To create evil one must be evil - Is God Evil ?

Mindonfire

Reply Sat 1 Jul, 2006 01:10 pm
xingu wrote:
Mindonfire

The Lord is God. Who else would they be speaking to?

Quote:
A. Yet for us there is (only) one God, the Father, Who is the Source of all things, and for Whom we (have life), and one Lord, Jesus Christ, through and by Whom are all things and through and by Whom we (ourselves exist) (1 Corinthians 8:6, Amplified Version).

The term "Lord" is used interchangeably throughout the Bible to refer to both God the Father and to Jesus Christ.

SOURCE

Whoever wrote this quote has no idea what they are talking about.

There is the LORD, GOD, The LORD GOD and some other titles. There is One God.
0 Replies

Mindonfire

Reply Sat 1 Jul, 2006 01:20 pm
xingu wrote:
Mindonfire

The following is a list of people murdered by God directly or through His command.

The entire population of the earth except for eight survivors (Genesis 7:23)
Every inhabitant of Sodom and Gomorrah except for one family (Genesis 19:24)
Every first born of Egypt (Exodus 12:29)
All the hosts of the Pharaoh, including the captains of 600 chariots (Exodus 14:27,28)
Amalek and his people (Exodus 17:11,16)
3,000 Israelites (Exodus 32:27)
250 Levite princes who had challenged the leadership of Moses (Numbers 16:1-40)
14,700 Jews in a plague who had rebelled against Moses following the killing of the princes (Numbers 16:41-49)
All the subjects of Og (Numbers 21:34, 35)
24,000 Israelites who lived with Moabite women (Numbers 25:4, 9)
All the males, kings, and non-virgin females of the Midianites (Numbers 31:7, 8)
The Ammonites (Deuteronomy 2:19-21)
The Horims (Deuteronomy 2:22)
All the citizens of Jericho, except for a prostitute and her family (Joshua 6)
12,000 citizens of Ai. Joshua hung the king on a tree. (Joshua 8:1-30)
All the people of Makkedah (Joshua 10:28)
All the people of Libnah (Joshua 10:29, 30)
All the people of Gezer (Joshua 10:33)
All the people of Lachish (Joshua 10:32)
All the people of Eglon (Joshua 10:34, 35)
All the people of Hebron (Joshua 10:36, 37)
All the inhabitants of 1 of the country of the hills, and of the south, and the vale, and of the springs and all their kings (Joshua 10:40)
All 31 kings and inhabitants of their countries, and south country, and the land of Goshen, and the valley, and the plain, and the mountain of Israel, and the valley of the same from Mt. Halak to Mt. Hermon (Joshua 11:12, 16, 17, 12:24)
10,000 Moabites (Judges 3:29)
10,000 Perizzites and Canaanites (Judges 1:4)
600 Phillistines (Judges 3:31)
All of Sisera (Judges 4:16)
120,000 Midianites (Judges 8:10)
25,100 Benjaminites (Judges 20:35)
50,070 people of Bethshemesh (I Samuel 6:19)
All the Amalekites (I Samuel 15:3, 7)
The armies and five kings of the Amorites (Amos 3:2)
The Moabites and 22,000 Syrians (II Samuel 8:2, 5, 6, 14)
40,000 Syrian horsemen (II Samuel 10:18)
100,000 Syrian footmen, followed by 27,000 who are all crushed by a wall (I Kings 20:28, 29, 30)
42 children eaten by a bear (II Kings 2:23, 24)
185,000 Assyrians killed by an angel (II Kings 19:35)
10,000 Edomites, followed by 10,000 more whose killers brought them to the top of the rock, and cast them down from the top of the rock, that they were broken in pieces (II Chronicles 28)
120,000 Judeans (II Chronicles 28)
75,000 Persians (Esther 9:16)

Here are a couple of those from the list.

Genesis 19:24 Then the LORD rained upon Sodom and upon Gomorrah brimstone and fire from the LORD out of heaven;

Exodus 12:29 And it came to pass, that at midnight the LORD smote all the firstborn in the land of Egypt, from the firstborn of Pharaoh that sat on his throne unto the firstborn of the captive that [was] in the dungeon; and all the firstborn of cattle.

Exodus 14:27 And Moses stretched forth his hand over the sea, and the sea returned to his strength when the morning appeared; and the Egyptians fled against it; and the LORD overthrew the Egyptians in the midst of the sea.

