Gitmo tribunals fair? Seems a kangaroo is skulking around...

dlowan

Reply Thu 6 Jul, 2006 03:44 pm
nimh wrote:
I gather you have nothing to say about the story this thread's about, Finn?

Almost never does.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Fri 7 Jul, 2006 06:19 am
Finn d'Abuzz wrote:
blatham wrote:
Heroic figure. Let's keep an eye on this, ci, and see what happens to the fellow.

You realize, of course, that you are encouraging ignorant tripe like

"Most in the Bush administration are criminals of the worst kind."

CI's quoted statement here wouldn't match my notion of balanced comment (there are worse examples, of course).

But there is a very strong possibility that people in the Bush administration will, at some point in the next decade or two, face criminal prosecution under international (and perhaps US) laws and treaties on war crimes. This would not be a bad thing, other than in the context of too many Americans' notions of their nation's moral exceptionalism.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sat 8 Jul, 2006 12:19 am
blatham wrote:
Finn d'Abuzz wrote:
blatham wrote:
Heroic figure. Let's keep an eye on this, ci, and see what happens to the fellow.

You realize, of course, that you are encouraging ignorant tripe like

"Most in the Bush administration are criminals of the worst kind."

CI's quoted statement here wouldn't match my notion of balanced comment (there are worse examples, of course).

But there is a very strong possibility that people in the Bush administration will, at some point in the next decade or two, face criminal prosecution under international (and perhaps US) laws and treaties on war crimes. This would not be a bad thing, other than in the context of too many Americans' notions of their nation's moral exceptionalism.

Never-the-less, uncontested by me you would provide CI with the full force and effect of your advocacy (and on A2K this is not inconsiderable) for this creteinc argument. And let's not have any doubt about it, you still have not come out with any sort of clarity that the notion that "Most in the Bush administration are criminals of the worst kind, " is a ridiculous statement.

If, however, you believe this statement to be true, you are not the person I have thought you to be, and therefore let us cast aside any charade of friendship., for my valued cyber-friendship with you is based on the fact that, irrespective of your political views, you are a man of reason.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 8 Jul, 2006 10:41 am
Finn et al, I may have jumped to conclusions, but so have you. The Fitzgerald investigation is still on-going, and many of the conservativs in "high office" have already been named.

If you have bothered to keep up with the media on Fitzgerald's investigation, one might easily conclude "they are criminals."

Okay, so they're presumed innnocent until proven guilty; don't hold your breath.
0 Replies