You are looking for a child photographer

ossobuco

Reply Mon 10 Jul, 2006 09:08 pm
Great site, ehBeth, thanks... ah, the Bridge of Sighs in the mist..

I agree with all Boomer's nudging towards the details and the contrasts...
though I sort of like some of the dark photos as reminiscent of old sepias. Still, the liveliness of the high zone photos is very appealing to me.
0 Replies

Vivien

Reply Tue 11 Jul, 2006 07:41 am
yes, I agree the second one is clearer, cleaner and more likely to appeal to your potential customers - though like Osso I still like the orginal.

Boomerang is good isn't she? she knows her stuff!

You can also adjust sometimes with Variations (under Image) and just adjust mid tones or darks or lights separately - sometimes I find I need to do that to scans to correct them.

Also levels, to see if there is a gap that needs closing because there are no little peaks there.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Tue 11 Jul, 2006 08:10 am
Quote:
Also levels, to see if there is a gap that needs closing because there are no little peaks there.

what does that mean?

Boomerang good?
she is fan-tast-icle. Smile
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 11 Jul, 2006 08:12 am
She really is. I've learned a ton from her. You can totally see the boomer-influence in the sozlet pics I take.
0 Replies

Vivien

Reply Tue 11 Jul, 2006 08:34 am
shewolfnm wrote:
Quote:

what does that mean?

Boomerang good?
she is fan-tast-icle. Smile

under IMAGE there is a choice 'levels' and there's a little chart of peaks that comes up - if either end has a gap with none there you can move a slider across and see if you like the results better - it means there are no tones in that range. Sometimes it's better, sometimes not

and fan-tast-icle - yes Smile
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Tue 11 Jul, 2006 12:54 pm
on the site kreator, how can i adjust the images once they have been submitted ??

http://sitekreator.com/shewolfnm/Admin/main_page.html?e=0.9846495067011647

maybe you can see what i did here.?
They are too big, and blurry..
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Tue 11 Jul, 2006 03:11 pm
How cheering to read these lovely things on such a manic depressive day. Thank you all so much!

I couldn't get it to open shewolf. You sent us the administrator link and you have to have a password to use it.

But I'll bet you made the same mistake I did and didn't go all the way through the tutorials before you tried to get started. I tried using the "Add" feature instead of the "Add gallery" feature and had the same problem.

sitekreator is easy to use but I would have never gotten far with the tutorials. It takes a while to go through the whole thing but it really is worth it. The FAQ section is great too - I just learned to add a little feeback form that sends comments directly to my email!
0 Replies

Vivien

Reply Wed 12 Jul, 2006 11:32 am
once they are submitted you can't improve them shewolf - but you can simply replace them with the corrected images

every compliment is deserved Boomerang
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Fri 14 Jul, 2006 10:26 am
ok.

so , I have learned each suggestion you have passed on, and this is the current results with my progress...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/28347503@N00/

what do you think?

The next step is to learn to add borders to my pictures, wich, if you use slide show you can see why i want to do that.
Slide show offers a great black border that goes well with some of those pictures
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Sat 15 Jul, 2006 12:42 pm
My first attempt at a border in photoshop.

I think......... i am in love with photoshop! Very Happy

http://img92.imageshack.us/img92/5900/pamud7.jpg

(thanks to ticomaya for helping me save a good picture )
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Sun 16 Jul, 2006 07:11 am
another "trick" attempt..

http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/1356/footprintsdk3.jpg
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Sun 16 Jul, 2006 08:34 am
Shewolf! Those are looking great!!

I couldn't get the slideshow to run but I know that it is just my computer. I'll try to pull it up on Mr. B's computer when I get a chance.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Sun 16 Jul, 2006 09:46 am
Smile

thanks.

I noticed, when I run the slideshow, some of them come out really blurry.

Could that be because of something I did to the picture? Or is it more likely just Flickr?
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sun 16 Jul, 2006 10:03 am
Blurry-ness and low resolution are some things I noticed, so good to know that you have originals that are better -- maybe keep going with SiteKreator and see if that makes a difference.

I've always liked that pop-of-color in a B&W background look.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Sun 16 Jul, 2006 11:18 am
All of these will go on site kreator.
I am just using flickr to share the pictures with the families of these kiddos and sort of get an idea of how they look on a site.

I have decided that flickr sucks. Laughing
and is not good for any presentation, except to other flickr members.

though it is a great 'host' site !
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 16 Jul, 2006 11:25 am
I don't follow the intricacies of compression and (is the word RAW? some three letter word) for dealing with photos; not even sure if I am mumbling about film or digital stuff only, related to Adobe and other tech aids. But, I do remember reading something about each time you copy something, to play with it? to post?, the resolution (or?) gets poorer, unless it's saved in RAW.

Perhaps someone else will know what I'm talking about and know if it is a consideration or the ranting of the ill-informed.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Sun 16 Jul, 2006 12:37 pm
flickr just flashed a message about having used 100% of my uploads for the month?!

wtf....

(sigh)

Raw?

never heard of that .
maybe it is for printing a photo? And not from ujust making copies on your desktop?
hmmm interesting.
0 Replies

Vivien

Reply Mon 17 Jul, 2006 08:32 am
RAW is the data straight from the camera, not as a jpeg or anything - that is the total limit of my knowledge about it though! but it's 'raw' format if that makes sense.

The jpegs uploaded to sitekreator don't go blurry in the slide show, so hopefully you'll be ok there.
0 Replies