To create evil one must be evil - Is God Evil ?

Mindonfire

Reply Wed 5 Jul, 2006 05:43 pm
coluber2001 wrote:
Nobody is born evil; that's middle age thinking, demons and such. And I doubt that anybody identifies with evil. Evil comes from thinking that good ends justify any means. The people of Europe thought for a thousand years that war was the answer to their problems and that culminated in the Third Reich. Even Hitler and Stalin were sure that they were improving things. They never had any doubts, and that's the problem. Nobody was around to tell them they were doing wrong, and if anybody did they weren't around for long.

People in power like to surround themselves with people that reinforce their ideas, and that's their weakness. Good leaders surround themselves with people with disparate ideas to avoid fanacticism. Doubt is their friend and not their enemy.

The press is one of our last safety valves, the last to say that the Emperor has no clothes. We can judge any administration by its reaction to the press that attacks them. The most dangerous goverments try to silence the press by shutting them down or arresting them.

You can't really be from Texas. Don't you all love your Emperor? Those Texans love that swagger. The Emperor is actually not the problem.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Wed 5 Jul, 2006 06:47 pm
Mindonfire wrote:
neologist wrote:
Mindonfire wrote:
neologist wrote:
Mindy, what is the difference between 'LORD' and 'Lord' in the KJV?

Close to the same difference as there is with LORD, and LORD God,
You really don't know, do you?

If we did not know, we would not have brought it to your attention. Nice try.

Last time we checked there is a difference between the Lord Jesus Christ and God. Unless of course you are one of those who believes that Jesus Christ is the One God.

2 Timothy 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.
Lord and god are titles, not names. Lord and God are sometimes applied to Jehovah. In the KJV, LORD always means a translation of the tetragrammaton meaning Jehovah.

Jehovah and Jesus are both proper names. Jehovah shares his name with no one, while Jesus, and Joshua literally mean 'salvation of Jehovah' or 'Jehovah's salvation'.

You may apply the title 'Lord' to Jesus, but not 'LORD'. You may declare Jesus to be 'a god' but not 'the God'.

When the term 'god' (elohim) is used in the scriptures, as in Genesis 1:1, we must look at the context to see if the Almighty God Jehovah is being referred to, or one of the many lesser gods, even pagan gods.
0 Replies

coluber2001

Reply Fri 7 Jul, 2006 01:25 pm
Mindonfire wrote:
coluber2001 wrote:
Nobody is born evil; that's middle age thinking, demons and such. And I doubt that anybody identifies with evil. Evil comes from thinking that good ends justify any means. The people of Europe thought for a thousand years that war was the answer to their problems and that culminated in the Third Reich. Even Hitler and Stalin were sure that they were improving things. They never had any doubts, and that's the problem. Nobody was around to tell them they were doing wrong, and if anybody did they weren't around for long.

People in power like to surround themselves with people that reinforce their ideas, and that's their weakness. Good leaders surround themselves with people with disparate ideas to avoid fanacticism. Doubt is their friend and not their enemy.

The press is one of our last safety valves, the last to say that the Emperor has no clothes. We can judge any administration by its reaction to the press that attacks them. The most dangerous goverments try to silence the press by shutting them down or arresting them.

You can't really be from Texas. Don't you all love your Emperor? Those Texans love that swagger. The Emperor is actually not the problem.

Yeah! Hail King George. I agree that the Emperor is not the problem. It's the people that voted him in, or appointed him in the first case. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice me twice, shame on me.

Of couse, consider this: as the liberal areas of the U.S. see Texas, the whole of liberal Europe sees the U.S. We're not a monolith. Remember, Ann Richards was once the governer of Texas.
0 Replies