You are looking for a child photographer

boomerang

Reply Sat 8 Jul, 2006 11:52 am
I'm using a free site that Vivien told me about: www.sitekreator.com.

It is pretty easy to use. If you want to see what mine is looking like these days click on my "www" thingy.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Sat 8 Jul, 2006 11:58 am
absolutly amazing

one of these days, I will be as good as you are..

at least, that is what I strive for. Smile
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Sun 9 Jul, 2006 06:45 am
I obviously said something I didnt mean to say. Not sure what though.

I would never "shop" for a photographer, mostly because my family photos are made special by the memory attatched to the snaps.

heres a couple of my locals

my local

Boss

I like the idea of you following the kids around shewolf, I think its just different enough to be a good marketing edge. I query however the economics, the time taken to capture those "special" shots would be expensive. (Offer studio portraits and the "follow round" as an upsell?) I expect you have it all nutted out.
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Sun 9 Jul, 2006 07:00 am
boom just looked at your site now, The timing of your slide show is good. Not too long on each shot but enough time to take it in some of the words are too small and the passages too long to read within the time frame of the slide. I would make the pause/play slide show a different color. I did not see it the first time round (could be a good thing as my attention was taken up by the photos)

Under session information
Quote:
To get the most from you session

missing an R from your
quotos is a play on photos and quotes, yes?

hope thats usefull
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Sun 9 Jul, 2006 01:13 pm
ok

learning photo shop..

can you tell how I touched this up?
Did the touch ups help?

http://img288.imageshack.us/img288/3374/luna1162mu.jpg

http://img515.imageshack.us/img515/6112/luna1163zn.jpg
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Sun 9 Jul, 2006 05:59 pm
Oh good catch with the "r" dadpad! Thank you!

Thanks for taking the time to look. I'll take it as a good sign that you tried to read and look at it all (even if you just did it for me).

We decided to go spend the weekend at the beach and just walked in the door. I think I got a very good series of new photos and will be changing the opening thingy. I still get very lukewarm response from the photography forum where I posted the site and one of the things they really don't like is the tomato photo that opens the site.

Luckily, I get a better response from parents than I do from photographers.

But I don't want to take over shewolf's thread....

I can't tell what you photoshopped, shewolf. I really like that photo - it really caught my eye on your site as did the other Luna photo where she is in the swing. The color in that is very, very cool and the exposure is great.

I'm still not competley up to speed on Photoshop myself (whatever happened to member Questioner?, he always helped me a lot. If you need a few tips though I will be happy to pass on what I do know shewolf. Some of the correction stuff is easy once you get an idea of where you need to go to correct it.

I've got to go put out a few just got home fires but I will recheck your site in just a bit......
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 9 Jul, 2006 06:34 pm
The only thing I notice in the photoshopped photo, shewolfnm, is the change in hair colour.

The Luna photos were two of my favs on the original page, along with hmmmm, I have to go check on the name ... wondering?
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 9 Jul, 2006 06:35 pm
wonder

that was it

great photo
0 Replies

Vivien

Reply Mon 10 Jul, 2006 01:59 am
I was going to pm you about sitekreator but Boomerang got there first! Very Happy

It's a really great site to be with as it has no ads and you can choose exactly how you lay it all out, do some write ups about your work etc and they have a great tutorial on building the profile of your site so it'll come up highly rated.

Also if they like your site they'll allocate you lots of lovely extra free space.

You can see mine if you add /vivienb to the sitekreator.com stem. Also /vivienphotos and /viviensketches - they gave me 500mb free on each bless them Smile

I'm off to look what Boomerang has been doing with hers Smile

oh, I forgot to say - lovely lovely photos.
0 Replies

Vivien

Reply Mon 10 Jul, 2006 02:07 am
Boomerang your site looks wonderful - I'd hire you without a doubt. Very Happy

The wording is just pefect
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Mon 10 Jul, 2006 06:40 am
I like the updated much better...

Very Happy
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Mon 10 Jul, 2006 07:08 am
Vivien, your flowers are fantastic.

May I use one on my desktop as a background!!!??? Very Happy
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Mon 10 Jul, 2006 07:49 am
http://www.flickr.com/photos/28347503@N00/?saved=1

Ok, I tried some photo lightning, and some color enhancers.

On ( whats a camera) , does that look like an acceptable b&w?
0 Replies

Vivien

Reply Mon 10 Jul, 2006 01:56 pm
shewolfnm wrote:
Vivien, your flowers are fantastic.

May I use one on my desktop as a background!!!??? Very Happy

you are welcome Smile - thanks Smile

I checked the link and it looks good but I'm using a laptop online so it isn't a good screen to check for tonal correctness.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Mon 10 Jul, 2006 03:38 pm
I still think you need to lighten them up a bit, shewolf but I admit to being nitpicky. I've just been throughly criticised about my black and white images being too muddy so perhaps I'm a bit angsty about it too.

In black and white photography the gold standard is a "10 zone print". The 10 zones being an area of absolute black, an area of absolute white and 8 shades of grey in between. They actually make a little ruler that you can slide around your print to see how many zones you've managed to achieve. Very few prints achieve all 10 zones but it is always the goal.

I took the liberty of swiping a few images off of your site to see if I could bring out some details by trying to add some zones. All I did was play around with the brightness/contrast control in Photoshop (Images - Adjustments - Brightness/Contrast).

Here's what happened:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v667/boomerangagain/House/shewolf.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v667/boomerangagain/House/shewolf2.jpg

See how the little details start to pop out?

I'm not being critical. Like I said, I think you have a lot of talent. You might need a little more patience getting from here to there.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Mon 10 Jul, 2006 07:31 pm
Dont worry about being critical at all.
Never.

I want to hear these things. I need to know them. Smile

ehh.. 10 grade who'sits?

Ok. So , when I look at the diffrence, I DO see alot more detail.
But i also see white spots. Is that what you mean?
It seems... almost too bright at first.

But it does look alot better.

Let me pull one up , and give it a shot and see if I can learn that right quick..
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Mon 10 Jul, 2006 08:24 pm
hmm

im dickering with photo shop, and all I am getting is white spots..

Quote:
They actually make a little ruler that you can slide around your print to see how many zones you've managed to achieve

so can I get this tool?

Is there a way to get that when you take the picture? Or is that something you have to add in?

Where did you learn that rule?
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 10 Jul, 2006 08:29 pm
When I went wandering around the net look for '10 zone', one of the places I landed was in the forums at photo.net

Some interesting stuff there

http://www.photo.net/learn/making-photographs/

(this is a time I really miss kicky, cuz this sort of colour/tone rule thing is his shtick)
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Mon 10 Jul, 2006 08:40 pm
right on. Smile

thanks. I will read that in just a second.

here is a before and after I just tried with PS.

does it look better after??

( before ->

http://img99.imageshack.us/img99/751/m237ro.jpg

After->

http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/7603/m238oi.jpg

is that the clarity I should shoot for?
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Mon 10 Jul, 2006 08:45 pm
Zone system: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zone_system

This has a zone ruler on it.

The zone system really deals with film and exposure but it still applies in that you want a great exposure and lots of detail. The zone system is incredibly difficult to master so it should only be seen as a goal. You should strive to represent each zone in every print.

I think your second example is much better! I would lighten it a bit more and play with the contrast.

You're getting there! Keep after it!
0 Replies