To create evil one must be evil - Is God Evil ?

Mindonfire

Reply Sat 1 Jul, 2006 09:26 pm
neologist wrote:
Wilso wrote:
None of that will help many Africans for whom nothing grows. This unending rationalisation of everything unexplainable in order to sustain an ancient superstition is immature in the extreme. It's time you grew up.
The world produces enough food so that no one needs to go hungry. Greed is the cause of starvation.

This is correct. Does 5% of the worlds population consuming 40% of its resources ring a bell.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Sat 1 Jul, 2006 09:29 pm
Mindonfire wrote:
. . . Now, open the Bible and do an examination and notice the difference. Generally when there are people to kill you will notice that the Lord does the killing. Quite simple
Open an interlinear Hebrew translation of the flood account and see how the words God and Yahweh are used to refer to the same person.
0 Replies

xingu

Reply Sun 2 Jul, 2006 04:39 am
Mindonfire

From Exodus;

Quote:
20:1
And God spake all these words, saying,

20:2
I [am] the LORD thy God, which have brought thee out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage.

So when the Lord speaks, God speaks.

By the way what religion are you that you don't believe in the Lord being God? There are over 30,000 Christian sects in this world so it's difficult to speak to a Christian. No matter what you say someone from some sect will disagree with you.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Sun 2 Jul, 2006 04:59 pm
Mindy may be 30,000 all by himself, er, themselves. . .
0 Replies

talk72000

Reply Mon 3 Jul, 2006 12:03 am
The Jews do not use Yahweh as it forbidden in the Ten Commandments: "Thou shalt not take the the name of thy Lord in vain". They substitude Adonai or Lord then add the title "Thy God" after.
0 Replies

BDV

Reply Mon 3 Jul, 2006 06:03 pm
...and lets not forget Jealous (Qanna). He uses this 6 times.
0 Replies

kevnmoon

Reply Mon 3 Jul, 2006 07:01 pm
''In addition to the minor evils, there are numerous universal good purposes in the existence of Satan, and human attainments and perfections. Yes, however many degrees there are from a seed to a huge tree, the abilities lodged in human nature are more numerous. There are degrees from a minute particle to the sun. For these abilities and potentialities to develop, action is required, a transaction is necessary. The action of the mechanism of progress in such a transaction is brought about through striving. And striving occurs through the existence of evil spirits and harmful things. Otherwise man's station would have been constant like that of the angels. There would have been no classes in human kind, which resembles thousands of species. And it is contrary to wisdom and justice to abandon a thousand instances of good so as to avoid one minor evil.

For sure the majority of people embrace misguidance due to Satan, but importance and value look mostly to quality; they look to quantity little or not at all.'' 13. Flashes - BSN
0 Replies

kevnmoon

Reply Mon 3 Jul, 2006 07:05 pm
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Mon 3 Jul, 2006 07:53 pm
BDV wrote:
Yeah, but adjectives and titles are not names.
0 Replies

BDV

Reply Tue 4 Jul, 2006 12:19 pm
For thou shalt worship no other god: for the LORD, whose name is Jealous, is a jealous God:

Exodus 34:14 KJV of 1769 with Strongs Numbers and Morphology

neologist wrote:
BDV wrote:
0 Replies

Mindonfire

Reply Tue 4 Jul, 2006 12:58 pm
xingu wrote:
Mindonfire

From Exodus;

Quote:
20:1
And God spake all these words, saying,

20:2
I [am] the LORD thy God, which have brought thee out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage.

So when the Lord speaks, God speaks.

By the way what religion are you that you don't believe in the Lord being God? There are over 30,000 Christian sects in this world so it's difficult to speak to a Christian. No matter what you say someone from some sect will disagree with you.

Look at the verse below Now if God and the Lord are the same entities does it not strike you strange that the LORD tells the children of Israel not to profane the name of their God. If you are their God you would tell them not to profane your name.

Leviticus 18:21 And thou shalt not let any of thy seed pass through [the fire] to Molech, neither shalt thou profane the name of thy God: I [am] the LORD.

Leviticus 19:12 And ye shall not swear by my name falsely, neither shalt thou profane the name of thy God: I [am] the LORD.
0 Replies

Mindonfire

Reply Tue 4 Jul, 2006 01:00 pm
kevnmoon wrote:

Excellent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! A man of wisdom
0 Replies

xingu

Reply Tue 4 Jul, 2006 01:51 pm
Quote:
Look at the verse below Now if God and the Lord are the same entities does it not strike you strange that the LORD tells the children of Israel not to profane the name of their God. If you are their God you would tell them not to profane your name.

Leviticus 18:21 And thou shalt not let any of thy seed pass through [the fire] to Molech, neither shalt thou profane the name of thy God: I [am] the LORD.

Leviticus 19:12 And ye shall not swear by my name falsely, neither shalt thou profane the name of thy God: I [am] the LORD.

God is saying don't profane my name. Lord is his title. It means "He causes to be".

They are one in the same. Learn your Bible!!
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Tue 4 Jul, 2006 08:37 pm
BDV wrote:
For thou shalt worship no other god: for the LORD, whose name is Jealous, is a jealous God:

Exodus 34:14 KJV of 1769 with Strongs Numbers and Morphology

neologist wrote:
BDV wrote:
An adjective used as a name; what could that mean? Call me confused. . .
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Tue 4 Jul, 2006 08:38 pm
Mindy, what is the difference between 'LORD' and 'Lord' in the KJV?
0 Replies

Mindonfire

Reply Tue 4 Jul, 2006 10:12 pm
neologist wrote:

Close to the same difference as there is with LORD, and LORD God,
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Wed 5 Jul, 2006 08:29 am
Mindonfire wrote:
neologist wrote:

You really don't know, do you?
0 Replies

Mindonfire

Reply Wed 5 Jul, 2006 02:16 pm
neologist wrote:
Mindonfire wrote:
neologist wrote:

You really don't know, do you?

If we did not know, we would not have brought it to your attention. Nice try.

Last time we checked there is a difference between the Lord Jesus Christ and God. Unless of course you are one of those who believes that Jesus Christ is the One God.

2 Timothy 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.
0 Replies

kevnmoon

Reply Wed 5 Jul, 2006 03:38 pm
neologist wrote:
An adjective used as a name; what could that mean? Call me confused. . .
0 Replies

coluber2001

Reply Wed 5 Jul, 2006 03:54 pm
Nobody is born evil; that's middle age thinking, demons and such. And I doubt that anybody identifies with evil. Evil comes from thinking that good ends justify any means. The people of Europe thought for a thousand years that war was the answer to their problems and that culminated in the Third Reich. Even Hitler and Stalin were sure that they were improving things. They never had any doubts, and that's the problem. Nobody was around to tell them they were doing wrong, and if anybody did they weren't around for long.

People in power like to surround themselves with people that reinforce their ideas, and that's their weakness. Good leaders surround themselves with people with disparate ideas to avoid fanacticism. Doubt is their friend and not their enemy.

The press is one of our last safety valves, the last to say that the Emperor has no clothes. We can judge any administration by its reaction to the press that attacks them. The most dangerous goverments try to silence the press by shutting them down or arresting them.
0 Replies