What's for dinner tonight?

msolga

Reply Sat 17 May, 2003 11:35 pm
What are you cooking tonight?
Or maybe you're eating out?
Tell us about it!

Me? I'm baking a whole fish (marinated schnapper), topped with chopped tomatoes, mushrooms & parsley .... Maybe a baked potato & a salad as well ... Sounds good to me! Smile
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 6,164 • Replies: 73
No top replies

msolga

Reply Sat 17 May, 2003 11:57 pm
BTW .... it's mid Sunday afternoon here in Oz ..... Probably a wee bit early to be thinking of dinner yet for you folk just going to bed after Saturday night!
0 Replies

bigdice67

Reply Mon 19 May, 2003 08:29 am
Hmm, I'm not sure about dinner this monday evening... Since it's my only day off, I'm mostly prone to go out and eat, but tonight I'm not sure, maybe we'll find some fish at the super-market, that would be nice!

What did you have for sunday dinner, msolga?
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Mon 19 May, 2003 08:32 am
I am potting a flank steak, with onions, mushrooms, string beans, carrots, and red potatoes. Not fancy, but satisfying, and plenty of leftovers!
0 Replies

urs53

Reply Mon 19 May, 2003 08:33 am
Yes, sounds good to me! So I will pack my stuff and leave for home!
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Wed 21 May, 2003 04:36 am
bigdice

Sunday night dinner? That was my baked fish night .... Not as good as I'd hoped. Oh well ...
Tonight's dinner was my 2nd (little) steak in 15 years! (Someone suggested it as I've been feeling a wee bit tired & rundown lately) ... Dunno, it still feels strange after all those vegetarian years. Confused
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Wed 21 May, 2003 05:14 am
My mother-in-law's goat curry and home-made roti, the best!
0 Replies

bigdice67

Reply Wed 21 May, 2003 09:14 am
we had some really nice fish that I grilled, and a salad with that... And my saladsauce was just plain awesome!!!

2tbsp honey
2tbsp medium hot mustard
3tbsp spanish sherry vinegar
salt, pepper
1teasp balsamic vinegar

whip it all together, taste it, add some salt, probably...

3 drops of truffleoil, very careful here
add up with virgin olive oil

all this on a green salad, nothing fancy, but the salad turned very ritzy thru the sauce, ask urs!
0 Replies

urs53

Reply Wed 21 May, 2003 10:29 am
It was wonderful! The fish was very good, too.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 21 May, 2003 12:12 pm
I haven't done this weeks grocery shopping yet. I ordered pizza last night, but can't afford to eat out again tonight. I dunno what I'll have.......
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 23 May, 2003 02:19 am
bigdice & urs

Oh, you eat so well! I'm envious ... such creativity & expertise!!! I will try your salad dressing (though maybe omit the truffle oil - unless I'm feeling very wealthy & extravagant & manage to buy some. Very Happy )
Wow, I'm impressed!
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 23 May, 2003 02:20 am
p.s. .... Makes me wonder what your cats had for dinner .... lobster? Very Happy
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 23 May, 2003 02:22 am
littlek

I haven't ordered a (delivered to home) pizza for yonks ..... A good way to chill out after a frantic day, yes?
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Fri 23 May, 2003 05:43 am
http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=7785&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=10
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Fri 23 May, 2003 06:11 am
Just in protest over the mad cow disease scare in Canada, I made a wonderful steak dinner last night. Bought Meyer Angus striploins, organically farmed here in Ontario, no hormones, no additives, natural diet. I just grilled them with a bit of coarse French sea salt and fresh cracked pepper. Man, they were really really tasty...just had some corn on the cob and a small salad on the side. I am lucky to be a chef, I have been able to get a few free samples of truffle oil from a few different companies, heh heh, haven't paid for it in a while.
0 Replies

New Haven

Reply Fri 23 May, 2003 06:41 am
cavfancier wrote:
Just in protest over the mad cow disease scare in Canada, I made a wonderful steak dinner last night. Bought Meyer Angus striploins, organically farmed here in Ontario, no hormones, no additives, natural diet. I just grilled them with a bit of coarse French sea salt and fresh cracked pepper. Man, they were really really tasty...just had some corn on the cob and a small salad on the side. I am lucky to be a chef, I have been able to get a few free samples of truffle oil from a few different companies, heh heh, haven't paid for it in a while.

I'm afraid of "mad cow" disease!
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Fri 23 May, 2003 06:57 am
I stick by organic farming, and besides, there are no cases in Ontario anyway.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 23 May, 2003 10:01 pm
... and as we all know, the cavfancier doesn't scare easily. canajuns is tough! :wink:

i was wandering around Spadina after work tonight. Cheese Magic in Kensington Market was closed by the time we got there, so i wandered down to Kim Hoa and ordered a 3 combination meat on rice to go. had about 1/4 of it with salad once i got home. I love Kim Hoa, especially their soya chicken with green onion, ginger and garlic sauce.
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Fri 23 May, 2003 10:08 pm
Dinner?

Godiva Chocolate Cheesecake Ice Cream.

Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sat 24 May, 2003 12:55 am
And was it yummy, Ray? Very Happy Hope so!
0 Replies