can you please make this letter look proffessional?

bubu

Reply Sat 24 Jun, 2006 07:27 pm
Hello,

The following is a letter of request from a woman, to get the money her husband was to get before his death.

can you please rewrite this letter in official english.
[Please don't worry about th addresses and other formalities. It's just the body of the letter I am concerned about]

Dear sir,

I would like to bring to your kind notice that my husband, on account of his sudden death, never received the 6 month's salary due to him [ from march 15th to september15th]

It would be a great help if you could help me get these money, for which act of yours I shall be ever obliged

Thank you
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 602 • Replies: 2
No top replies

tycoon

Reply Sat 24 Jun, 2006 07:42 pm
Well bubu, you have an instinct for decorum. If the recipient were American I would get to business first, after a brief nicety. I would bring the subject to the forefront:

Dear

I would be obliged if you looked into the following concern.

My deceased husband was entitled to six month's pay, on account of his sudden death. The period covers March 15th to September 15.

Would you be so kind as to look into this matter as expeditiously as possible.

Thank you.

Sincerely,
0 Replies

Wy

Reply Mon 26 Jun, 2006 01:28 pm
Hi bubu. I disagree with one part of tycoon's answer. I would change the "My deceased husband..." paragraph to read:

"My husband was owed six months' salary by your firm. Because of his sudden death, this money was never received. The time period involved is from March 15 to September 15, 2004."

My problem with tycoon's answer is that it sounds as if he is owed the money because he died, when the facts are that he is owed the money because he worked those six months before his death, and never received the pay for them.
0 Replies