I Hate Fat

makemeshiver33

Reply Tue 20 Jun, 2006 02:20 pm
Quote:
MMS--

Stress and the perception that extra energy may be needed at any time causes fat to be accumulated right around the liver, handy for the liver secretions to convert to energy.

Maybe you have bloat, maybe you have stress.

You're a complicate woman. Perhaps you have both bloat and stress.

I probably am damned with both....lol You've read alot of my post..lol
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Tue 20 Jun, 2006 02:23 pm
Bella I feel your pain. In my young days I could maintain a healthy weight with a good diet and some exercise, but when I hit my late 30's that seemed to end. I eat a very healthy diet with fewer calories than recommended by most sources for my height and age. Because of my job I sometimes walk between 10-15 miles a day (I don't really get anywhere, I'm like a hamster on a wheel), not to mention all the heavy lifting I do. However, the weight is still a battle. It seems if I just think of pasta I can feel a pound being added to my frame, if I eat I gain 2. Your illness certainly has added to your troubles, but age too is now a factor. Just hang in there and try to tighten up your muscle and increase your stamina, you might not lose weight but you will look and feel much better.

(Sometimes Chai's posts scare me)
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Tue 20 Jun, 2006 02:42 pm
Any medications you're on can affect you, too.

I just went and changed one that I take, for that very reason. (Today, actually....)

Satiety triggers...

We need videos of the coconut thing, btw. You should try out for Survivor.
0 Replies

cyphercat

Reply Tue 20 Jun, 2006 03:15 pm
Ooh, fat hating! my kind of thread!

Do you ever sit there and glare at a particular glob and fantasize about just lopping it off? I do...that's prolly not healthy...But it's just so freakin' stubborn! You work out and build up all that muscle, but you can't even see the nice muscles you know you've got, because of that bastard fat just sitting there all glommed onto you. I get so I hate it like a personal enemy. If only it had a face to punch or something...

I was just jogging and noticing that if I looked straight ahead, it was great, I felt good, I'm feelin' all pleased with my good ol' muscular legs...but if I glanced down, then I'd see all the jiggling and the train of thought would instantly switch to "damn fat! why do I even bother! it's all pointless!" <sigh> Sad
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Tue 20 Jun, 2006 03:18 pm
Ha! Cyphercat, at least you dont have Miss Size 2- All Firm- And I'm Running 8 Miles in front of you.

Seriously, this is like a curse. Every time I get on a treadmill, she comes a long an la-dee-da hops right on the one in front of me.

Arg.....grrrr......bitch......
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Tue 20 Jun, 2006 03:21 pm
Fat is unsightly.

Fat combined with crepe--too, too, slowly shrinking skin--is even more dispiriting.
0 Replies

cyphercat

Reply Tue 20 Jun, 2006 03:38 pm
Bella Dea wrote:
Ha! Cyphercat, at least you dont have Miss Size 2- All Firm- And I'm Running 8 Miles in front of you.

Seriously, this is like a curse. Every time I get on a treadmill, she comes a long an la-dee-da hops right on the one in front of me.

Oh, HER!! I remember her from when I used to belong to a gym...I miss the gym, but I sure don't miss that part of it!

There was a girl at the one I used to go to that would sit on a machine and do about three reps, LITERALLY, and then stare at herself in the mirror and fix her hair, look around to see if anyone was looking, adjust her clothes, fluff the hair again...then two more reps, another primping pause...That was pretty entertaining, actually! Smile
0 Replies

flushd

Reply Tue 20 Jun, 2006 09:00 pm
Bloating MMS. Laughing Any day I am feeling fat, I reason it out with "ahh, I'm just bloated today. Maybe my period is coming." Doesn't matter if I just had my period, am halfway to it, or what. lol.

Hey, bloating and stress is legit. I'm slacking tho; my bathing suit had to be 'replaced' for a bigger material model. And this after I thought I'd be getting a wee-r one (boobies). akh.

But, seriously, I feel for you Bella. Damn, it's amazing what a few years can do. Just a few years ago; I could do my exercises, eat my food, and not even have to think of this crap.
Now, I can't say I am bloated anymore. I put on a few pounders. Dropped the ball: piss, it didn't take long for them to creep on at all! It's shocking and weird. Everything is 'settling' in spots. ahhkk.

