ARI quits?

mamajuana

Reply Tue 20 May, 2003 08:04 am
Phoennix - I'm confused. Why would he want to leave before the electioneering? I should think that's when he would be needed. Why would the WH want somebody new at that time? Or does he really want to leave? Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Gen

Reply Tue 20 May, 2003 12:00 pm
*sniff* Crying or Very sad I'm gonna miss him. I always laughed at how flustered he got the reporters it was sooo priceless!

Perhaps its not the W.H. that wants him to leave... Perhaps his new bride gave him an ultimatum, and he feels his wife is more important than his career. Confused

I see nothing wrong with that. He could be experianceing med problems from the stress of his post too. That could also be a factor of stepping down now.

I just hope that what ever avenue he ventures into, hes happy in. Hes taken so much crap for so long. Reporters really are quite annoying. I should be one. :wink:
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Tue 20 May, 2003 12:46 pm
In today's NY Times, he says he just wants a normal life. Plans to move back to NY, where he grew up, but first has to earn some major dough to be able to afford a house there. There was some speculation that he may eventually want to run for office.

If that happens, you Ari fans can look forward to seeing him some more. I also gather that there are fan club web sites for him. Whatever...

Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

steissd

Reply Tue 20 May, 2003 12:55 pm
IMO, if all the people that dislike President George W. Bush are happy with resignation of Mr. Fleischer, this means that he did his job well. He was (and I guess, is up to date) loyal to his boss. What is wrong in such a behavior of any governmental employee?
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Tue 20 May, 2003 03:15 pm
frankly i see nothing wrong with his behavior, he chose to be the spokeman for Geroge W Bush and i am sure he did his job up to expectations. whoever replaces him will do the same.
0 Replies

mamajuana

Reply Tue 20 May, 2003 09:50 pm
dyslexia - I agree. I think he did his job well, too. My question is about his timing. I think he's good at what he does, but it still seems odd to me to have an experienced person leave this kind of job at a time when experienced, being-able-to-think on your feet skills are needed.

If he's planning to run for public office in NY, I don't think there are many republicans who don't want a shot at Hillary Clinton.
0 Replies

Tartarin

Reply Wed 21 May, 2003 07:23 am
Remember when Ari screwed up royally a while back and we were all saying, Just wait for the resignation -- it'll be timed to look like a resignation, anyway? And that's what happened. He's out. I'm sorry he's out in a way because he was the most visible sign of the failures and cover-ups of the admin. It's hard to know whether he's a major jerk or whether he was paid to look like a major jerk!
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Wed 21 May, 2003 08:42 am
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Wed 21 May, 2003 09:22 am
Interesting that she's bailing, too. I think the last sentence of that article sums it up nicely. I'm not sure how much of an environmentalist she was, but I gather she was more committed to the idea than those who surrounded her.

Must have been frustrating to run the EPA for an administration that sneers at the idea the the environment should be protected if there's money to be made by not doing so...
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Sat 7 Jun, 2003 07:54 pm
The Bush Administration announced today that former New York Times reporter Jayson Blair will replace Ari Fleischer as White House Press Secretary.

Known as a cautious and calculating press secretary who constantly ducked tough questions, Fleischer announced in May that he would resign between the invasions of Iraq and Iran to give the White House time to replace him.

"It's a good time to leave," said Fleischer. "How would you like to explain 60,000 businesses filing for bankruptcy under Bush, a nose-diving dollar, three million people out of work, a record budget deficit, $95,000 tax cuts for millionaires, and increasing pollution?"

Blair, known for widespread fabrication and plagiarism in his news articles, is considered a shoe-in for the job although some doubt that the ex-Times staffer, by forging inaccuracies in only 36 out of 73 new stories, can keep up with White House demands.

Jayson Blair to Replace Ari Fleischer at White House
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sat 7 Jun, 2003 08:06 pm
Wink
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 7 Jun, 2003 08:08 pm
<thud>

Laughing
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Sat 7 Jun, 2003 09:38 pm
In a small village in the North of Chile there was a civil servant whose specific job was to place electrodes on sensitive parts of state enemies bodies. He apparently did his job very well, before retiring late last year. I wish him well.
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Tue 17 Jun, 2003 03:06 pm
The wisdom of Ari Fleischer's dad, who happens to be a Democrat:

"I guess if Ari had to rebel, being a Republican is better than being on drugs, but not by much."

Stamford Advocate
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Tue 17 Jun, 2003 03:09 pm
Wow. What a lame rebellion, too: Being the top flack for the frat-boy president.
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Sat 21 Jun, 2003 02:06 pm
http://images.ucomics.com/comics/tt/2003/tt030618.gif
0 Replies