What's for dinner tonight?

msolga

Reply Sat 24 May, 2003 01:51 am
cf

That was a brave protest!!!! Shocked
Anyway, you obviously enjoyed it & I guess you must like living dangerously. Very Happy

ehBeth

Oh yum!!!! That sounds delicious!
Makes my many splendid vegetable soup prospects tonight seem downright boring. Rolling Eyes
Tell us more about Kim Hoa. Sounds excellent!
0 Replies

urs53

Reply Sat 24 May, 2003 03:04 am
Msolga, our cats don't really like fish .... only tuna from the can!

Rae, that's my kind of dinner!
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Sat 24 May, 2003 06:34 am
ehBeth, the wife and I are huge fans of Pho, what's your favorite choice Pho house in Toronto? We have one, but for the life of me, I can't remember the name...when we order it in, we generally go for Saigon Gourmet. Pho Hung is always reliable, but I have had better.

msloga, not only did I eat the steak with relish, I coughed on it first to see if I could give it SARS Very Happy
0 Replies

margo

Reply Sat 24 May, 2003 01:37 pm
Cav
You actually made me laugh out load - and then I coughed, too - but I didn't have any steak! (it's a bit early at 5.36am Sunday!)
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 24 May, 2003 01:52 pm
hehehe cavF - yer a funny lad.

someday you will have to meet my Miss Cleopatra. The groomers hamburger and mrs. hamburger took her to think she is a CavX - they say she has a very Cav face!

trying to remember the name of my fav pho places. One is in the food court in the maze i work in ( a friend on mat leave likes it so much, she hauls her husband and babies in every 6 weeks to get a fix ). I'm definitely better on directions than names - other than places like Kim Hoa, where I've been going for about 20 years, or The Bagel.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 24 May, 2003 06:55 pm
Oh! Dinner's still in the microwave getting cold.... it's an enchilada plate with black beans and corn.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Sat 24 May, 2003 08:27 pm
Tonight I cooked for clients, so dinner was:

Chipotle-soy marinated hijiki seaweed salad on paper thin cucumber slices
Carrot-ginger soup with a garnish of creme fraiche and chives
Pan seared magret of duck on saffron couscous with pine nuts, buttered fiddleheads and plum-apple chutney
Baby spinach and pear salad in a light sunomono dressing in black pepper pappadums
Warm fresh raspberry clafoutis with raspberry granita
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 24 May, 2003 08:32 pm
<drooooooling>
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 24 May, 2003 10:00 pm
I had a giant chocolate chip cookie and a vat of Earl Grey tea at the Future Bakery in the Annex after the concert tonight. yum.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Sat 24 May, 2003 10:42 pm
I always like street meat after a concert (that's a hot dog, btw, for those not in the know) Very Happy
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 24 May, 2003 10:54 pm
You just read my mind! I was contemplating the 3 vendors at the corner of Queen and Spadina and trying to decide which was my favourite! (thinking about my next Spadina/Kensington excursion).
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sun 25 May, 2003 01:23 am
You people are making me SERIOUSLY hungry!!! Oh food, glorious food!!! Very Happy

Cav, can you send all left-overs from you culinary feasts c/o msolga, Melbourne, Oz?
Thank you very much, in eager anticipation! Very Happy
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 25 May, 2003 11:18 am
I wish I knew. Wink c.i.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Mon 26 May, 2003 12:25 am
ehBeth

I'll have your exotic leftovers too! Very Happy
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Mon 26 May, 2003 01:36 am
Tonight:
Penne in a tomato, basil & garlic sauce ....
It's COLD tonight! Need something to warm my bones!
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 26 May, 2003 06:38 pm
I made french-lentil dhal and rice for dinner - it was good! I've been a little let down at my indian food cooking ability for the last few years. It's good to be back on track!
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 26 May, 2003 06:38 pm
MsOlga - how cold?
0 Replies

husker

Reply Mon 26 May, 2003 07:00 pm
i just fired up the bbq
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Mon 26 May, 2003 09:00 pm
We fired up the BBQ, too! We grilled chicken breasts marinated in yogurt/garlic/lemon juice/olive oil/rosemary & thyme, a new recipe for me from the yogurt container. We also had a green sala with scallions, tomatoes, cucumbers, Spanish olives & avocado. For dessert, vanilla ice cream, Courvoisier, teeny gingersnaps & coffee.

IT was soooooooo goooooooood!
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Mon 26 May, 2003 11:27 pm
Did a cooking class today, so dinner was a modern version of chicken pot pie, chicken thighs baked in cream, then skin removed, diced up, sauteed mirepoix, stir in the chicken, deglaze with Vermouth, add the cream from the chicken, reduce slightly, serve over steamed fiddleheads on halved herbed scones, garnish of finely cut chives. Raspberry clafoutis for dessert, again, lol. Fiddleheads again too...they are in season, so why not?
0 Replies