why does this still hurt

Reply Sun 18 Jun, 2006 10:29 am
Hi.
some of you know me.
if you do you will know im 18-
i have been havind sex for over a year now, and whenever either of the 2 boyfriends i have had enter me it still hurts like hell!
when it gets all the way in and he starts moving its fine, its great, its just when its going in for the first time its really painfull.

its really irritating because apart from that i have good sex and it would be better and more sexy if my boyfriend could just 'slip into me.'

I was a gymnast for quite a number of years and am quite athletic and i think possibly it could be because im quite 'tight'.
even tampons can hurt when they 'go in'
every time i havent had sex for a little while it hurts more than when i have had sex the previous night etc.

anyway. my bf is comming home from france in 2 weeks after 3 months over there, and i dont want to end up in agony the first time we sleep together.

sorry to be so graphic, but does anyone know why this is?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 872 • Replies: 16
No top replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sun 18 Jun, 2006 10:31 am
armour all the condoms. You ARE using condoms right?
0 Replies

The Pentacle Queen

Reply Sun 18 Jun, 2006 10:44 am
yes of course i am.
apart from last year when i was on the pill.
i said i was 18, not an idiot.

what do you mean armour all the condoms?
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Sun 18 Jun, 2006 10:49 am
Plenty of lubricant.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sun 18 Jun, 2006 11:25 am
And plenty of foreplay.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Sun 18 Jun, 2006 01:07 pm
Actually, there could be a physical reason for this. If you are giving yourself enough time in foreplay and lubrication isn't a problem, it may be that the vaginal opening is not completely open. It happens sometimes. Ask your doctor about this...he/she can tell with a simple examination. A quick bit of laser surgery (with a local anesthesia) can take care of the problem very easily.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Sun 18 Jun, 2006 03:09 pm
If I may ask....when one of your bfs enter you, do they do it all in one stroke, or do they put it in part way, pull out some and then continue on?

Priming the pump, so to speak?

Having learned that I've been incorrect about something with ovulation all these years (thanks Eva for educating me) I could be wrong with the following, but....

I think a woman lubricates from two glands by the entrance to the vagina, if the penis is going in, it might not have enough natural lube on it to initially spread through the entire vagina (same with a tube of lubricant)

not to give TMI, but I get a twinge of pain sometimes, and it's usually from that cause.
0 Replies

xguymontagx

Reply Mon 19 Jun, 2006 12:45 am
I'm pretty sure this is a pretty common problem.

This same thing often happens to my current girl friend when we haven't had sex in a while. She has had sex with alot more than two people and says that part of it has to do with penis size because she hasn't had that problem with many of the other guys she has dated.(I'm not trying to brag, really.) Maybe this is part of your problem?

it always helps if there is plenty of foreplay to help lubrication and help her relax.

also saliva can be a good on the spot lubrication if you are in a hurry. That's all I will say.

Of course it is a good idea to ask you doctor to see if the thing eva said is right.
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Mon 19 Jun, 2006 02:12 am
The Pentacle Queen wrote:
yes of course i am.
apart from last year when i was on the pill.
i said i was 18, not an idiot.

Why does being on the pill mean you shouldnt use condoms??!!
The pill doesnt stop you from getting STD's.
0 Replies

The Pentacle Queen

Reply Mon 19 Jun, 2006 04:40 am
yes but if ive only ever slept with people that are previosly virgins i can get an STI.
thanks fir the advice guys.
we always do do plenty of foreplay- and i wouldnt say i find it hard to 'get wet' but will try lubricant.

i dont really like the sound of laser surgery! Shocked
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Mon 19 Jun, 2006 04:46 am
yes but if ive only ever slept with people that are previosly virgins i can get an STI.

Ok, but I wouldnt like to risk it.Plus if you meet up with previous partners a few months after being together,dont believe them if they say they havnt done it with anybody else, please use condoms.

I havnt done it for years, Im dreading the next time I do it(if I ever do).
0 Replies

The Pentacle Queen

Reply Mon 19 Jun, 2006 04:52 am
material girl yes you will have sex again.

god, ill step in if no-one else will!
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Mon 19 Jun, 2006 04:54 am
material girl yes you will have sex again.

god, ill step in if no-one else will!

Haha, thanks but I still find staright sex completely new.When I go 'the way of the lady' Il let you know.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Mon 19 Jun, 2006 03:37 pm
Sometimes when women first start having sex, the hymen doesn't completely break. Part of it may still be intact, making the vaginal opening smaller than it should be...and therefore, pain ensues.

A doctor can correct this easily. Don't think of "laser surgery" as a big deal. It's not. It's really the same thing that usually happens when you have sex the first time, only easier because there's a local anesthetic! (A very minor medical procedure, really.)

The next time you go in for your pap smear, ask your doctor about this. Since he's doing an examination, he'll be able to look and tell right then.
0 Replies

flushd

Reply Mon 19 Jun, 2006 04:25 pm
I agree with Eva. Book an appt. for a pap and overall check-up and speak to your doctor about your concerns. It may be a medical reason: sex shouldn't hurt. And, I'd like to clear the myth about exercise and 'tightness' being a factor here. It's highly doubtful. Since you have been having sex for a while, and if you use proper foreplay/lubrication...there is no rush: if it hurts, stop! slow down!....'tightness' should not cause pain. Vaginas are made for penis'. Smile Exercise is good, but shouldn't cause troubles in bed...in fact, should be the reverse.

It's usually a matter of: Poor techniques in the sack, rushing/over-eager partners, not enough foreplay for proper natural lubrication, or not using enough bottled lube. OR
It is a medical situation. Hymen related. An infection. Lots of things....
This is interesting too...don't know if it could be in your case?
Title[/URL]Vaginismus

Oh, and it may also be pyschological. It may be that you are tensing up, not relaxed enough...and rushing the process yourself. I can not speculate, but this seems quite common with women (and I guess men too). <insert> Laughing
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Mon 19 Jun, 2006 06:58 pm
Oh, yeah! Lots of reasons! And almost all of them are fixable!
0 Replies

The Pentacle Queen

Reply Fri 23 Jun, 2006 05:21 am
thanks guys.
will try all of the above.
0 Replies