FATHERS: SOCIAL CONSERVATIVES ARE RIGHT, AGAIN

Setanta

Reply Wed 21 Jun, 2006 11:06 am
You've corrupted that line from a song, which reads: "Go tell it on the mountain."

This is an interesting thread. I've not posted because i've been reading along with interest what others have to say. Then you come along, and drop off one of your typical turds, using this thread as an attempt to slander those with whom you think you disagree. This is par for the course, though. You never have anything interesting or of substance to contribute to such threads.
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Wed 21 Jun, 2006 11:09 am
This whole thread is based on various people's anecdotal evidence, including the blog that Foxfyre pasted. To say that two-parent families have higher income is hardly newsworthy.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Wed 21 Jun, 2006 11:13 am
Quote:
I have only known one father who actively fought for primary custody and he won - and that was 25 years ago.

Boomerang- Now you know two. My son fought for and was given custody of my granddaughter when she was 11!
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 21 Jun, 2006 11:14 am
D'artagnan wrote:
To say that two-parent families have higher income is hardly newsworthy.

Not everyone seems to know as much you do D'art!
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Wed 21 Jun, 2006 11:19 am
Phoenix32890 wrote:
Quote:
I have only known one father who actively fought for primary custody and he won - and that was 25 years ago.

Boomerang- Now you know two. My son fought for and was given custody of my granddaughter when she was 11!

Very cool!

I think courts have always been willing to grant fathers custody but not many men try. Still, I'm sure that there is a bias towards mothers.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 21 Jun, 2006 11:26 am
I think you're right, Boom, that family courts tend to assume that children should be placed with their mothers. Very often, fathers are obliged to prove that their former partner would not be a fit parent in order to get custody.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Wed 21 Jun, 2006 11:43 am
McGentrix wrote:
Wow! What a flurry of liberal activity!

Fox must have hit a sore spot.

It's liberal to discuss kids being raised in loving homes?

Who knew?
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Wed 21 Jun, 2006 11:54 am
Absolutely, kids growing up in loving homes is liberal.

And McG is right about Fox hitting a sore spot. Conservatives have taken immoral anti-family and anti-minority positions for years and still maintain a smug, judgemental and hateful self-righteousness.

That is a very sore spot.

The part in Foxfyre's article about AIDS prevention is especially sore. The best way to combat the spread of AIDS is the use of condoms and encouraging people to be tested. The best way to do this is programs to raise public awareness.

Sex education has been proven very effective, both in the US and abroad. This includes talk of the risks of sexual behavior as well as the use of condoms.

Conservatives are aginst Sex Education and programs to make condoms available which makes this particular article offensive.

Conservatives, especially the so-called Christian Right was also at the forefront of resisting the early discovery and treatment.

The Christian Right was stateing that AIDS was a punishment from God, while they were actively opposing public health, research and education efforts which we were organizing as a response.

Yeah, liberals are sore about this.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 21 Jun, 2006 11:59 am
Yep yep yep.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Wed 21 Jun, 2006 12:14 pm
DrewDad wrote:
McGentrix wrote:

Who knew?

No. It's liberal to give a ****, apparently.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Wed 21 Jun, 2006 12:18 pm
FreeDuck wrote:
DrewDad wrote:
McGentrix wrote:

Who knew?

No. It's liberal to give a ****, apparently.

Oh. That part, I knew.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Wed 21 Jun, 2006 02:50 pm
DrewDad wrote:
McGentrix wrote:

Who knew?

No things like "Conservatives have taken immoral anti-family and anti-minority positions for years and still maintain a smug, judgemental and hateful self-righteousness. " is liberal... Rolling Eyes

Basically, e_brown's every post in this thread is represntative of "liberal' and why people hate them.
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Wed 21 Jun, 2006 02:51 pm
McGentrix wrote:

Basically, e_brown's every post in this thread is represntative of "liberal' and why people hate them.

What people would those be?
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 21 Jun, 2006 02:53 pm
D'artagnan wrote:
McGentrix wrote:

What people would those be?

Haters.
0 Replies

mesquite

Reply Wed 21 Jun, 2006 02:54 pm
Thomas wrote:
(1) Note that the article says nothing about gay parents, whom Foxfyre has intermingled with single moms in her introduction.

(2) I have visited America in the 80s. I've met liberals there. They all appreciated fathers in their families. As so often, the cheating isn't in representing your own views. It's in misrepresenting the views you disagree with.

Thomas, Foxfyre has a well established bias on A2K against homosexual adoptions and has in the past used such anecdotal nonsense to support her opinion.
0 Replies