Is the Bush administration targetting me?

parados

Reply Mon 12 Jun, 2006 08:41 pm
I just got an email from a Yahoo account wishing me a happy belated birthday. It isn't my birthday for a couple of weeks.

The name on the email account was very distinctive, first initial, last name of obvious eastern European descent. The email was then signed with the first name. When I googled that name it came up that the person was an employee of Homeland Security.

Should I be worried because Homeland Security doesn't know when my birthday is? Did they get the wrong info from the NSA?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,339 • Replies: 24
No top replies

yitwail

Reply Mon 12 Jun, 2006 09:00 pm
if he offers you a free trip abroad, i think you should decline.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Tue 13 Jun, 2006 05:48 am
It's interesting that you should mention that yitwail.

I got a second email from him telling me Dave had cleaned the carpet in the condo on the beach and that the front lock had been changed. He also told me where I could find the key and to go ahead and make copies of that key.

Should I be worried that with Hurricane season starting, homeland security is trying to get me near the ocean?

Why did Dave have to clean the carpet?

Why did they tell me about the key?
0 Replies

yitwail

Reply Tue 13 Jun, 2006 07:31 am
i imagine the carpet was stained somehow, ketchup perhaps. maybe the lock was changed so in the unlikely event the last occupant turned up, you & your possessions would be secure. i'm not sure there's anything sinister about an ocean location. they might be planning to give you a boat ride.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 13 Jun, 2006 07:42 am
Yes, during which, he can do some diving with cement flippers . . .
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Tue 13 Jun, 2006 08:50 am
{singing}
    Broke into the old apartment This is where we used to live Broken glass, broke and hungry Broken hearts and broken bones This is where we used to live Why did you paint the walls? Why did you clean the floor? Why did you plaster over the hole I punched in the door? This is where we used to live Why did you keep the mousetrap? Why did you keep the dishrack? these things used to be mine I guess they still are, I want them back Broke into the old apartment Forty-two stairs from the street Crooked landing, crooked landlord Narrow laneway filled with crooks This is where we used to live Why did they pave the lawn? why did they change the locks? Why did I have to break it, I only came here to talk This is where we used to live How is the neighbor downstairs? How is her temper this year? I turned up your TV and stomped on the floor just for fun I know we don't live here anymore We bought an old house on the Danforth She loves me and her body keeps me warm I'm happy here But this is where we used to live Broke into the old apartment Tore the phone out of the wall Only memories, fading memories Blending into dull tableaux I want them back
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Tue 13 Jun, 2006 09:33 am
Who's that from, Jes?
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Tue 13 Jun, 2006 09:47 am
The Barenaked Ladies.
0 Replies

yitwail

Reply Tue 13 Jun, 2006 09:53 am
is homeland security investigating them?
0 Replies

Asherman

Reply Tue 13 Jun, 2006 09:53 am
Nice poetry. I remember that you and I were first attracted to A2K as a potential place to swap fiction and poetry. These days I'm too busy painting to write much fiction, and this is the first year in a long time when I haven't written a single line of poetry. Soooooooooo glad you continue to carry the flag.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Tue 13 Jun, 2006 09:57 am
I didn't write that, it's a song by The Barenaked Ladies.
0 Replies

Asherman

Reply Tue 13 Jun, 2006 10:00 am
Well, whoever wrote it, is nicely written. I hope that you are still writing; you do it well. If nothing else, law school makes writing non-legal stuff almost a dream.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Tue 13 Jun, 2006 10:16 am
Thank you. I write a little, these days I haven't had a lot of inspiration. Hmm. Are you still writing?
0 Replies

Asherman

Reply Tue 13 Jun, 2006 10:31 am
Mostly essays for A2K threads. I've been fiddling with a couple of short stories, but they haven't gone anywhere. As I said above, most of my time is spent in the studio painting. I'm in the middle of a very productive period. Over the last six months I've done some of my best work. A dozen paintings have been complete this year so far, and I have at least half a dozen more in mind. For the past several years I was working on more-or-less traditional landscapes, but I'm now returning to the more abstract stuff I'm better known for. Anyone who'd like to see some of the recent work can send me their email address, and I'll send a digital photo. I used to post paintings here, but the systeme seems to have changed and I haven't figured out where/how to do it anymore.
0 Replies

SierraSong

Reply Tue 13 Jun, 2006 10:50 am
I'd love to see some of your work. Are any for sale?

I don't have PM privileges, but I think I can receive them.
0 Replies

Asherman

Reply Tue 13 Jun, 2006 12:27 pm
SierraSong,

I just sent you a PM with details for getting in touch with me outside A2K. Let me know here if there is any problem.
0 Replies

SierraSong

Reply Tue 13 Jun, 2006 12:52 pm
Thanks, Ash! I just replied via email. Looking forward to seeing your work and doing some business with you!
0 Replies

parados

Reply Tue 13 Jun, 2006 01:47 pm
Sure,

I'm worried about my security and privacy and you guys are talking poetry..

(not to mention the security of someone willing to send me the address to a condo and tell me where to find the key.)
0 Replies

yitwail

Reply Tue 13 Jun, 2006 01:52 pm
maybe your condo could use a painting or two. in fact, maybe you should replace any paintings already there...they might have small insects in them or something, you never know.
0 Replies

ralpheb

Reply Tue 13 Jun, 2006 01:53 pm
upon further review it could be that you are just paranoid.
0 Replies