al-Zarqawi Killed

Reply Thu 8 Jun, 2006 02:39 am
Breaking News:

Insurgent leader--most wanted man in Iraq--was killed (along with 7 aides) in an air strike on his safehouse near Baquba.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 651 • Replies: 5
No top replies

Debra Law

Reply Thu 8 Jun, 2006 02:42 am
CNN: Officials say body was positively identified from his face, fingerprints, and known scars.
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Thu 8 Jun, 2006 02:44 am
Interesting news indeed.

Convenient timing too. But I'm sure your government won't brag about it, as they are now firmly focused on protecting marriage.
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Thu 8 Jun, 2006 03:01 am
I guess the main question now is, how much of a difference will it make? Al Quaeda, after all, is not an absolutist monarchy, so killing Al-Zarqawi won't affect the organization as much as if the English had killed Louis XIV. My guess is that the effect will be similar to catching a Mafia leader in Chicago: There'll be plenty of new ones to take Al-Zarqawi's place.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 8 Jun, 2006 04:23 am
I don't expect it to slow down the war. But, if he personally beheaded prisoners, among other unsavory acts, I don't expect anybody will mourn his passing.
0 Replies

flyboy804

Reply Thu 8 Jun, 2006 07:26 am
This confirmation is probably making McGentrix stream tears of joy and Amigo wail from woe. See related thread. http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=76565&highlight=
0 Replies