eye pressure

Reply Sat 1 Jul, 2006 08:15 am
Hi. I have miopia and astigmatism, both severe. When I lift heavy weights or even a little heavy loads, I feel an annoying pressure in my eyes. Even if I receive a bump in other parts of my body, especially in my shoulders and back, the pain or pressure thereof that I feel in my eyes are far more than the pain in those areas. I have been told my retina is very thin and prone to be torn. Now what should I do? Does lifting heavy loads really endanger my eyesight? How can I cure this sensitivity to heavy weights?
THANKS
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 632 • Replies: 2
No top replies

Chai

Reply Sat 1 Jul, 2006 09:08 am
You need to make an appointment with an opthamologist and discuss this at your visist.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sat 1 Jul, 2006 09:47 am
You are near sighted because you have an exceptionally large eyeballs.

Unfortunately you have "normal" retinas stretched over the backs of your exceptionally large eyeballs.

If you are having pain or feeling pressure in your eyes you should make an appointment immediately with an ophthalmologist. Your retinas may be tearing away from the back of the eye.

This can cause a loss of vision, even blindness.

Until you see the doctor, avoid heavy lifting--or look for bargains in dark glasses and white canes.
0 Replies