sfsling

Reply Tue 27 Jun, 2006 12:58 am
Recently,I and one of my friends had some misunderstanding. And I know it is my fault,I had sent her a message hoped that she would forgive me. But I do not know if she have received the message.I had lost one friend,so I do not want to lose another friend. Now I do not know how to deal with it,can you help me out of this situation?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 625 • Replies: 1
No top replies

Asherman

Reply Tue 27 Jun, 2006 08:19 am
Generally, between friends, an apology and the passage of time is sufficient to mend most wounds. Sometimes not. Here there is too much we don't know. How close your friendship was, and the details of the misunderstanding. You may regard the friendship as close, while the other person may only think of you as one among many. To your friend the misunderstanding may have cut more deeply than you realize. Who can say? How old are you and your friend? To the young, misunderstandings and disagreements seem much more serious than when you are old. Old friends who have known one another for a long time generally know what subjects to steer well clear of, so misunderstandings and problems tend to be over smaller things that are quickly remedied.

Give the situation some time. The first time you see the person make a discrete apology, and try again to mend fences. Then back off and observe how the other person reacts in your presence for a period of time. Ultimately, we are all alone and should be able to adapt to lonliness. Its better to have family and friends, but even in a great crowd, we are still alone.
0 Replies