May I add my own personal complaint? (well, another one). My Triceps!! Damn!! I barely had to think about it afore. Now I work and work them; still, I'll getting a bit of jiggles.

I am kinda vain. Still, it sucks seeing fat where it wasn't before. Maintenance ain't bad: but trying to push uphill is a bitch.

Hang in there.
0 Replies

cyphercat

Reply Tue 20 Jun, 2006 09:19 pm
Oh, flushd, me too on the triceps! I think we're about the same age (26 here) and it just started happening all of a sudden recently. Shocked

I remember the first few times I noticed that I'm-done-waving-but-part-of-my-arm-is-still-going thing, I thought it was just a fluke...it took me a loooong time to come to grips with the fact that the tricep-flappy that I always made fun of on my mom had finally happened to me too... Crying or Very sad
0 Replies

makemeshiver33

Reply Tue 20 Jun, 2006 09:22 pm
Quote:

Aww Bella, she's probably doing it all for the wrong reasons...her vanity!

Just remember Bella, what reasons you have to be there.....

Quote:
Quote:
May I add my own personal complaint? (well, another one). My Triceps!! Damn!! I barely had to think about it afore. Now I work and work them; still, I'll getting a bit of jiggles.
Oh, flushd, me too on the triceps! I think we're about the same age (26 here) and it just started happening all of a sudden recently.

LOL...Bless ya'lls hearts. Just wait till you can flap them babies like your going to take off any minute now...
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Tue 20 Jun, 2006 09:23 pm
26!!!!!!!!!! and you're worried about falling apart. Just you wait 'til your 46 and your ass is dragging 10 minutes behind the rest of you.....
0 Replies

makemeshiver33

Reply Tue 20 Jun, 2006 10:01 pm
Amen Sista'!!!!! ROTF
0 Replies

flushd

Reply Wed 21 Jun, 2006 02:29 am
LOL. Have I told you women lately how great y'all are? Smile I feel better for being indulged a bit and tolerated.

I've seen a pic of Bella and she is beautiful. Beautiful enough that I would be jealous if I didn't like her bold personality so much.
She's dealt with a hell of a lot, so I'm confident she'll succeed here too.

Akh. My mum is 48, so I know what's coming for me. She's still lovely as they come. Just a bit more house frau-ish (is that a word?). Laughing

sorry to derail...turning the thread back over to Fat...
0 Replies

sakhi

Reply Wed 21 Jun, 2006 05:42 am
Ha...I'm 24 and slim. But I could certainly do with a more toned body. My waist's ok...but I have these love handles (the fat on the back of my waist). How on earth do I get rid of them. They just won't go. I don't wear tops that show my midriff for this reason. But then, I wear a sari on all festive occassions....Sad
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Wed 21 Jun, 2006 05:52 am
The last few years shops have only sold these belly exposing tops.
Recently they have been selling long tops, Im so releaved, I buy loads, i need to cover my wobbly bits.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 21 Jun, 2006 06:33 am
makemeshiver33 wrote:
Quote:

Aww Bella, she's probably doing it all for the wrong reasons...her vanity!

Just remember Bella, what reasons you have to be there......

I guess I can't be too hard on her...I mean, they usually actually do run some miles in the time it takes me to sweat around one.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 21 Jun, 2006 06:35 am
material girl wrote:
Recently they have been selling long tops, Im so releaved, I buy loads, i need to cover my wobbly bits.

OMG, me too! I am SO glad for the long tanks...however, I HATE the ones with empire waists...Hello, I look pregnant enough without the help of those damn shirts.

Seriously, if I get pregnant while those are still in style, I will be so happy. Laughing
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 21 Jun, 2006 06:40 am
Oh and the other thing is I've been STARVING lately. Seriously hungry all the time.

My stomach actually rumbles. It isn't just in my head.

How can I lose weight when I am eating my weight in food?
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 21 Jun, 2006 06:47 am
flushd wrote:

I've seen a pic of Bella and she is beautiful. Beautiful enough that I would be jealous if I didn't like her bold personality so much.
She's dealt with a hell of a lot, so I'm confident she'll succeed here too.

Embarrassed aw...thanks...I think. :wink:
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Wed 21 Jun, 2006 07:12 am
material girl wrote:

I have heard of this being called muffin tops.
0 Replies