JFK was elected honestly.

Reply Sat 17 May, 2003 02:55 pm
I had always taken for granted that R (Outhouse) Nixon was cheated out of the presidency in 1960. I have read that sentiment in perhaps several dozen places over the years. A comment by a fellow a2k member got me to looking and I came up with this site that explains that Kennedy would have won even without Cook County.
http://www.leinsdorf.com/kennedy.htm
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,583 • Replies: 6
No top replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 17 May, 2003 02:59 pm
At the bottom of the page click to go to the home page. There are quite a few interesting articles to be found there.
0 Replies

williamhenry3

Reply Sat 17 May, 2003 04:40 pm
edgar<

The election of the president in 1960 -- like the one of 2000 -- will be fodder for controversy as long as there are people alive who remember them.

The votes of Cook County, Illinois, aside, John F. Kennedy was elected president. The myths of the man continue to fascinate the American people almost 40 years after his death.

It would be, for example, interesting to know how "Mimi," a White House intern who admittedly had sex with JFK, really felt about Kennedy. The media currently seems to want us to believe that the president kept her
locked away in a closet, only to be brought out to satisfy his sexual appetite.

The Camelot of JFK apparently had a sense of eeriness to it that is being revealed little-by-little.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 17 May, 2003 04:50 pm
I personally did not care for JFK. But I also did not care for Nixon, Eisenhower, LBJ or H Humphrey. Guess I'm just too darn hard to please.
0 Replies

New Haven

Reply Sat 17 May, 2003 05:52 pm
JFK will always be remembered.
0 Replies

williamhenry3

Reply Sat 17 May, 2003 10:10 pm
edgar<

Please tell all . . . is there a politician -- living or dead -- that you do like?
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 17 May, 2003 10:43 pm
:wink:
0 Replies