expansion." (Anatomy of Fascism, p 218)
0 Replies

freedom4free

Reply Sun 9 Jul, 2006 06:21 am
And 95% of retarded Bush supportes/worshippers wonder why the rest of the world hates America.

Freedumb and democracy my a$$. Laughing
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sun 9 Jul, 2006 06:24 am
I don't think the US will ever give up sovreignty. (sp)
0 Replies

Asherman

Reply Sun 9 Jul, 2006 10:37 am
Actually, its a move to reassert our own soveriegnty from the ineffectual United Nations and the move to create a single world government. Republicans and conservatives strongly objected at the time, and we should have withdrawn from this treaty a long time ago.
0 Replies

pachelbel

Reply Sun 9 Jul, 2006 01:50 pm
Asherman wrote:
Actually, its a move to reassert our own soveriegnty from the ineffectual United Nations and the move to create a single world government. Republicans and conservatives strongly objected at the time, and we should have withdrawn from this treaty a long time ago.

Yeah, ash, it has to do with America wanting to take over the planet. Google PNAC -Project for a New American Century www.newamericancentury.org
You think everyone else will sit and let that happen?
China and Russia have their own agenda, they are bigger than the US and they are much more patient.
I'd start learning Chinese if I were you. Laughing
0 Replies

Asherman

Reply Sun 9 Jul, 2006 03:34 pm
Actually, Mandarin was my second language.

The assertion that the United States is out to conquer the world is ludicrous. From your past postings it seems you believe the U.S. has been out for world conquest since the late 18th century, and that in pursuance of that goal we have been responsible for most of the world's ills and crimes. It must be intellectually satisfying to you that everything can be blamed upon the U.S.

Unfortunately, that isn't the case and I doubt that you will find many outside of Al Quida to agree with you.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Sun 9 Jul, 2006 04:01 pm
There's something to be said for "Get The US out of the UN and get the UN out of The US". The economic benefit and tax revenue alone of converting all that New York real estate now owned by the UN to private enterprise would be in the $Muli-Billions annually.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 10 Jul, 2006 03:37 pm
Re: U.S. Withdraws From Treaty for International Criminal Co
pachelbel wrote:
The United States has withdrawn from a treaty to establish an International Criminal Court (ICC), provoking outrage from human rights organisations.

Unsigning the treaty will throw the United States into opposition against the most important new institution for enforcing human rights in 50 years

Kenneth Roth
Human Rights Watch
In a letter to the United Nations delivered on Monday, the US says it will not consider itself bound by the treaty - even though Bill Clinton signed up to it in 2000.

The US has vehemently opposed the setting up of the ICC, fearing its soldiers and diplomats could be brought before the court which will hear cases of war crimes and crimes against humanity.

Sounds like the U.S. is heading for the Dark Ages. I guess BushCo doesn't want to be tried as a war criminal. Is the U.S. above the law? They are certainly isolating themselves and becoming less and less of a democracy.

If ever a one-world government is established,
it is only a matter of time and of human nature ( that of politicians )
before it degenerates into a despotism
enforced with the assistance of computers and of microsurveillance.

It was tuf enuf to throw the Hanoverian Dynasty out of America, WITHOUT that.
Chances of overthrowing such a one-world government r bleak.

R we doomed to be the ancestors of the Borg ?

There r 2 parties and 2 bodies of philosophical thought in America,
of which one wud welcome a one-world despotism
and the other REJECTS it,
in favor of libertarian individualism and hedonism ( = freedom n fun )

Mr. Asherman expressed it accurately; so stipulated.
David
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 10 Jul, 2006 03:41 pm
This is to say nothing of the fact
that America and Western Europe wud be TAXED
to support the backward regions of the world.

The first step will be to disarm the free citizens of the Western World
before the rape.
0 Replies

pachelbel

Reply Mon 10 Jul, 2006 09:46 pm
Asherman wrote:
Actually, Mandarin was my second language.

Good for you. Hope you remember enough of it when they invade.

The assertion that the United States is out to conquer the world is ludicrous.

Based upon what? Your opinion? This is a statment from PNAC
(Project for a New American Century)

The Project for the New American Century is a non-profit educational organization dedicated to a few fundamental propositions: that American leadership is good both for America and for the world; and that such leadership requires military strength, diplomatic energy and commitment to moral principle.

American leadership is good both for America AND FOR THE WORLD???
Who fukking decided that??? What makes your consumeristic, shallow society worth striving for, I'd like to know? Your values in America are based upon WHO has WHAT.

