ARI quits?

Reply Mon 19 May, 2003 07:26 am
WASHINGTON - White House press secretary Ari Fleischer (news - web sites), the public face of the Bush administration through two wars and a terrorist attack, said Monday he will resign in July to enter the private sector. His replacement will likely be deputy press secretary Scott McLellan.
"I've decided my time has come to leave the White House," Fleischer said in a telephone interview.
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=514&e=1&u=/ap/20030519/ap_on_go_pr_wh/fleischer_resigns
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 2,343 • Replies: 35
No top replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Mon 19 May, 2003 07:29 am
Too bad. Ari is really good at what he does, and has a lot of credibility. I wish him well!
0 Replies

wolf

Reply Mon 19 May, 2003 12:32 pm
So much cheating can't be healthy for your mind. I guess über-lyer Fleischer's brain must have turned into a kind of green liquid gelatin by now.
0 Replies

wolf

So much cheating can't be healthy for your mind. I guess über-lyer Fleischer's brain must have turned into a kind of green liquid gelatin by now.
0 Replies

wolf

0 Replies

wolf

Reply Mon 19 May, 2003 12:36 pm
0 Replies

wolf

Reply Mon 19 May, 2003 12:36 pm
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Mon 19 May, 2003 02:38 pm
wolf, could you repeat that please?
0 Replies

New Haven

Reply Mon 19 May, 2003 02:57 pm
Why so many copies?
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Mon 19 May, 2003 03:00 pm
The A2K server was having hissy fits today. When that happens, and posts seem not to go through, people will tend to click multiple times. Then you find that there are duplicate(and even triplicate or more) posts!
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 19 May, 2003 03:12 pm
Phoenix32890 wrote:
Too bad. Ari is really good at what he does, and has a lot of credibility. I wish him well!

As much as I despise this administration -- I could not possibly agree with you more, Phoenix -- and I didn't want to miss the opportunity to tell you so.

Ari's job was not to report the truth. It was to report the White House position on things. And he did a bang up job of it.

I wish him well also.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 19 May, 2003 03:17 pm
It seems Ari's resignation takes effect on July 1. What a good birthday present - for me! LOL c.i.
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Mon 19 May, 2003 03:30 pm
Phoenix, with all due respect, Ari has "a lot of credibility"? I beg to differ. He told blatant fibs all the time. That comes with the territory, I know, and the media rarely pressed him on his howlers. But that's not what I'd call credibility!
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 19 May, 2003 05:43 pm
D'artagnan wrote:
Phoenix, with all due respect, Ari has "a lot of credibility"? I beg to differ. He told blatant fibs all the time. That comes with the territory, I know, and the media rarely pressed him on his howlers. But that's not what I'd call credibility!

Quite so!

If you are a stickler for the truth, being press secretary to an American president sure ain't a job for you.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 19 May, 2003 07:34 pm
Who'd want a job like that, except for some masochist. c.i.
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Mon 19 May, 2003 09:30 pm
His job is to report what the president tells him to say and he is very good at it--unflappable and professional.
I agree that the media was gutless for not pressing him harder. When do you suppose that will start happening again, if ever?
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 19 May, 2003 09:33 pm
I agree with Diane, Ari was treated with kid gloves by the WH reporters. Are they all afraid of GWBush? c.i.
0 Replies

mamajuana

Reply Mon 19 May, 2003 09:49 pm
I've thought from the beginning that Ari Fleischer really worked at the job he was supposed to do.

But leaving in July? With a campaign coming up? This timing seems very strange.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 19 May, 2003 11:28 pm
I always thought Ari was as good as Saddam's regime in the art of obfuscation. He kept us guessing. c.i.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Mon 19 May, 2003 11:35 pm
mamajuana- I don't think that his timing is strange at all. Actually, it makes a lot of sense. He wants to leave before the electioneering jumps off.
0 Replies