Threat to your kids life

husker

Reply Tue 20 May, 2003 04:33 pm
Update - turns out the kid might have lots of pressures at home (forclosure - family losing home) also does have access to guns. Am told the threat has been verified by 3 or 4 others. Person has been suspended for 2 days.

Now you just gotta wonder what's going on in that kids home, and if this things really over????
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 20 May, 2003 04:34 pm
Be careful, Boss, an' be safe . . .

Keep us posted . . . silly as it is, this place functions as a community, n' yer a part of it, like it or not . . . please let us know . . .
0 Replies

husker

Reply Tue 20 May, 2003 04:37 pm
Will do - head'n fer the ranch. (3/4 acre)
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 20 May, 2003 07:35 pm
husker - do come back and let us know what's happened/happening.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Tue 20 May, 2003 10:23 pm
Yes, please!

Are the police involved yet? If not, they should be. Call them yourself if the school officials haven't already done so. Believe me, the police can get a 12-year-old's attention (and her parents' attention!) MUCH more effectively than a teacher or a principal can. You want to make sure the bully and her parents know they're being watched.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 20 May, 2003 10:26 pm
<fret stew fret stew>
0 Replies

LibertyD

Reply Wed 21 May, 2003 12:03 am
god, Husker -- please keep your kid at home until you know it's safe. I'm so sorry you're going through this...I'm with the others -- please let us know everything is okay.

Liberty
0 Replies

husker

Reply Wed 21 May, 2003 08:30 am
Sorry for the delay - busy night and I will be talking to the school within the hour. Still early a.m. here.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 21 May, 2003 08:59 am
How's your kid feel about it all?
0 Replies

husker

Reply Wed 21 May, 2003 09:30 am
ok - hung-up with the teacher I know, who is also handling the situation. I feel pretty good about the situation, they are going to keep a watchful - cautious eye out. He did talk with the father and grandfather, the girl does NOT have access to any guns at all.
Sheriff and State Patrol do not need to be notified, but there is a record at the School District office also. At this age 11 to 15 young girls at there meanest. The girl is suspended for 2 days.

My kid is still uneasy about the situation, going to need sometime.

It's ironic this type of situation is one of the situations I'm creating the community center \ resource center for; and the school district wants to be a part of. Keep the kids in a learning enviornment where they are not disposable, and build better behavior.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 21 May, 2003 01:20 pm
Good for you for doing something proactive, husker.

Great that she doesn't have access to guns after all. (Feeling very evil toward the NRA just now... Evil or Very Mad)

Thanks for the updates, too.
0 Replies

husker

Reply Wed 21 May, 2003 02:12 pm
sometimes frustrating the NRA does serve some good once in awhile.
0 Replies