Exodus 17:16 For he said, Because the LORD hath sworn [that] the LORD [will have] war with Amalek from generation to generation.

Do you not yet find it strange that when it comes to the killings it has been done by the Lord. This should let you know that there are different entities involved.
0 Replies

xingu

Reply Sat 1 Jul, 2006 01:37 pm
Mindonfire

The Lord and God are one in the same. I dare you to go into a Christian church and tell them otherwise.

Here's an example.

The President of the United States George W. Bush.

The President said........

George Bush said.........

Same person different title.

Who is God?
Who is Bush?

Who is Lord?
Who is President?

Who is Lord God?
Who is President Bush?

Quote:
In a religious concept, The LORD is a name referring to God, mainly by the Abrahamic religions (Judaism, Islam, and Christianity).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lord

When the Bible says the Lord spoke to Moses who do you think is speaking to Moses?

Are you to tell us there are two Gods, one called God and the other Lord?
0 Replies

Cyracuz

Reply Sat 1 Jul, 2006 01:47 pm
xingu,

watch it now. Don't put them two words too close. Some nutcase might misread it and start shouting Lord Bush, and we definitely don't need that. Smile
0 Replies

Mindonfire

Reply Sat 1 Jul, 2006 01:54 pm
xingu wrote:
Mindonfire

The Lord and God are one in the same. I dare you to go into a Christian church and tell them otherwise.

Here's an example.

The President of the United States George W. Bush.

The President said........

George Bush said.........

Same person different title.

Who is God?
Who is Bush?

Who is Lord?
Who is President?

Who is Lord God?
Who is President Bush?

Quote:
In a religious concept, The LORD is a name referring to God, mainly by the Abrahamic religions (Judaism, Islam, and Christianity).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lord

When the Bible says the Lord spoke to Moses who do you think is speaking to Moses?

Are you to tell us there are two Gods, one called God and the other Lord?

Who cares what the Christian churches think. They are blind, hypocritical and wrong as anything in this world. They have no idea who or what they worship.

The Lord and God are seperate entities who are ONE in spirit. Just like you have Jesus Christ, and God. They are two entities, yet they are One in spirit.
0 Replies

Mindonfire

Reply Sat 1 Jul, 2006 01:55 pm
Cyracuz wrote:
xingu,

watch it now. Don't put them two words too close. Some nutcase might misread it and start shouting Lord Bush, and we definitely don't need that. Smile

Too late for that
0 Replies

Cyracuz

Reply Sat 1 Jul, 2006 02:03 pm
Quote:
The Lord and God are seperate entities who are ONE in spirit. Just like you have Jesus Christ, and God. They are two entities, yet they are One in spirit.

Everything is one in spirit. We're only separate in ignorance.
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Sat 1 Jul, 2006 02:03 pm
Mindonfire wrote:
Man is the problem and Man is the solution.

So explain to me exactly how man causes drought, and how man can fix it. Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Mindonfire

Reply Sat 1 Jul, 2006 04:34 pm
Cyracuz wrote:
Quote:

Everything is one in spirit. We're only separate in ignorance.

If everything was One in Spirit, there would be no disagreements. To be One in spirit is to be in agreement or harmony. We see none of that.
0 Replies

Mindonfire

Reply Sat 1 Jul, 2006 04:37 pm
Wilso wrote:
Mindonfire wrote:

So explain to me exactly how man causes drought, and how man can fix it. Rolling Eyes

For beginners how about wasting less water. One doesn't have to flush the toilet everytime One urinates. Imagine the millions of gallons of water that is wasted by this act.
0 Replies

BDV

Reply Sat 1 Jul, 2006 04:39 pm
Apart from all the long lists of murders you all forget the flood where the old testament god wipped out the entire world bar 8

Quote:
And the LORD said, I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth; both man, and beast, and the creeping thing, and the fowls of the air; for it repenteth me that I have made them. Genesis 6:6-7
0 Replies

Cyracuz

Reply Sat 1 Jul, 2006 04:40 pm
mindonfire wrote:
Quote:
If everything was One in Spirit, there would be no disagreements. To be One in spirit is to be in agreement or harmony. We see none of that.

You are right. We see none of that. So if to be One spirit is to be in agreement and harmony, then why can someone be unhappy or suffering? They are "one spirit". So they should be happy ann harmonious.

