growing up with pain ----granny,forgive me

Reply Fri 7 Jul, 2006 08:42 am
I grew uo with my granny since childhood.
My mother give birth to my younger brother the next year..
so I had to sleep with my granny. I had almost been sleeping in her bad
for more than ten years until I enter Junier Middle school and lived
in school.
She loved me so much showedin her giving me so many delicious foods,
snacks while sometines she saved for me.
She's now 80 years old and I'm 20.
I was in a city far away home for university while she was waiting eagerly
for my return.
She got into a serious illness several days before and lied in bed for more than20 days while I was busily preparing for my exams.
She was missing me so much while I decide to go home a month later after the holiday begin,
I FOUND MYSELF SO CREUL.....
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 699 • Replies: 2
No top replies

boomerang

Reply Fri 7 Jul, 2006 05:13 pm
I'm certain that your granny loves you and because she loves you she wants you to live your own life and enjoy yourself.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Sat 8 Jul, 2006 08:24 am
It's not cruel for you to not be there during exams. The bottom line is, that your education is important to your future, and the people who love you will understand that. With exams over (I assume), you could then go to see your grandmother. Apologize if you feel you must, but really, this is the way of the world. You have to be able to finish school.

If it weighs on you very heavily, you can try asking for a leave of absence from school if something like this happens again during examinations time. I don't know if your school would offer that but it is available at American schools. You'd probably have to show just cause, such as a note from your grandmother's doctor -- but I am talking about her being on her deathbed. Even here, you're going to have some trouble getting excused from exams or an incomplete if it's not a serious illness. At least, you might get consideration from the school, but it would not be without consequences.
0 Replies