severe itching on palms of hands

Zoop

Reply Thu 8 Jun, 2006 10:37 am

Sad
Hello folks, I accidentally found this site whilst investigating an horrendous problem with severe itching on (mostly) palms, some on wrist, with a bright pink mottled skin colour. I know I have left it for ages, because a friend notice the mottling far before the ichiness came into effect about 6 months ago. No dryness or hives, I am not an allergic person - however I DO have a more than annoying soreness right up under right ribs, which is extremely sore to pressure. Went to doctor and had an ultrasoud or CT scan 2 yrs ago, came up clear, so he said the soreness was nothing. Now I wonder if this itching is liver related because I take Lipitor for high cholesterol. Your kind resposes in the positive if you have had this happen to you would be highly appreciated.
Zoop
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 9,521 • Replies: 5
No top replies

DrewDad

Reply Thu 8 Jun, 2006 10:41 am
You might get better help if you posted in the Medical forum. I've requested that this be moved.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Thu 8 Jun, 2006 12:15 pm
Re: severe itching on palms of hands
Zoop wrote:

Sad
Hello folks, I accidentally found this site whilst investigating an horrendous problem with severe itching on (mostly) palms, some on wrist, with a bright pink mottled skin colour. I know I have left it for ages, because a friend notice the mottling far before the ichiness came into effect about 6 months ago. No dryness or hives, I am not an allergic person - however I DO have a more than annoying soreness right up under right ribs, which is extremely sore to pressure. Went to doctor and had an ultrasoud or CT scan 2 yrs ago, came up clear, so he said the soreness was nothing. Now I wonder if this itching is liver related because I take Lipitor for high cholesterol. Your kind resposes in the positive if you have had this happen to you would be highly appreciated.
Zoop

I haven't had this particular thing happen to me although I do have varying degrees of excema. And don't count out allergies; you can develop them at any time.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Thu 8 Jun, 2006 12:20 pm
You really need to see a doctor--particularly if you suspect that your liver may be involved.

If superstitions are any comfort, itching palms are supposed to be an indication that money will be arriving in the near future.
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Thu 8 Jun, 2006 12:33 pm
Looks like many patients ,who take Lipitor also have itchy skin.

http://www.rxlist.com/rxboard/lipitor.pl?noframes;read=469

As cholesterol levels are reduced by use of a statin, such as Lipitor, and cholesterol is a major lipid of cell membranes, I'm not too suprised, that patients on Lipitor begin to get itchy as their cholesterol blood levels decline.

Relative to liver problems, any patient on a statin ( or even other medications) should have liver profiles on a regular basis.
check this out with your physician.
0 Replies

Zoop

Reply Mon 19 Jun, 2006 08:29 am
Very Happy
Many thanks to Jespar, Noddy and MIller for their replies.
It's heartening to think there are ppl out there happy to assist others.
Many Thanks
Zoop Very Happy
0 Replies