help!!!!!!!!!!!!

fengyin

Reply Mon 12 Jun, 2006 12:23 am
what's the meaning of "to tend to hold ","to below itself out" and "to fan it into life" ?Thank you! Embarrassed
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 492 • Replies: 1
No top replies

dadpad

Reply Mon 12 Jun, 2006 12:51 am
fengyin,

HELP!!!!!! is a poor thread title. if you continue to title your threads in this manner you may find no- one will answer you.
I realise it is difficult for you to use english but it is better to learn properly at first.
Forum help is the area you should use to ask questions about how to use this web site.
questions about language should be posted in the english forum. look around the site a little and become familiar with it.

Quote:
what's the meaning of "to tend to hold ","to below itself out" and "to fan it into life"

"To tend to hold" I do not know what this means it is not a phrase i am familiar with. Can you provide a sentance with the phrase in it?

"to below itself out" this also is not a phrase I am familiar with, however I think you mean "Blow itself out"
Blow is like wind, or air expelled out of the mouth. Does this help You? putting a fire out means to stop the fire burning.

"to fan it into life" if a fire is not burning brightly we sometimes wave an object near the fire to create wind or a draught, this is fanning a fire into life.
0 Replies