Vasectomy - Experiences

el pohl

Reply Tue 4 Jul, 2006 12:00 pm
Sooo... any of you or your husbands have done this? Was it painful? Was it expensive? Is it truely reversible? Effective birth control?

Thanks!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 667 • Replies: 4
No top replies

Chai

Reply Tue 4 Jul, 2006 08:38 pm
Don't get a vasectomy thinking you may want to reverse it in the future. That is foolish. You must go into it with the mindset it is permanent.

If you have any idea you may someday want children, go a different route.
0 Replies

el pohl

Reply Tue 4 Jul, 2006 11:31 pm
Oh really? I thought it was much simpler - and reversible - than the women's alternative. Umm.. I forgot the name... Embarrassed
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Wed 5 Jul, 2006 04:23 am
It is much more simple, and less risky.

But it is not meant to be something you can do, then change your mind about.

I'm sure you can find other sites just by googling the word "vastecomy reversal" (that's what I did), but here's some facts.

Vasectomy Facts.

As you can see, it is expensive to reverse, and while they will find sperm in your ejaculate, that doesn't mean you are going to find enough to ensure a easy conception. In addition, the above site was the most opimistic one I saw about the chances.

Think of it as trying to sew back together 2 wet strands of spaghetti, each with a small hole in it, so that the holes line up perfectly.

Do you want to explain to some as yet unknown woman in the future how her chances of becoming pregnant are greatly diminished because of something you had done 15 years ago?

Just wear a condom.
0 Replies

el pohl

Reply Wed 5 Jul, 2006 11:52 am
Woah and although the operation is fairly cheap, the reversal is very expensive!!!

Seems like a good option, but untill I have my family planned.
0 Replies