As for diplomacy, well, there isn't any. America has managed to go backwards as far as foreign policy.

As for moral principle, I won't even go there except to say that America is morally bankrupt. Your principles are based upon military strength; purchasing the newest fad, you care not a whit for what your imperialistic war mongering government does to other countries. That is why America is despised.

You have not come up with ONE country who admires and aspires to be like the U.S. Why?

From your past postings it seems you believe the U.S. has been out for world conquest since the late 18th century, and that in pursuance of that goal we have been responsible for most of the world's ills and crimes.

Yes, indeed. I couldn't have said it better. Those who don't read history are condemned to repeat it. Your president can't get past My Pet Goat.
Check out how many places on this planet America has a military posted. What do you think that means, if not world conquest? Most of the world's crimes can be traced to England and the U.S.

Unfortunately, that isn't the case and I doubt that you will find many outside of Al Quida to agree with you.

Well, I read more than just FOX news, and NBC/ABC. You keep insulating yourself in your little cocoon, asher. There are many outside of Al Queda who actually would agree with me.

By the way, as is typical with Americans, at least get the name right. It's spelled Al Queda, not Al Quida. Al isn't short for Albert, either.

Try reading THE COLLAPSE OF GLOBALISM AND THE REINVENTION OF THE WORLD by John Ralston Saul. I admit it's a bit tougher than My Pet Goat, but I'm betting you could get through it.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Mon 10 Jul, 2006 09:57 pm
pachelbel wrote:
By the way, as is typical with Americans, at least get the name right. It's spelled Al Queda, not Al Quida. Al isn't short for Albert, either.

It's "al Qaeda," doofus. If you're going to go to the trouble to try and correct someone's spelling, the least you can do is make an effort to be competent.
0 Replies

pachelbel

Reply Mon 10 Jul, 2006 10:20 pm
Ticomaya wrote:
pachelbel wrote:

It's "al Qaeda," doofus. If you're going to go to the trouble to try and correct someone's spelling, the least you can do is make an effort to be competent.

I bow to your obvious superior intelligence.
I know how to spell it - I was wondering if anyone out there would bother to correct me. Glad to know there is one person who can spell it right.
Now just have to get you yanks to say ER-RACK rather that EYE RACK. The Iraqis would appreciate it, since you're occupying their country.
Also please quit saying EYE RAN. It's ER RAN.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Tue 11 Jul, 2006 07:26 am
No.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Tue 11 Jul, 2006 11:05 am
pachelbel wrote:

I would hope so.

Quote:
I know how to spell it - I was wondering if anyone out there would bother to correct me. Glad to know there is one person who can spell it right.

"I kneau how to spell it, you fewl."

http://img364.imageshack.us/img364/2559/clouseau7ta.gif
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Tue 11 Jul, 2006 12:11 pm
The John Birch Blue Book cornponisms still echoing loudly in those moonshine jugs, boys.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Tue 11 Jul, 2006 03:35 pm
Ticomaya wrote:
pachelbel wrote:

I would hope so.

Quote:

"I kneau how to spell it, you fewl."

http://img364.imageshack.us/img364/2559/clouseau7ta.gif

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing I could HEAR him, Tico. Thanks! Laughing Laughing

unser the fewn.
what?
unser the fewn.
wha..
THE FEWN, pick up the FEWN!
0 Replies

pachelbel

Reply Tue 11 Jul, 2006 08:42 pm
..............yawn...............

I see that the topic of this thread isn't being addressed. Doesn't anyone care that the US thinks it is above the law?

What will happen to your delicate american psyches when you discover you aren't the kings of the world?? Shocked
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Thu 13 Jul, 2006 09:23 pm
pachelbel wrote:
..............yawn...............

I see that the topic of this thread isn't being addressed.
Doesn't anyone care that the US thinks it is above the law?

There is NO applicable law
if we reject it, as we did.
That is because we are free, sovereign,
and have the power to defend both.

Quote:

What will happen to your delicate american psyches when you discover you aren't the kings of the world?? Shocked

Nothing.
Our own freedom and safety
from alien aggression is all we need.

Let the collectivists of the world be damned.

David
0 Replies

pachelbel

Reply Thu 13 Jul, 2006 10:50 pm
freedom4free wrote:
And 95% of retarded Bush supportes/worshippers wonder why the rest of the world hates America.

Freedumb and democracy my a$$. Laughing

Laughing Laughing Laughing
0 Replies