Or maybe they're suffering because they believe that they are "one spirit" among many others, when there is a chance that they are not.
0 Replies

Mindonfire

Reply Sat 1 Jul, 2006 08:39 pm
BDV wrote:
Apart from all the long lists of murders you all forget the flood where the old testament god wipped out the entire world bar 8

Quote:
And the LORD said, I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth; both man, and beast, and the creeping thing, and the fowls of the air; for it repenteth me that I have made them. Genesis 6:6-7

Cause and Effect. Cause and Effect. Man should look at himself.
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Sat 1 Jul, 2006 09:05 pm
Mindonfire wrote:
Wilso wrote:
Mindonfire wrote:

For beginners how about wasting less water. One doesn't have to flush the toilet everytime One urinates. Imagine the millions of gallons of water that is wasted by this act.

And that makes more rain how?
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Sat 1 Jul, 2006 09:08 pm
None of that will help many Africans for whom nothing grows. This unending rationalisation of everything unexplainable in order to sustain an ancient superstition is immature in the extreme. It's time you grew up.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Sat 1 Jul, 2006 09:13 pm
I gotta admit, Mindy; you have a point about cause and effect. The generation wiped out in the time of Noah was a generation of violence who had ignored Noah's preaching. The Canaanites effaced by the Jews were practicers of child sacrifice.

But you sure are mixed up with God's name, Mindy. God and lord are both titles. God's name is either Jehovah or Yahweh when pronounced in English. It means 'he who causes to become". It is represented by four Hebrew letters known as the tetragrammaton, yod, heh, waw and heh. It is found over 6000 times in the Hebrew scriptures. The Jews, in their superstition, refused to pronounce Jehovah's name. Now folks would just rather not hear it. Bible translators habitually replace Jehovah with 'Lord ' or 'Elohim' or 'God'. (The king James Version used the all capital 'LORD' to translate the tetragrammaton in their work.)

This does not mean that where the generic term God appears, that some other entity is being identified; otherwise who was it that created the heavens and the earth in Genesis 1:1?

One must examine the context or, preferably, the original text to determine who is being referred to.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Sat 1 Jul, 2006 09:16 pm
Wilso wrote:
None of that will help many Africans for whom nothing grows. This unending rationalisation of everything unexplainable in order to sustain an ancient superstition is immature in the extreme. It's time you grew up.
The world produces enough food so that no one needs to go hungry. Greed is the cause of starvation.
0 Replies

Mindonfire

Reply Sat 1 Jul, 2006 09:17 pm
Wilso wrote:
Mindonfire wrote:
Wilso wrote:
Mindonfire wrote:

And that makes more rain how?

You don't need rain. You have excess to carry you through the times of drought. Droughts are periodic. You reap what you sow. You sow waste you reap waste. Actually quite simple.
0 Replies

Mindonfire

Reply Sat 1 Jul, 2006 09:25 pm
neologist wrote:
I gotta admit, Mindy; you have a point about cause and effect. The generation wiped out in the time of Noah was a generation of violence who had ignored Noah's preaching. The Canaanites effaced by the Jews were practicers of child sacrifice.

But you sure are mixed up with God's name, Mindy. God and lord are both titles. God's name is either Jehovah or Yahweh when pronounced in English. It means 'he who causes to become". It is represented by four Hebrew letters known as the tetragrammaton, yod, heh, waw and heh. It is found over 6000 times in the Hebrew scriptures. The Jews, in their superstition, refused to pronounce Jehovah's name. Now folks would just rather not hear it. Bible translators habitually replace Jehovah with 'Lord ' or 'Elohim' or 'God'. (The king James Version used the all capital 'LORD' to translate the tetragrammaton in their work.)

This does not mean that where the generic term God appears, that some other entity is being identified; otherwise who was it that created the heavens and the earth in Genesis 1:1?

One must examine the context or, preferably, the original text to determine who is being referred to.

Man kills himself. The universe is built on probability. With the increase of certain actions you increase the chances of certain results. The more violence you generate, the more violence will be reaped. A nation can generate enough violence to wipe itself off of the earth.

Now, open the Bible and do an examination and notice the difference. Generally when there are people to kill you will notice that the Lord does the killing. Quite simple
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Sat 1 Jul, 2006 09:25 pm
neologist wrote:
Wilso wrote:
The world produces enough food so that no one needs to go hungry. Greed is the cause of starvation.

AMEN!
0 Replies