Sex with the ex

Reply Tue 20 May, 2003 09:00 am
stolen from some threads on the sex on the first date topic. But I'm wondering what you all think of sex with the ex.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,612 • Replies: 9
No top replies

midnight

Reply Tue 20 May, 2003 09:01 am
Personally as long as neither of us are seeing anyone else and its understood on both sides that its just sex why not?
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Tue 20 May, 2003 09:06 am
Now are you speaking of ex-spouses? If so, I think that having sex with the ex is a very common scenario. Whenever there is a breakup, there is most often ambivalence. There is always a connection, even if it is only history.

Personally, I think that it is one way of not completely breaking off the relationship. If both partners "know the deal", and both have similar expectations, there is no problem. If one of the partners thinks that the sex will get the two of them back together again, IMO, there IS a problem!
0 Replies

bobsmyth

Reply Tue 20 May, 2003 09:59 am
Sex with the ex
Not for me, thank you. Sex with the ex would still involve a feeling of romance and confuse other economic, familial relations etc. Neither one even when married confides all to the other. How much more difficult would it be with this additional scenario to deal with. I say it would be fraught with peril.
0 Replies

fbaezer

Reply Tue 20 May, 2003 10:23 am
If you have sex with the ex, then she's not really an ex.
When the ex really becomes an ex, there's no drive for sex.
0 Replies

BeachBum

Reply Tue 20 May, 2003 11:05 am
Just for the record, I have found that is NEVER just sex. Even if you both agree that it is so, it isn't.
0 Replies

midnight

Reply Tue 20 May, 2003 11:58 am
BeachBum wrote:
Just for the record, I have found that is NEVER just sex. Even if you both agree that it is so, it isn't.

I kinda think that can depend on the relationship. I mean if the relationship kind of just fizzles out, no major drama etc. sexing it up occasionally . . . . . I think it could just be sex. . . maybe not.
0 Replies

celticclover

Reply Fri 23 May, 2003 03:28 am
It all depends on why you left the sucker in the first place....if together you had great sex, then sure why not, but I know people that sleep with the ex, when one of the down falls was, that they were useless in bed.....now what is the point of that?
0 Replies

midnight

Reply Fri 30 May, 2003 09:54 am
celticclover wrote:
It all depends on why you left the sucker in the first place....if together you had great sex, then sure why not, but I know people that sleep with the ex, when one of the down falls was, that they were useless in bed.....now what is the point of that?

yeah that doesn't make any sense Confused definitely wouldn't sleep with an ex just for the sex if I knew the sex wasn't going to be what I wanted.
0 Replies

CodeBorg

Reply Fri 30 May, 2003 10:11 am
In theory: yes. In practice: nope.
Other people may toe that line, and I'm jealous of their clarity and control. But it's too screwy, complicated and dangerous for my head.

Also, "just for the sex" would demean my memories of the relationship we had together. My last memory of somebody is the most important.

So, only if the original relationship was itself, purely only about sex ... then maybe okay.
(There was this woman who used to call me about twice a month... I felt like a gigolo because that's all she wanted. But after the novelty wore off, erk, how annoying, ho-hum. Going back to her would be like going back to the gym. What's the point?)
0 Replies